First ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MaddnessMk2
Ensign
Ensign

First ships

Post by MaddnessMk2 »

Hello, these aren't the first ships that i have built, simply the first ships that i am uploading to this forum.

Slimelight
OK i made this ship after looking around the forum a bit. I went for a bit of a minimalist style ship, using customs weapons as opposed to stock. All parts are standard size, it feels wrong to resize standard shapes...they always seem wrong and somewhat out of place.

Bird Of Prey
This second ship is more to my original style using stock weapons, some might view it as cluttered although (and in some respect it is) however the advantage to this is that even if the various sections get destroyed it still maintains its weaponry and defences

*EDIT*
Replaced the stock weapons with custom weapons as suggested, minor changes to placement of sections

**EDIT2**
OK have decided to leave bird of prey as it is in my opinion it's worth it as a reminder to myself of "try to stay away from this style of ship". I shall keep on looking around the forum for good examples of ship design and i'll work on some more ships in the style of Slimelight i'm glad it got such good reception as well :)

Thank you everyone

Comments and criticisms very welcome i'm currently developing a back story to a fleet of ships i wish to make sometime in the future and perhaps develop that into a full storyline complete with encounters for people to enjoy. ( I'm a long way off currently these are only ideas at the moment) In the mean time i thought i'd get peoples opinions on the designs of some of my older ships :)
Last edited by MaddnessMk2 on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Those souls, who suffer their rightenous, will know their eternal inheritance."
[img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/MaddnessMk2/MaddnessMk2Vamp5.jpg[/img]
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Slimelight is a pretty nice starter ship, and that's all I can say about it :p

However your weapon spam on Bird of Prey is overspammy that I can't see what the ship looks like.

Note: weapon spam is frowned on in this forum.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Kill the second ship. It has FAR too many weapons, the parent ing is crap, the shape is displeasing, Just kill it, please?

Welcome to wyrdsym forums.

Try to edit your weapons to be more effective, If you were going to have 20 blasters, make one blaster and edit it to have more power.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Slimelight: I like. Frame that one and put it on your wall.
Bird of preWHOA SPAM! That is an unholy block of weapons. Kill them with fire and replace with modded guns.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

The horrendous right angles caused by the convergences of sections 24 and 26 on the wings of the modified Bird of Prey has to be scrapped. Never, ever, attempt to use section 26 with a generous portion of exposure. The right angle makes the issue even worse, in my opinion. Of course, it's also only opinion that I feel you should patch up the nose on that same ship. That's my two cents' worth.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Ease up on the weapons, fix the parenting and let us have a look again for the second ship. The hull might still be salvageable.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Slimelight: I like. Frame that one and put it on your wall
It has a weird first impression I can't get over.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
MaddnessMk2
Ensign
Ensign

New Ship C1 Assassin

Post by MaddnessMk2 »

C1 Assassin

The C1 Assassin, A fast ship with a powerful beam laser designed for hit and run tactics, it also has 2 gattling cannons although their short range makes them more of a backup weapon to be used if anything gets too close.
"Those souls, who suffer their rightenous, will know their eternal inheritance."
[img]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/MaddnessMk2/MaddnessMk2Vamp5.jpg[/img]
unforgivensoul
TEMP-BANNED
Location: moon station, also called collony arch (shhhht! it is a secret!)

Post by unforgivensoul »

i like the first ship :D
it is like a god fighter. in real, it would be good if the speed firts it. a group of 6 of these could be kinda.... :twisted: painfull :evil:
the ultimate weapon?
take a kamikaze nuclear truck, put them in a ship, (nuclear kamikaze ship filled with mines); send it in the enemy lines and watch the firework >=p
removed the booooooooom! cuz it was too big
/\/\
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

The Assassin seems like a fairly good solid ship to me. The first two ships are not bad either. Bird of Prey has quite a mix of section styles, you could work on the placement to make it a little less cluttered. Also, your core is a little exposed, unless those circular section 13s are armoured.

Anyway, good work and keep it up.
Ingens Remus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ingens Remus »

I agree, the Bird of Prey doesn't look very good. The Slimelight and the Assassin look very nice, however. Also, when you make larger ships, make aegis'd 'engines', they look very nice, and if you really want, you can hide thrusters nearby.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

Aegis nothing! Try the Ship Maker mod and DooNoise those suckas!
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
Dessel_Ordo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Dessel_Ordo »

I would suggest using the custom color option to add some shading/depth... it really helped with my ships...

nice work on the 1st and 3rd so far tho :D
Peace is a lie, there is only passion
through passion I gain strength
through strength I gain power
through power I gain victory
through victory, my chains are broken.