The United Coalition of Planets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

The United Coalition of Planets

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Accessing UCOP information data bases...
Access denied: User Identification Necessitated by Lawful Diffusion of Information Act...
User:AB2De-SDHWOAG4oZLL Password: ***********
Access Granted: User Identification Accepted
Initiating SSH-Tunnel Through Secure Network

Requested Data Loaded...
Welcome to the UCOP primary Information Database
Message of the Day: Please excuse the interruption of service on information banks 1-35, they are currently undergoing maintenance.
User: AB2De-SDHWOAG4oZLL, you were last online -5 Days 11 Hours 45 Minutes 23 Seconds Ago (CSMT+1)
You have -19- Unread Messages
Accessing Data...
Information Bank #45
Sector 12F4-24E6
File Loaded...

Historical Records of the United Coalition of Planets and the Formation of the Coalition Rev.5 (WARNING THIS FILE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, VERSION MISMATCH)
Ignoring Message...
The Formation of the United Coalition of Planets:
The formation of the United Coalition of Planets (Here forth referred to as UCOP) was the result of the first contact with none-terran intelligent life forms. In the year -Data corrupted- (Now referred to as Year 0), TFfE-E Outreach made contact with the ship '[;;[#$$%
Translating...
Translated as - GSEF-UoC Tkrakwer

in the first inter-species encounter in known history for both species. At first unable to communicate with each other, Captain Jeremy Peters and Ambassador Tkwwaren were initially hostile to each other. After methods of communication were devised from a collaboration between both species, initially existing xenophobia quickly dissipated, and the initial encounter did not lead to violence as had often been expected, but to an alliance. This alliance later extended into agreements of free trade and mutual sharing of technology, eventually evolving into the UCOP, as both species began to integrated them selves into each other.

Loading Section 2...
Current State of the United Coalition of Planets:
The UCOP currently occupies 2 star systems, and a total of 14 planets, 8 of them Terran and 6 of them Tkraktwen. Each system has 4 shipyards, and several asteroid high intensity beam miners. The total population of the UCOP is approximately 73 billion Terran and Tkraktwen persons.

The UCOP is currently under threat from an unknown alien species. There is currently extremely little information available on these alien species and their weapons capabilities, but it is suspected that they posses superior technology to the UCOP. The identity of this hostile species has not yet been discovered, as the UCOP Fleet have been unable to contact these alien attackers.

As a result of this attack from an alien species, the UCOP has recently begun full production of a military fleet, with several designs already being mass produced. UCOP weapons technology is primarily comprised of nuclear fusion based missiles, rail gun and coil gun based projectile weapons, and multiple chemical based projectile weapons. Defenses include a few high power laser point defenses for battleship sized ships, as well as standard projectile based point defenses. Shielding through the use of magnetic field modification is still being research, but as of yet there has been little progress in the field. All ships rely on fusion based nuclear power reactors, as they are the safest and most potent currently existing power source, and ship hulls are primarily manufactured by tungsten hardened steel.

Loading Ship Schematics...

UCOP-B Ulysses: The primary Terran Battleship currently in service, the Ulysses boasts 2 Capital Ship class nuclear missile launchers, multiple projectile based point defenses, 2 beam based point defenses, many swarm missile launchers, multiple anti-fighter gattling projectile cannons, and a primary rail gun array capable of immense damage.

UCOP-B Kwnartan: The primary Tkraktwen Battleship in service, the Kwnartan is a different type of ship then the Ulysses. Possessing no real primary weapons array, it instead boasts many smaller rail guns. It complements these railguns many microrocket launchers, multiple projectile based point defenses, 2 primary heavy ordinance Battleship class missile launchers, and 2 gattling projectile cannons. This ship's design is a unique blend of Terran and Tkraktwen technologies, leaving to it's peculiar shape.

UCOP-C Nilclon: The primary Terran Cruiser in server currently, the Nilclon is a cruiser with immense power for its size. It boasts many Battleship class weapons making it an extremely formidable opponent to both enemy Battleships and Cruisers. The ship has 4 Anti Fighter gattling projectile launchers, multiple projectile based point defenses, 2 laser based point defenses, 2 high yield missile launchers, 2 high velocity armor piercing rocket launchers, and 8 none-guided torpedo launchers. In simulations it has been shown that 2 UCOP-C Nilclons will defeat 1 UCOP-B Ulysses.

UCOP-M Typhoon: The UCOP-M Typhoon is a highly experimental and expensive mine designed to be deployed in groups of 3 or 4. It employs an experimental gravity well generator to deflect bullets away from it. Once it is close to an enemy ship, it uses high powered nanobots to destroy vital ship systems and to compromise the structural integrity of the enemy ship.

UCOP-F Filson: The UCOP-F Filson is the current main fighter in service with the UCOP Battle Fleets. They attack in swarms, using their maneuverability and long range to inflict devastating damage. It is armed with 4 long range Frigate class missile launchers, and 2 frontal facing projectile based cannons.

Retrieving ship simulation blueprints...
File retrieval failed: 404 File Not Found.
Administrator Notice: The file is currently stored on Information Bank 35, which is undergoing repairs and is offline. The blueprints will be back soon as fast as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Improving quality of life since 1955.
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Re: The United Coalition of Planets

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote: UCOP-B Ulysses:

[...]
That is one hell of a lot of boosters... Are they functional or purely aesthetic? :shock:

Anyways, I like the general aesthetic of your ships; Hard lines and a little blocky, but not lacking in detail.
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote: *snip*

UCOP-B Ulysses: The primary Terran Battleship currently in service, the Ulysses boasts 2 Capital Ship class nuclear missile launchers, multiple projectile based point defenses, 2 beam based point defenses, many swarm missile launchers, multiple anti-fighter gattling projectile cannons, and a primary rail gun array capable of immense damage.

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote: primary rail gun array capable of immense damage.

Lord-General Thunder wrote:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 am Post subject: Re: The United Coalition of Planets
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote:

UCOP-B Ulysses:

[...]

That is one hell of a lot of boosters... Are they functional or purely aesthetic? Shocked

Anyways, I like the general aesthetic of your ships; Hard lines and a little blocky, but not lacking in detail.

I think that's what you're looking at.

On to the ships.

Ulysses: I don't favor the booster spam, but the general shape and weapons/modules loadout(besides the aforementioned booster spam)
is alright. I want to see that railgun in action :)

Kwnartan: I dislike the gibberish name. Everything else if fine in my opinion.

Nilclon: Everything is in check here. The only thing i don't like is how the engine's aegis spreads.

Typhoon: My complaint is that it's extremely plain compared to your other ships. I'm a bit skeptical about how it works, too. Is it a KM(Kinetic Mine) or is there a weapon suckered on there that i can't see?

Filson: This fighter is very interesting, as it looks like a miniature version of one of your much larger ships.

Overall, the fleet is above average, and the color scheme works for it.
7.5/10.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Lord-General Thunder wrote:
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote: UCOP-B Ulysses:

[...]
That is one hell of a lot of boosters... Are they functional or purely aesthetic? :shock:

It's so that should the primary rail gun assembly be destroyed, the rail gun's ability to form a magnetic field for rapid firing will be significantly impaired.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

In layman's terms; destroy boosters to increase time between railgun shots.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BigFattyPlus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by BigFattyPlus »

I like those designs. They look interesting.
"Suffer the little ones, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless." Druid's Call, from Magic: The Gathering

My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/BygPhattyPlus
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Arcalane wrote:In layman's terms; destroy boosters to increase time between railgun shots.

I knew that.

AD SNIP; I despise backseat moderators.