A new style i tried! -update 2-Major Update

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MDmakaan
Account Inactive

A new style i tried! -update 2-Major Update

Post by MDmakaan »

Hey guys, after a fight with racists in my town (which resulted in a stab attack which failed, so i got beaten up by fists.), i was messing with this laptop i got in the hospital.
As seraph already thinks "oh brother, Makaan is back" i apologize for ruining the forum with my worthless talks, ships, and polls.

Well, about the ship now,
Its a stripped heavy cruiser for a mega beam, with intense range, damage but low fire rate and a huge amount of energy needed.
With sideway beamers and railguns, with a bunch of shotgun flaks, this ship can still take hits from capitals from the sides.
The sideway beamers near the main gun share the energy of the mega beam, so they have increased range and a decent amount of firepower.
The back totally failed, specially with the colors, but im working on that, just focus on the middle and front

DOWNLOAD
The main cannon is a bit messed up with the doodads (mirror stuff errors right? ill fix that)

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ruiser.shp

So, what do you guys think for a comeback of the worst ship builder ever?

PS : The screenshot is just a ugly JPG
Last edited by MDmakaan on Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

The interior texture that consists of straight pieces clashes with the silhouette of the ship, which consists of angled, varied pieces.

If you can, gradually rotate and mix up the meat of the ship so that the transition from outer edge to inner structure is not so abrupt.

I suggest vying for a inward curve.

The front tip of the ship is fine though. Don't change that yet.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I've got two new style you can try, MDmakaan. I think you'll find them really helpful.

Individually, they are "use proper english, kthx", and "try sucking less at making ships. Srsly, man, that's just not good."

You're not the worst shipbuilder ever, though. And I'm sad to hear about the beating. That kinda sucks, and despite my harsh words, I actually don't wish violence on anyone here. Man, that sucks. :(
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

looking at the ship purely from a weapons standpoint, it's alright, but the aesthetics of the ship itself just aren't there. see about cleaning up the internals and giving the ship more of a sense of depth. more color wouldn't hurt either.
Hey guys, after a fight with racists in my town (which resulted in a stab attack which failed, so i got beaten up by fists.), i was messing with this laptop i got in the hospital.
sorry about that. where do you live to have to deal with that kind of racism? we don't get much of that here in Colorado.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

South Carolina, I bet.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Ninteen45 wrote:South Carolina, I bet.
Heh, try western North Carolina too. That sucks. I do hope that local law enforcement will do it's job properly and round up the bastards.

As stated, the ship is kind of "meh". That about the best I can do to describe it at the moment. The bow gradient doesn't really fit, and a few curvy/spikey(is that a word?) sections, or something of that sort could be used to spiff up the bow a bit. The engines are OK, but the "inner" part of the projecting thruster nacelles could use an extra section or two. As for weapon placement, the railguns could be spaced a few pixels more...
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

I like the nose part of it.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Looks like a Velvet Hammer crossed with one of mine. The engine stalks are too thin, make them thicker, and yes the pieces clash with one another. And I think that the mandibles could be thicker.
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

So, i got this weird headache and i couldnt remember much, but i did notice that i made a new ship wile having the headache.

BMP VERSION
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AZAZAZ2/ ... welder.bmp

I never made such a ship, and for my skills, its godly made, cause i suck.
Download the ship, and watch the engine and the front in-game, it`s more than cool to see for my bad skills.
I call it, the Welder class cruiser.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... ruiser.shp

PS : You guys know a good picture format to use with hosting? cause JPG`s almost removed the dark piece of the ship :(
PNG won't work!
flabort
Captain
Captain

Post by flabort »

maybe the wierd headache is good shipbuilding skills trying to lodge themselves in your head. your getting good, compared to some of the ships on the forum (look back a few hundered years to see what i mean).
Flaming Leaches And Beetles On Rye Toast... my name is an acronym...
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Hmm. Your ships are rather... uh... they're diamonds in the rough. You have a bit of potential, but you just need to refine them.

Your second ship is reasonable. Bit of refinement here and there, it'll look good. The first one though, is a bit meh. Force-feed the front into getting slightly thicker (just a bit, you're looking good as it is), and trim the sides down. A bit more... aerodynamic, how retarded it may sound for a spaceship.

Also, sorry to hear about your beating. I mean, really sorry. As a precaution, you might want to try Falcon Punches next time, but that's just me.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

Here`s some more

Booter class assault destroyer http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AZAZAZ2/ ... booter.bmp

Medium defense platform
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AZAZAZ2/ ... form_m.bmp

Deviner Class Heavy Cruiser
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AZAZAZ2/ ... eviner.bmp

Diamond Class Battleship
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/AZAZAZ2/ ... iamond.bmp

whatever happened in that headache, the racist defragmented my mind as far as i can see :!: oh, and he is already in jail.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

your biggest thing to work on now would be color. also clean up some of the hull designs. some things on them just look out of place. also, I think there are mirroring errors on all of the rail guns in the last picture.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy