Revenant Class

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

Changed color, placement of weapons, and level of pieces.

And while my MKI might appriciate all the attention, any feedback on the looks of the MKII and MKIV?
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

And while my MKI might appriciate all the attention, any feedback on the looks of the MKII and MKIV?
really, they all look very similar, and for the most part, have the same problems. the design is just a little bit boring. I'd say you have the basics down, so now you need to play around in shipmaker for a while, and come up with some more interesting shapes and effects for your ships.
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

You have potential, and if you spend a bit more time on your ships, you may go somewhere. This is good for first trys, and if you look around these forums, you will see super ultra mega death ships of DOOM, and other stuff.

Go for the other stuff.

Note: This is my own personal opinion. Do not take it as a fact. Fighters are awesome.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:alright, that last ship is what we veteran ship builders here call "bad parenting"
Wait. We veteran shipbuilders?

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAH

Get out.

Flether; not bad for a first try. I'd put the missiles farther inwards, though. They'll be easily destroyed, dangling there like that.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

Also, shrinking the weapons may make the ship look better. Use the Q/A keys for that.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

In case you haven't noticed it or haven't read it yet, pressing F1 will give you a handy command list, including the shrinking of weapons as BC said... I don't dislike it, the later versions where you filled in the back and added engines are much better. I like what you did with the nose, but try to avoid using really dark colors, at least on the outer sections, unless your filling in an outlined area. Good job on listening to the advice and improving fairly quickly.
Nahki
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nahki »

the missiles looks bad for me if they hanging out of the main hull but the front of the ship... its awesome
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

ArcaneDude wrote: Flether; not bad for a first try. I'd put the missiles farther inwards, though. They'll be easily destroyed, dangling there like that.
Lol @ arcane getting annoying by dangling weapons again! XD

Also, huuuuge improvement. I may not be a 'veteran' ship builder, but I know improvement when I see it, and that ship has most definitely improved since the first iteration. The only thing I see is the odd parenting error. Parenting is definitely the first thing you should check for once you finish a ship, as bad parenting can ruin any ship, no matter how nice it looks.
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

Okay, I now went on a pretty extensive remodeling of the MKI, including a little playing with sizing of weapons.

The long thing in the middle is three railguns stacked, making a so-called TAP, or Tactical Armor-Piercer (give me a break, it's 12:25 in the morning, better name pending).

*EDIT*
Is there any way to conveniently make it so that the different missile launchers ripple, instead of firing at the same time?
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... EMODEL.rar
Warrior of Anarchy
Commander
Commander

Post by Warrior of Anarchy »

are those guns mods. If they are then there are to many guns for a ship that size( personal Opinion)
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Your ship inspired me, hope you don't mind...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y201/J ... lether.png

*edit*
Flether wrote: Is there any way to conveniently make it so that the different missile launchers ripple, instead of firing at the same time?
I think I get what you asking...like there an individual gunner controlling each one...There are two main ways I use...

If you've got a long broadside ship, make all your missles identical but reduce their firing arc to like 10 or 15...Assuming your not shooting at something tiny, each launcher should register either a different part of the enemy ship, or register it at a different time as it passes through their arc. This worked very well on my broadside dreadnought and battlestar...

The other way is to slightly offset the fire rate, by like five or ten, so every other, or every third launcher fires at the same time.

I'm sure theres other ways but too out of it to think of them.
Last edited by jwa8402 on Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Flether wrote:*EDIT*
Is there any way to conveniently make it so that the different missile launchers ripple, instead of firing at the same time?
What do you mean by ripple? Like having them fire in sequence?
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

Warrior of Anarchy; Yes, the guns are modded, but for higher damage w/ LONG reload. Yes, the TAPs have high damage, and the missile batteries fire 60 missiles in about 5 seconds, but the TAP has a reload of around 20 seconds (!), and I'm going to reduce the missile damage and increase the reload from 10 seconds to 15 seconds.
The whole Revenant series is built around smaller, hard hitting ships, even if that means a long reload, or a weak hull (in the case of the MKIII and MKIV, both of which lack both deflectors and the ablative armor the MKI and MKII carry).

jwa8402; I don't mind at all, infact I'm honored, as that ship is just plain cool ^^
No, I mean that the missile launchers fire one by one. So that if we have 5 launchers in a row, the front one fires, followed shortly by the one after, and so on. I think that should work with changing the reload, but last I tried that on a railgun-wall ship, that ended up a little off and looked just weird instead of cool.
But cool idea for the broadside.

Ixranin; Yeah, that's what I mean. Somehow the missiles got rippled when I was weapon testing, and it just looked plain EVIL with 60 missiles flying at the enemy that way, wish I had screenshot it =P

And to give a short version incase you're too lazy to read everything I wrote above:
Modded weapons with high damage, long range, LONG reload. I want my missiles to fire in sequence, which I've failed on getting to work previously. And jwa8402's ship was cool.
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

give each one a slightly bigger range than the other ones like the back one having a range of 5 and the one infront of it 6 and so on

(Same launchers not a different row)
and if you want em to fire like this .1 .2 .3 then change the reload times
aswell i dunno how though butt .3 .2 .1 that should work
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
Flether
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Flether »

MKV is in production! A little unsure where to take the design from here, as well as what to stick on it... Give me your thoughts!