My first ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Caesius
Commander
Commander

Post by Caesius »

TormakSaber wrote:
Before we make any real judgments on your potential you should probably go for something fairly large (for a newbie ship anyway); at least 100 pieces.
Grmbl, people can make ships just fine without needing to make 100, 200, 300, 1000 piece big ships. A creator can be a good creator making only stock size stuff.
Yes, but it doesn't hurt to try. If he finds it too difficult then he can continue to make stock-sized ships until he feels ready to make large ships. It'll also give us some perspective on his strengths and weaknesses.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/corporal_esche/sigs/caesius-bsf.png[/img]
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Caesius wrote:Yes, but it doesn't hurt to try. It'll also give us some perspective on his strengths and weaknesses.
Fffffffffffffffff.

You've got it exactly backwards; smaller ship design is probably the best way for newer builders to develop good technique and styles, whereas focusing on big ship making too early can easily stunt one's talent. (See: Kira)
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

Caesius wrote:To be honest I don't particularly like the shielding. To me it looks like a rollcage or a wire handle, which is made worse by the dotted lines.

Before we make any real judgments on your potential you should probably go for something fairly large (for a newbie ship anyway); at least 100 pieces.
I hope you know that those are "sectiondads" and are animated. I just happened to take the screenshot when they were like that. A non-moving picture doesn't do this ship justice.