Magyar ships (Full Fleet now posted. Critism needed.)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Magyar ships (Full Fleet now posted. Critism needed.)

Post by Deltaflyer »

Magyar stands for ogre in sicilian I believe. When the terran war ended in 6034, the thunderbolt union expanded in a new direction and encountered a new race of peoples. They too had been at war with the aliens way back in 4763 onwards. After the long 230 years of war within the terran boundries, the thunderbolts were weary. They had encountered the Magyars in a large asteroid belt surrounding the sun of Lacacille:

Pictured is a Magyar Battlecruiser. Equipped with an Ionized beam (kudos to CT in the advanced weapon modding thread) as it's main weapon, this ship can tear through enemy ships quite easily.

EDIT: I actually have a small fleet made, I just posted the one ship to find out the general reaction to the shape etc before I released these ones.

EDIT 2:

Destroyer classes: Image

There is an assault destroyer, a point defense destroyer, a beam destroyer and a regular destroyer. The Magyar destroyers are the perfect balance between speed and firepower. They are all able to be retro-fitted and are the perfect all-round ships. That is why they are mass-produced. A fleet of destroyers once overran an Alien fleet three times it's size over Procyon minor.
Last edited by Deltaflyer on Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Huh. Wow.

This thing looks kinda cool. Maybe just a eetsy-beetsy too curvy, but it's still awesome in general.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

That's freakin kewl for a noob! Plus thos bitty sections look like belt guides for automatic weapons.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

I think people might be getting carried away with all the nice curves and ignoring the somewhat iffy section usage on the actual core of the ship. Even so, it's very nice. Quite a bit of Deathshand inspired section work there. It's a definite improvement, and it's very eye-pleasing, but some of your actual technical section work is a bit lacking. Always room to keep improving.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote:I think people might be getting carried away with all the nice curves and ignoring the somewhat iffy section usage on the actual core of the ship. Even so, it's very nice. Quite a bit of Deathshand inspired section work there. It's a definite improvement, and it's very eye-pleasing, but some of your actual technical section work is a bit lacking. Always room to keep improving.
Core AND sidepods, actually.

Also, the sidepods really kind of break the theme. Make 'em a bit more curvy, like the rest, 'cause it's really sad to see such a juicy round ass on that ship and then the angly sidepods.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

T-002 wrote:
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote:I think people might be getting carried away with all the nice curves and ignoring the somewhat iffy section usage on the actual core of the ship. Even so, it's very nice. Quite a bit of Deathshand inspired section work there. It's a definite improvement, and it's very eye-pleasing, but some of your actual technical section work is a bit lacking. Always room to keep improving.
Core AND sidepods, actually.

Also, the sidepods really kind of break the theme. Make 'em a bit more curvy, like the rest, 'cause it's really sad to see such a juicy round ass on that ship and then the angly sidepods.
Hands off the curvy ship you pervert.
Last edited by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
Dragontear
Commander
Commander

Post by Dragontear »

Personally I rather perfer curvy, organic-looking craft, although there are a few layer-based issues, maybe some at the back, one or two in the center.

Although the reppetition at the center kinda throws me off, maybe just using different shades of the same colour if you must, it'll look better. :3

Also, please have a look-see at some of the weapony and modules, the mirroring tool has a funny way of making the mirror'ed weapons and utilities out of place and a bit wonky.

Meh, keep at it, look over your unit a few times and improve accoordingly if you can, its very well done otherwise. ^.=.^
Last edited by Dragontear on Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4532]Reclamation - A twisted future role-play game.[/url]
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

I like the curves but the sidepods just don't feel like they fit with the ships profile.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

I think you went a bit overboard with the ablatives, man.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I don't really know how to make a pretty ship thats functional yet, I just wanted to go and try to make a pretty ship that looks good. The ablatives are there simply for the shape.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

Any better?
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

I dislike that many section 9's. The idea is fine but you should use that technike much more sparingly. They really distract from the rest of the ship. also those colurs are unpleasing. Keep trying
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Section 9s are not the sole answer to curvy-ness, play are around with other sections.
For example section 3s can form some pretty neat curves and shapes. Look on the forums, there are some good examples there.

The shape of the ships are good, but the colors need an overhaul. They don't look like colors that should be on a ship, frankly speaking.

Some improvements here and there and you can have a great ship.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Colour combination of red and blue (especially that shade, and in a .jpeg screenshot) hurts the eyes. Just so you know.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

What could scheme would you suggest for this ship then? A regular grey with say... a green outline? black and green go together in my mind.