Revenant Class

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Revenant Class

Post by Flether »

Hi, just discovered this game, and after some forum surfing I decided to make some of my own ships.

I present to you the Revenant MKI:

It's the middle ship, designed to be a tough broadside missile boat. I've played around a little with the settings of the missiles so it launches 4 before reloading, and given it very tough (but not invulnerable) side armor.
I plan to add some kind on non-missile weaponry to it, but haven't been able to think of anything interesting/usefull in the case of a missile boat. The thrusters are backwards because the editor refuses to let me turn them, working on that.

And on that subject, how do I change the color of say a beamers beam? Tried to find any info and failed. Thanks for any feedback/help!
Last edited by Flether on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

Whoops. Nevermind that ship for the moment, I just discovered that I have duplicates of everything on the ship. I think I'll learn how to make a proper ship before I go uploading something again =P

*EDIT*
Found my noobishness, and it's fixed, adding link, and MKII is on it's way. Enjoy.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... nt_MKI.rar
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

the ship itself is somewhat simple, and that's fine. just a note on the use of aegis: it doesn't look good on small ships. instead of aegis, try just modifying the health of the section, add point defense, or try ablative armor.
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

looks like a good stock ship, probably stock balanced, too. but... it's got too much agies. to make it better, either hide section 25s under the section 17, and aegis those instead of the 17, or stick the rockets so that they stick out of the aegis.

just listen to the pros and 'vets and you'll do fine.
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

This is the Revenant MKII cruiser and Revenant MKIV carrier, which have been adjusted with the advice given here. (Thanks by the way!)
(MKII top, MKIV bottom)

I know the railguns on the center of the MKII are uneven sizes, that happened somehow when I was editing them, but I went along with it and scaled the damage after size =P

Here's the files if anyone wants to play around with them, and if you do something neat with it, please show!
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... t_MKII.rar
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... t_MKIV.rar

*EDIT*
Remade the MKI as well, added ablative armor and removed the agies, added a couple of 25 as well.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

alright, that last ship is what we veteran ship builders here call "bad parenting"

do you see those white lines that extend from one section to another. those should connect adjacent sections. as you have it now, when the right wing is destroyed, the missiles on the left wing go by-by. this can be fixed by selecting the section you want to re-parent, right clicking the section you want to be its new parent, and either pressing P on your keyboard, or the corresponding command in the menu.
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

Okay, so this:

should be better. That explains what the white lines are, and why the ship had a tendency to look odd. Now I get to do that same thing with the MKII and MKIV. Thanks for the catch.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:alright, that last ship is what we veteran ship builders here call "bad parenting"
You're anything but a veteran ship builder. Shut the hell up.

Anyway Flether, could you possibly put anything over that spine of the ship? It looks ugly.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

much better. I would see about maybe putting an engine or something on the back of the ship. that 16 just sticking out of the back isn't very good looking.
You're anything but a veteran ship builder. Shut the hell up.
you first
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:alright, that last ship is what we veteran ship builders here call "bad parenting"
Excellent hull design, and you did a great job of fixing the parenting. Everyone has trouble with the first ship, until they get used to how to build in a fashion that doesn't screw up the parenting.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

that really isn't the point. everything I said was legitimate advice, and I don't give a shit weather or not Lizzie, or you, liked my wording. I'm experienced enough to give the parenting lecture.

EDIT: let me rephrase that. enough OT. If you actually care, be looking for more decent ships soon.
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:
that really isn't the point. everything I said was legitimate advice, and I don't give a shit weather or not Lizzie, or you, liked my wording. I'm experienced enough to give the parenting lecture.
Giving legitimate advice =/= veteran ship builder. Nevermind the fact you've only produced one half decent ship at best. So your experience is worth little.

Oh yes, and that one ship is still a WIP.
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

*waits for someone to say he went overboard and it looks all cluttered*
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

I'd try putting the 21's on the bottom (bottom layer), and try a different color scheme that works better.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Flether wrote:Image

*waits for someone to say he went overboard and it looks all cluttered*

It does not. It looks fairly decent to me.

The weapons however do look somewhat cluttered, and haphazardly placed.

Furthermore, look into using some other colors. I personally can't stand the stock red and green colors.