Bad Boy's New Ships: Now With Two SWA Style Fleets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thanks LS, I'll get on all of that... sometime. I'll try to update it sometime this week.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Well it's been a while (five months) since I've last posted ships. These aren't the only ships I've built since then, but most of the others are for an encounter (that can't go anywhere until encounter maker is updated) so I won't post them yet.
Note that I will probably not change anything on 'Free of Use', 'A Mech ship', or 'For Posterity'.
Anyway, C&C welcome.

My first and only real mech ship (ie, made entirely of mech sections) that I've actually finished. Essentially I was dicking around with mech sections and eventually made this. I quite like it.

Just something thrown together to test and fix the colour scheme (used in BP ship). It's only in here for posterity.

Just an experiment, I decided to make a ship out of sections I seldom use. It ended up surprisingly good all things considered, and has me using a few more sections then I did before.

This is the ship I was planning to submit for the BP, I really liked it at the time, and still like parts of it, but a lot of it seems kind of off to me (particularly the front). I plan to finish it sometime, giving it a even bigger main gun, which comes out when the wings go in, and possibly changing the front a bit. The first picture is an old one to show the original front, and the last three show guns out, shooting effects, and wings in.

This ship was originally me trying to build a fully assymetrical ship, then I realised it looked good symmetrical, and was easier to make. It ended up quite excellent in my opinion, and I really like it. It also has useless animations and triggers that I'll probably use for fluff. It's actually part of a fleet in the encounter (mentioned in my new post), and is the most powerful ship of the fleet it's in. I put it here because I like it, and as a teaser (sort of) for the encounter.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yay triple post... Would have been avoided with comments, but the forums are generally pretty dead (ie full of people doing the same thing I'm doing, lurking), so what'll you do.
Anyway, this bump is for a new ship, cobbled together fairly quickly using Kaelis' SA sprites. They are really are amazing, in every way (ie look, ease of use, awesomeness, etc.).
I also added a few old ships that I never posted here, and changed all of the zoomed in papal fleet pics to default zoom.
As always, C&C is welcome.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

It would probably be beneficial at this point to post the pictures in your updates rather than in the first post, as the first post is of little relevance now, and it's simply faster to see.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Fair enough, I'll do one better. As of now, all the obsolete ships are in my other thread, which can be found in my sig, or here, and the new(er) ships are in the first post.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Three new Shipwright Arms Style ships (one of them is remade), the Ashkandanadoranan, the Gungnir, and the Fafnir. I'll probably be starting a fleet in the style of the last two (assuming my interest doesn't wane).
C&C is most welcome.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Two things:

1) Triple posting when there's only a day between one post and the next? Don't fucking do that. Just don't. And stop posting shit in the first post. It's ugly and nasty and leads to worthless clutter. Making a separate post for each ship makes a whole lot more sense, and then you can link to each seperate ship from the first post. I won't force you to start doing that, but I can tell you that alone will get you more comments.

2) Your SW-styled ships are downright horrific. I'm not even kidding, they're nasty as hell. I mean, the Fafnir is the best of the lot, and it's still horrible. The colour schemes on the others alone just make me think of vomit.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Anna wrote:Triple posting when there's only a day between one post and the next? Don't fucking do that. Just don't.
Fair enough, sorry about that, I'll try to avoid it in future.

Anna wrote:Your SW-styled ships are downright horrific. I'm not even kidding, they're nasty as hell. I mean, the Fafnir is the best of the lot, and it's still horrible. The colour schemes on the others alone just make me think of vomit.
You're gonna have to be more specific.
I agree that the colour scheme for the first one is pretty awful, I tried dredging up an old scheme that worked fairly well before, but I used it terribly there. Personally I like the teal and gold colour scheme (although the dark grey stands out a bit much), but maybe that's just me.
Other then that, you're telling me my ships are bad, but not really explaining how (I assume it's mainly section usage and clutter). It's been a while since I've really sat down and made ships (metagame notwithstanding, and those few were over a long period of time), and these were pretty much my first mech section ships, so I'm most certainly rusty; some tips would be appreciated.
Anna wrote:And stop posting shit in the first post. It's ugly and nasty and leads to worthless clutter. Making a separate post for each ship makes a whole lot more sense, and then you can link to each seperate ship from the first post. I won't force you to start doing that, but I can tell you that alone will get you more comments.
Fair enough, I'll move all the none SWA ships to their update posts.

On another note, a new ship and a new station, all in the same fleet. C&C welcome.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Two new ships, not the quickest update, but I've not been shipmaking much.
These ships are for the Neo-Terran Armada, another fleet. When/if I finish all three or four fleets, I might make encounters (but probably not).
Also, quickly (in about 10 mins) changed Shipwright Arms Style Ship (the one that made Anna think about vomit). I made it's colour scheme a bit better, and added winglets.

Comments and criticism most welcome.