Random Ships of Mine

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Random Ships of Mine

Post by Killer »

This will be the thread in which I post all of my random ships (of which I have many).

Here's the first:

Here's a new line of ships I'm starting; if they take off, I'll move em to another thread. For now, here's the patrol ship:

Here's the frigate:

And here's the figher:

C&C appreciated, as I know that I screwed up somewhere.

I plan to use this thread for ALL ships that do not fit under my Halo ships or my Apophis ships.
Last edited by Killer on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:31 am, edited 10 times in total.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

about coloring:

for a color scheme, you will most likely want to chose a neutral color, such as a gray, as well as a primary color and a secondary color. any more than that and the ship begins to look like someone threw up skittles. try to make most of the ship's hull from either your neutral and primary colors, and use different shades of those to give the sense of depth. then use the secondary color sparingly to draw attention to interesting parts of your ship.

the primary and secondary color for your ship shouldn't clash either. I would suggest darkening the blue a little bit, and making the red brighter. your primary should be a color that looks good on your ship, and the secondary should stand out but not clash. a good example of this is blue with a purple secondary.

this is only one of many possibilities for a color scheme, but it's a good place to start.

also, you don't need to write in the 'EDIT:' thing if no one has posted after you yet as I understand it, and you don't need to do it at all on a ship building thread's first post.
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm editing the ship right now. Updated version in a sec. Also, how do I overwrite the version that's already uploaded?? Somehow it let me do it for my Halo ship, but now I get a prompt saying that I need to rename it first.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm editing the ship right now. Updated version in a sec. Also, how do I overwrite the version that's already uploaded?? Somehow it let me do it for my Halo ship, but now I get a prompt saying that I need to rename it first.
the best thing to do is not upload ships until they are finished, since very few people download works in progress ships unless it's to help with balancing. some one else will have to help you out there though.

for now just post pics
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

Updated.

Wow, thank you a LOT firestorm (btw, I'm not being sarcastic, I really appreciate your advice). BIG improvement.

I just noticed that those two white pieces in front of the blasters will change colour depending on how your colour is set for AI and player and such. Nice touch, if unintentional. Though now I know how to do that. Hit cancel when choosing a custom colour.
:D

Click here for an action shot.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

Wow, thank you a LOT firestorm (btw, I'm not being sarcastic, I really appreciate your advice). BIG improvement.

I just noticed that those two white pieces in front of the blasters will change colour depending on how your colour is set for AI and player and such. Nice touch, if unintentional. Though now I know how to do that. Hit cancel when choosing a custom colour.
you're welcome. I'm glad to see improvement.

those color changing sections are generally referred to as 'house colors'. they can be made to appear as any of the 3 colors that are set for their team. when you right click a piece and in the colors menu hit default colors instead of custom, you can chose between these 3.

the only thing that I thing needs to be changed color scheme wise is to change those front to blue sections either to the steel blue you have in back, or to gray. for the future, it helps if higher sections of the ship are brighter, IE: near the core. otherwise, I like it. good job. try to apply lessons learned here to your other ships.
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

GTFO, before I add language filters that correct every americanized word to the proper english versions, fuckwit.
I give 8 lines of legitimate advice, and you are correcting me for telling someone who's location says they are from Virgina how to spell a word in American English. :?

I fail to see your logic at times
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Killer: If you want your screenshots to be less blurry and to show colours more effectively, try saving them in .png format.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

My pics don't look to blurry, I just upload them without changing them and they look great to me, had no blurriness complaints off anyone. Of course, I could be wrong but my opinion is thats the best and easiest to do.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Jpeg format does result in an obvious loss in picture quality with BSF screenshots, notably with slight blurring and fading of colours as another result, as per my post in this thread. Also, when you convert to PNG, you can use the opportunity to TRIM YOUR DAMN SCREENSHOTS PEOPLE. (Not directed at you, Killer. You've done a great job of trimming yours, though I strongly recommend using png format.)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Are screenies automatically saved as .jpeg then?

EDIT: saw the screeny topic, its a bitmap i see.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Deltaflyer wrote:Are screenies automatically saved as .jpeg then?
No, they're automatically saved by BSF as .bmps, which are a lossless format and also STUPIDLY HUGE for image files. Uploading said bmps onto most places like imageshack often automatically converts them to jpg format, usually very poorly.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:
Deltaflyer wrote:Are screenies automatically saved as .jpeg then?
No, they're automatically saved by BSF as .bmps, which are a lossless format and also STUPIDLY HUGE for image files. Uploading said bmps onto most places like imageshack often automatically converts them to jpg format, usually very poorly.
MSPaint also saves jpegs poorly, but it saves pngs very well. I recommend Irfanview for screenshot conversion. Easy to crop and save as new format. :)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Ingens Remus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ingens Remus »

I just want to say, for posterity, that I think that this ship is cool, and the gatling gun-like things (pulse guns?) are neat.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Arcalane wrote:MSPaint also saves jpegs poorly, but it saves pngs very well. I recommend Irfanview for screenshot conversion. Easy to crop and save as new format. :)
Irfanview +1

Ship: Tone down the colors . . . and the rear wings look spindly.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]