A new begining, now focussing on Old republic ships.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

maarten
BANNED

A new begining, now focussing on Old republic ships.

Post by maarten »

Well this is my first post and I will start posting Screens of all my ships.(well the best looking ones)

EDIT: from now on all my ships will be in this post and the others that turned out well will be on this page aswell.

The new capital ship of my fleet,
The Inexpugnable, tactical command cruiser. From the old republic(yes a Star Wars fanship.)
Armed with 2 heavy turbolaser, some some smaller laser guns, grav-beams, heavy shields and 40 dementers(original had 144 fighters so shut up!) this is a ship up to the job
Nasty, heavy and very suicidal that is the Robot ramship.
The Merciless as seen on other pages
A good ship I mad but never finished(due to bad comments.)
The Sentinel-class frigate
Seen on other pages, The heavy broadside-frigate; Heavenssword.
The sniper ship.
Range has now been fixed, so is the damage. But overall a great ship.

Sorry for the huge amount of pictures but I prefer the over thumbnales.
Last edited by maarten on Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Perhaps you should have asked how to upload pictures first...

No matter.
In order to upload pictures you will first need a site that will host your pictures. www.photobucket.com just happens to be one of those sites and whats more, its reliable.
Then you take the link that they provide you with when you have uploaded your picture and copy it into your post.
After doing so you put img tags around said picture link and then they should appear.
Do note that the accepted picture file format here is .png, use anything else and people will slam you with various complaints about picture quality etc etc...

That should cover it.

Enjoy your stay.

ED: In addition, this guide should help you if my own directions prove 'difficult' to follow >_>
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

sorry stupid posts never mind them, ships on bottem of page.
(finally)
time for a break now 8)
Last edited by maarten on Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

link to the image not the page.
Failing that switch to photobucket for your picture uploading needs.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

here they are (for real this time)
The gunboat
A old style of ship with guns on the side to profide huge amounts of damage from close range.

The spear
A rather pointy ship with lots of firepower on a small ship.

The heavy cruisers
Bottem one is standard version with a rather simple design and good power and defence.
Top one is the alien version, half infected by alien powers this ship lost some hulp parts but got huge wing like extensions with beam cannons.

The super light destroyer
my first attempt at real colloring and modified stats.
worked out great with a high power and speedy ship. Only drawback is the lack of defence.
Weaponary: modified gatling laser(500 rounds, 10 reload)[/img]
maarten
BANNED

Some questions...

Post by maarten »

I was wondering how to link boosters and aegisdeflectors to parts.
Anybody got some help :?: :?:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Not bad for a starter.

The Gunboat has some mirroring issues, it's centerline is a bit borked up. Some of the ships have a little too much weapons, but they're not eyesoringly cluttered. Good job on the asymetrical heavy cruiser.

Welcome to the forums.

EDIT; select the aegis or booster, hover your mouse over the part you want to affect, and press "t".

EDIT2; Please refrain from double posting and use the edit button. Thank you.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
maarten
BANNED

dubble post was edited

Post by maarten »

title says it I made a mistake in the first post and couldn't delete it so I am sorry for that. Won't happen again.

P.S. thanks for the info really helped out :D :D
maarten
BANNED

New ship: The sniper class destroyer

Post by maarten »

The sniper
Great ship for long distance combat. Armed with an extremly long range "sniper"railgun, and a grenade launcher for short rang combat.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Quit nice. One minor nitpick. Lucky nine range? Nuh-uh, bad idea. Just slapping huge numbers on anything is quite dissaproved of. Goes against shipbuilding ethics and such. My suggestion is that you give the ship an AI range of about...3000? 4000? And then the weapon's range about 3500 or 4500. Just to keep it's functunality and make it less wank, because this could destroy a ship a million times more powerful than it simply because of he range.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

ArcaneDude wrote:This could destroy a ship a million times more powerful than it simply because of he range.
Though I understand the point you are making, this is not necessarily true. If I give a blaster standard stats except for lucky-9 range, it would have a decidedly difficult time killing a (insert name of your flagship here).
Superior range is good until the enemy gets within their range. At this point it is useless. If you and I are 20 feet apart, I don't care that your sniper rifle has a range of 3 miles, my M16 can shoot the 20 feet.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Ingens Remus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ingens Remus »

I like your boldness in that you are starting with asymmetrical ships, and they don't look like crap.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

The sniper looks cool.
It's simple, and yet it it looks good.

Welcome to the forums.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I actually prefer your gunboat the most. Its section usage could use an overhaul and you would need to add alot of detail to it but its nice. The asymmetrical ships are good; the color and alien style just isn't my thing.
maarten
BANNED

Thanks people

Post by maarten »

First about the sniper:
It was designed to shoot over the entire map. But when you get close it is help less. I used one agains a capital ship of someone else which is HUGE.
Altough it was slow it destroyed the sniper with ease. But great advise anyways.

Now for the gunboat:
It was just a idea I had and It came out pretty cool so I just posted the Prototype. (bet the next version looks one hell of a lot differant!)

And the over gunned ships is some old stuff made ages ago.
Although the Alien heavy cruiser was meant to look that way.

P.S. Battleship under construction.(might even become my capital ship.)