First time ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

First time ships

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Hello everybody.

This is my very first time posting new ships in the forums. Maybe I got a tad fearful that my ships recieve criticism, but what the heck anyway.

I made a ship themed after the elements of Ice and Water, and plan to do a fleet soon.

Anyway, here's a ship I call the Crystalys:

Here's the new quickie ship called the Shard:

Here's a new ship design called the Seawave:
Updated design. :D

C&C is welcome. :D
Last edited by ianfreddie07 on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

not bad for a first ship, but can you show the ship without the parenting lines? (press P to put them off)
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Hmmm very interesting. The one quip i have about this ship is that the back is very.... Flat.

Extending the back might add a bit to your design.

Also welcome to the forums.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: First time ships

Post by Arcalane »

ianfreddie07 wrote:Maybe I got a tad fearful that my ships recieve criticism, but what the heck anyway.
Criticism is good. It helps you improve. Do not fear it, it is there to help you.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

not bad for a first ship
Thanks! :D
Hmmm very interesting. The one quip i have about this ship is that the back is very.... Flat.

Extending the back might add a bit to your design.

Also welcome to the forums.
So I noticed it is flat. What do you suggest I add?
Criticism is good. It helps you improve. Do not fear it, it is there to help you.
That's one of the first fundamental errors I forgot. Do not fear criticism. Now I get it.

BTW, updated the pics. You will now see a weapons loadout of the Crystalys and a new ship called the Shard.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

What do i suggest?
The use of either section 2 3 or 18, with their tips facing backwards.

That should do the trick, fiddle around with the sizes as well.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Nooby question: How do I resize sections?
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

ianfreddie07 wrote:Nooby question: How do I resize sections?

"K" and "I"

Shift+ "K" and "I"
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

To resize a section, select a section, the press I(+shift to reize on y axis) to enlarge and K(+shift to reize on y axis) to shrink

Also be noted that weapons are also resizable, using Q and A keys while selecting a weapon will resize them (The + shift rules applies to Q and A keys too)

You can look for more hotkey commands via pressing F1.

Anyway, your ships are not bad for a beginner, try building some more and your skills would improve eventually.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

Very much not bad for a beginner.
Now that you know how to stretch parts... Don't stretch them too much. Overstretching causes ugly and ugly causes unhappy critics.

Crystalis is a bit heavy on the weapons but that's only really solved by weapon editing, and it might be a good idea to stick to stock balance for newbie ships.
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Very much not bad for a beginner.
Now that you know how to stretch parts... Don't stretch them too much. Overstretching causes ugly and ugly causes unhappy critics.

Crystalis is a bit heavy on the weapons but that's only really solved by weapon editing, and it might be a good idea to stick to stock balance for newbie ships.
I'll keep that thing about stretching in mind.

Regarding the Crystalys, I knew in the back of my mind that it has a tad too much weapons. Just need to tweak them.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Well, these are good ships. Decent colouring, weaponry seems good... just, the Seawave.

I can't say I like it. It's just something about the general shape, the overly large wings and the small body... maybe whittle the wings down a bit, and flesh the main hull out a little. That should work.

Keep it up, though. You're looking good.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

Your new ship could do with more being added to the front and the back,
Other from that its not that bad.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
ianfreddie07
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by ianfreddie07 »

Well, these are good ships. Decent colouring, weaponry seems good... just, the Seawave.

I can't say I like it. It's just something about the general shape, the overly large wings and the small body... maybe whittle the wings down a bit, and flesh the main hull out a little. That should work.

Keep it up, though. You're looking good.
I was always keen on the Seawave's shape. The goal was to make it look like... well some sort of a wave so it is wide in general. Maybe I could tone down the sections 1 and 2 at the tip, or remove the section 1s at the tip and flip the section 2s. And I'll add something to the front.
Your new ship could do with more being added to the front and the back,
Other from that its not that bad.
I'll try to do it in a way the front doesn't protrude too much. :)
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

I like the colors.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]