Aztec's ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Aztec's ships

Post by Aztec »

ok basicly hereis what i've made so far, hoep you like them! critisim and comments liked.

here's my cobra, it's meant to be an assualt ship or something.

the cobra beta was more of a bigger hull bigger firepower. and belive it or not i read a bit of the "help and how to" of the ship maker adn figured out how to depth wepons so some of them have been depthed, others not so much...

anyway here's another it's my Arrow i think it went pretty well, but could've been better, oh well that's it for now, any coments? post whatever you may think!!! :P :D
Wah wah wah... is all i hear when i get the point!

i'm furry deal with it. X3
Dat Viymese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dat Viymese »

I like the shapes and the color dorrdination but i am a bit confused on on the beta cobra what is it?
is it a destroyer, or could it be a heavy patrol craft?
I like the Arrow's shape and i think it couild be the work horse if you plan on making a fleet anytime soon.
I just Came to enjoy the sites! <(^.^)>

I do have my dignity, its just in a box somewhere in the north atlantic sea...

forums...aren't they lovely?
[quote="inteuniso"] Welcome to the site. We're always glad to have new meat- I mean members.[/quote]
inteuniso
Commander
Commander

Post by inteuniso »

Well, they're overgunned tiny stock ships with mirroring errors.

However, I do like the fact that, unlike other noobies, you did depth the weapons. That makes it slightly more forgivable.

Try to use more non-stock parts though. Everyone's tired of seeing the same-old, same-old. Try any of the sections in the custom content section. That is all.
It's not my fault I can't take your post seriously.
Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aztec »

thanks fro the input... but that's what i had at the time so did the best i could.

so yeah i'll look and see what i can find thanks for the tip...
and thanks for pointing out the wepons i didn't think the guns would be too much of a problem but ok, i'll revise it a bit and see what comes up thanks again!

Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aztec »

and hey Vyimese it was meant to be a small destoryer or a corvet, as i found out after reading through some of your topics, as well as others.

thanto_
Commander
Commander

Post by thanto_ »

Is it just me, or are all the image links broken? Why are you using filesmelt for images anyway?
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

It's just you. I see them fine.

About the ships: It's great to start small and all, but there's not much I can comment on that hasn't been said by inteuniso already. I'd try bigger (and possibly TSA-style).
Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aztec »

thanks for the C&C, i'll just post the ships i made over the year... most of them are made of the old stock... so don't hurt me!

bellayo

bettel
Decho

these are my first asymmetrical ships good???

echo

blader, kind'a cheapy i know... ><

hope you like them or whatever! C&C liked... Don't hurt me! ><'

Jokarun
Commander
Commander

Post by Jokarun »

I don't really like this combination of colours...
I don't know about you; But I generally don't store games in RAM.
~~Take a cookie~~
J.
vVhorpax
Commander
Commander

Post by vVhorpax »

To adress the asymmetrical ships. Try to balance the propulsion a bit more, it´s totally fine in my eyes to build this kind of ships if you keep an eye on your ships centroid. Also you should avoid to sprinkle your guns over this kind of ships, create a theme for everyone of it. Your "echo" is the closest one to that if you delete half the weapons or all offensive weapons, flak are fine you can allways use them as last resort offensive weapons.
LactoseTolerant
Captain
Captain

Post by LactoseTolerant »

I'd say it's good attempt at asymmetry, but the sectionwork is clumsy. Looks more like a random smattering of sections.

Try having a look at Vhorpax's asymmetrical ships. They're asymmetrical but still have organization to it. I know it sounds like an oxymoron...
Got questions about ShipMaker? Look here!

Life happens.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Why is organized asymmetry an oxymoron?
Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aztec »

thanks and i have no idea why it is an oxymoron... maybe it's just a facny way of saying it looks blanced??? :|
either way, thanks for the tip Vhorp,i didn't think of that so yea... also the wepons, i thought something was wrong and well thought i'd leave it till i figured out what, so i'll look at yours and see what i can do.

the color combanation i won't really fix... i like it this way! :D

Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

There isn't really much to say about this. It's hard to be interested in stuff that looks like it was necroed from 2007 when you haven't even done anything exceptional. Try some other sprites and look at a color wheel.
Aztec
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Aztec »

>< right... ok since the majority of you say my color suck ye'... i'm going to look at things... last post of the month i guess till i come out with some better ships.