Atlantis Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Hiant
Commander
Commander

Atlantis Fleet

Post by Hiant »

It's been ages sience i posted any ships.. (yea i've been still making some) So now i decided to post my Atlantis Fleet. So, let's start.

Logo:

BackStory:
Once upon a time, the umans discovered a device that looked like a ring. It had symbols on the inside ring. They brought it to an underground Center, and they asked Daniel Jackson to look at it. He discovered that the Symbols were Starsigns, and the stargate was found buried. On the stone where it was buried, was written a word "Stargate" and that's how it all began. (Watch Stargate and Stargate: SG1 episodes to advance thrugh this story)

As they know, that a Stargate wormhole works when an adress is filled with the symbols, a stable wormhole will open. The normal adresses they knew were only 7 Symbol adresses, but they found an Adress with 8 SYmbols. (Watch Stargate: Atlantis for that story)

After several years after the humans came to the Atlantis Center, they found outside a big sargate, but they didn't find any DHD. So they used their own crystal DHD parts, and made a new one with the other Stargates symbols. That Stargate was made in Space, and was larger than a normal Stargate. I think it was used to transport bigger ships.

So the humans planned on designing battleships to defeat the Wraith. And thats how everything begun.

Ships:

Frigates:

Conared:
Description: Conared is was used to go with many of its type, but mostly used to investigate something.

Klungem:
Description: Used to destroy rocks and meteors, but still can destroy ships.

Ventagon:
Description: Firstly it was used to go through the small Stargate to investigate and transport, but still has fighting skills.

Heseme:
Description: The Heseme's core is a part of the old ship called Cornus. In other way, it's a great ship on it's own. The foward Armor is a special strategy to defend the core, and the back turrets makes the rest.

Destroyers:

Zeferene:
Description: It's history is kinda strange, cause it was found in the middle of space. It didn't have so much new technologies, but still it was good armed. It seems that the humans are not alone in the sector.

Lacta:
Description: The Lacta was designed after they found Zeferene, and they used it's beam-tech for this ship.
Note: I'm not very happy about this ship, so i might chane the full design of this one if people will say so.

Cruisers:

Infusion:
Description: Infusion was an an incredible ship, because they researched a new beam Tech.

Atnosya:
Description: The Atnosya is one of the legendary Peace Fighters. Its perfectly armed and keeps it's balance. (Each country of the Atlantis has it's own peace fighter and they are a team that fights against evil.)
Note: This one is my favorite. I don't know, but i like it on most.

Battleships:
~~In Progress~~

Dreadnoughts:

Falcon:
Description: Falcon was a primary mothership to destroy other battleships and some dreadnoughts. It has 4 great beams to use.

Other:

Stargate: In Progress.
Description: The Stargate.

-----------------------------------
Anyway, feedback please.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Very nice.

I love the Klungem and Atnosya.

Stargate looks great, not sure about those supre stretched pieces...
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

The Stargate looks like an 8-Bit sprite, it's overstretched all to hell. The curvature is pretty sweet, though.

The rest of the fleet looks pretty nice, if a little lightly built in some cases.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

The Falcon looks a bit too slim for a dreadnought IMO.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's a Stargate ripoff.

Wow.

:?

Aside from that, the ships are okay.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

I'm guessing its made of overstretched pieces because the only real way to make a perfect circle is to mathematically figure out how much each of piece of a set size should be rotated.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Nope, just make one bunch of sections. Then copy and rotate into position.

Make one quarter, then clone three times for every 90 degrees.

Make one eighth, then clone 7 times for every 45 degrees. Etc.

It can be done, no need to manually construct the entire ring.

For example, the bottom is basically cloned from one group, 11 times for every 30 degrees.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Large Overstretched pieces are NOT the only way to make circles. It only makes it 'easier' as opposed to using normal scaled sections. Of course the trade of with using overstretched pieces is that it makes anything its make with look bad.

The idea of the Stargate is sound, however the execution leaves much to be desired.

While it will definitely take long i suggest building everything without such large and stretched sections.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

It's just i've been using this as background:
http://entertainmentnow.files.wordpress ... -82208.jpg
but still, thanks for the comments etc. Should I skip the stargate?

About Falcon, I'm not very sure in which class is it. Battleship or Dreadnought?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

No, don't skip the stargate, just put a little more work into it. As was said, it can be done fairly easily and will look really good as long as you don't stretch.

What I would do is use several sections to make a chevron, minus the individual symbol. Then add the trim, then clone and angle each clone till, as squishy said, you have a fraction of the whole circle. Make the circle, then use doodads or random sections to add each address and the locks. Just what I would do...Excellent idea to try this, haven't seen a whole stargate before.

The ships though...The larger ships are nice enough but... I don't see them having much to do with human's style of design or even any of the known species... And no offense but your grammar could use some work, and the back story makes it seem like you watched the show but couldn't be bothered to come up with a original story plot within the shows universe, even for the ship's descriptions.

*edit* Random idea, if you use doodads to make both a open lock and one closed over the chevron, but set their animation time different, the whole gate could have the animated effect of locking its address in...Plus a giant aegised doo in the middle. Not sure if it would work but it would look wicked.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

OK, I can try to remake stargate, and when reading the last post, I got a crazy idea to REALLY make a stargate that will lock the address and put the wormhole, well... the inner side opening after lock. And about the grammar, I write fast, and it sometimes skips what I write. So, I'll try to work on the stargate, but I guess it will take much time.

About the ships, they use Alien technology. (Ancient Tech, Asgard Tech, Tok'ra Tech, etc...)

For now, i have much work, so on most I'll be working on Saturday and Sunday.
SpardaSon21
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SpardaSon21 »

I strongly suggest you start with the Daedalus and the puddlejumper.

Mod Edit: User was warned; first post an already a necro? Nice job. - Arc