reply to new apals flying saucer and startrek clone

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

apals
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

reply to new apals flying saucer and startrek clone

Post by apals »

what can i say, i am so overwhelmed by the emotions and word of encouragement,

by the way not bad for am aged old man

these are my first attempts, please bear with the design principles

but since i am associated with realtime space projects, i can tell you folks this business we build really ugly looking but perfectly working models, afterall there is no one to be critical about design in space, not yet atleast.

by the way i have improved the startrekclone to startrek fighter, i hope yo will appreciate it. i will post it soon.

this is a spaceship repair center, you may add to your fleet at battletime,

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... center.shp

ps. how do you add an image to this post

i maybe a bit late to reply my post, due to my overloadded, underpaid dvision 8)
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

You can add pictures to your posts by signing up with a image host,such as photo bucket or image shack,then uploading your images there,they will give you a address to the picture for use in forums.

Once you have the address copy paste it into your post and add [img] tags to either side.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

ps. how do you add an image to this post
Here's one with more detail, just to cover the options.

Well, the normal way is to take a screenshot using f9 or prnt-scrn. If you do prnt-scrn, you'll need to paste it into Paint, Gimp, or whatever image software you use and save it. By the way, .png images are good, since .jpg's often have artifacts. F9 just dumps a bitmap into your BSF folder. A useful option is alt-prnt-scrn, which will take a screenshot of whatever window you have open. Once you have your image, upload it to an image hosting site, such as photobucket, imageshack, or one of the others. After you've uploaded your image, there should be a list of URLs, one of which is for embedding it into forums. It should look something like this:

Code: Select all

[IMG]http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp283/notNotMrT/Sig9.png[/IMG]
Now copy that, and just paste it into your post, and you should have an embedded image. :D
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Crazykenny
Captain
Captain

Post by Crazykenny »

I'll give my judgement as soon as I see some pictures. :)
[img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q168/thedrofevil/BOS4copy.png[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Uhm. A reply is usually made in the same thread. A thread is a discussion, not a single post with the subject, and then endless commentary without any replies from the thread author. I advise that you repost what posted up there in your old thread.

EDIT;
by the way not bad for am aged old man
I'm wondering, is it age that's holding you back from proper grammer usage?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

ArcaneDude wrote:Uhm. A reply is usually made in the same thread. A thread is a discussion, not a single post with the subject, and then endless commentary without any replies from the thread author. I advise that you repost what posted up there in your old thread.
not when it is closed..... :roll:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Sorry, didn't see that.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

ArcaneDude wrote:Sorry, didn't see that.
Had a loss of memory there, eh? :lol:
Oh well, it happens.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Re: reply to new apals flying saucer and startrek clone

Post by Magick »

apals wrote:*snip*
Apal, generally it isn't a good idea to re-make a thread that has been locked, even if it is relevant to the last thread. Just PM a mod and ask them to unlock your old thread.*

Lern2Forum*

*of course, i could be wrong.
apals
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

comment oh repair ship

Post by apals »

sorry for the smelling mistake,

it is a very bumpy mid-air, it seems the pilot had a fight with his wife or womething

by the way, how is the ship, anyone included with fleet

thanks for the img tip
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

sorry for the smelling mistake,

it is a very bumpy mid-air, it seems the pilot had a fight with his wife or womething

by the way, how is the ship, anyone included with fleet

thanks for the img tip

Just gonna point out that they don't allow items that send or receive internet or phone signals to be active while on a plane. It interferes with the cockpit instruments. So either you're lying or you're on your way to a flaming crash. Also pilots aren't allowed to let non-crew members into the cabin so...the holes continue adding up
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: reply to new apals flying saucer and startrek clone

Post by Arcalane »

apals wrote:but since i am associated with realtime space projects, i can tell you folks this business we build really ugly looking but perfectly working models, afterall there is no one to be critical about design in space, not yet atleast.
There's a difference between building something that's ugly yet functional, and something that's so ugly and poorly designed that it looks like it could barely handle the stresses of daily life. :?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
apals
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

sorry !

Post by apals »

i 'm sorry, if it every hurt anyone's feelings

by the way, any ship design tips?

regards
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

I can honestly say that you didn't hurt anyone's feelings...
ship building advice wise... look through the old (and new) ships of the better ship makers here to see what looks good. (Anna, Arca, LGT, dude where's my Arcane, Lizzie, etc.)

read the links in this thread: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2892

and just generally look around more. also (although you should DEFINITELY not post these on the forum) trying to remake other people's good ships from a picture is often a good help making ships. It lets you get an idea of interior work, as well as just general placement of sections, and making that ship yourself gives you a much better idea of what they did, and how you can apply these same ideas, than just looking at it would.

also, lurk for a bit more before posting ships? kkthnxbai :D