Return of the Imperial Domain of Elysia

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Return of the Imperial Domain of Elysia

Post by Master Chief »

I think the screenshot speaks for itself.

Unidentified IDE Task Force consisting of one Reminiscence-class destroyer, two Defiance-class frigates and five Guile-class corvettes on patrol near the IDE border, Sanctuary-class civilian installation can be seen in orbit in the background
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Yup. The picture certainly speaks for itself.

Wait. Wait. It's telling me something right now...

"Help. Help. MC couldn't make an interesting ship to save his life. We're so terribly, horrendously bland. Save us."

Hm.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Aaactually. I like them. They're not exactly innovative, but relatively standard quality. Good job on the colorscheme, although the weapons seem a bit large for ships this size. The station, on the other hand...let me put this in a friendly manner. It sucks. Uninteresting and the massive circle sectors just scream "CLUTTER". They're too detailed for such a small station. What were you thinking? :|
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

ArcaneDude wrote:Aaactually. I like them. They're not exactly innovative, but relatively standard quality.
My ass they are. This is not standard work, especially not for CE. This is bland, bricky and completely lacking in any defining or interesting characteristics.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Hmm. Personally I don't think the station was given much thought, I kinda rushed through its construction. But for the ships, I'm not quite sure: I want to stick to the penisbricky style of shipbuilding until I can develop something else relatively decent. So in the meanwhile, I shall play about more with SMCE, and perhaps, if I'm lucky enough the IDE might just get the elegant curvy neat look which I originally desired it to have, something just Covenantish. Aaaaaand I would like more comments/criticisms/suggestions. For poor little MC's sake. :(

Alright. Another revamp it is then. Or Anna might get another chewtoy after all.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

ArcaneDude wrote:Aaactually. I like them.
We have long ago determined that you possess little in the way of taste, AD. :P
ArcaneDude wrote:They're not exactly innovative, but relatively standard quality. Good job on the colorscheme, although the weapons seem a bit large for ships this size. The station, on the other hand...let me put this in a friendly manner. It sucks. Uninteresting and the massive circle sectors just scream "CLUTTER". They're too detailed for such a small station. What were you thinking? :|
For christ's sake, the station is overdetailed for it's size? Listen to yourself and look at his other ships! :?

~~

IMO the ships are way too small and rely too heavily on just particle rifles and flash bolters. Mix things up a bit! You have a vast selection of weapons at your disposal after all. :)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Anna wrote:
ArcaneDude wrote:Aaactually. I like them. They're not exactly innovative, but relatively standard quality.
My ass they are. This is not standard work, especially not for CE. This is bland, bricky and completely lacking in any defining or interesting characteristics.
Agreed. Its a waste of new sections. These could be made with stock.
Kanosint
Commander
Commander

Post by Kanosint »

They're awfully bland... I already forgot how they look, except the tiny ones, they look like the nuisance drones in Phantasy Star Online... Canane I think those were called... (isn't kidding, BTW)
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

The gun use and placement really bothers me. Rather cluttered.
Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

It kind of looks like you ripped off Darkship's color scheme and applied it to some fairly blocky over cluttered ships. No offense man, but this isn't really very good.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

I know, I know, this entire thing is headed for yet another revamp even as I type this out now. I'm currently experimenting with different styles of shipbuilding so as to attempt to produce something decent and worthy of CE standards.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I don't think the ships are that bad actually. What they are though is stock. Their very much like stock ships and would make a good stock fleet.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

I happen to like them... for reasons pretty much akin to Lizzie's and probably why most people don't like them.