Third Ein Imperium: Black Project 'Sword of Satan'

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Third Ein Imperium: Black Project 'Sword of Satan'

Post by Danny420Dale »

As yet unnamed, the Third Ein Imperium unveils our newest ship. Using engine technology developed from the Ozymandias Dragon Refit and hull design from the Broadsword, this ship promises to be one that will bring hope to our allies in battle and strike terror into the hearts of our enemies.

This shot shows her newly completed hull with engines installed, out on space trials. Note the CIWS fitted to deflect errant space debris.
Last edited by Danny420Dale on Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

Do i see section spam? And it seems like that ship must turn like shit....
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Nabaco wrote:spam
Silly Vikings...
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Is the foward part of the "wings" the basis for a gun??? Cool engine effect though (I suck at engines). I'd try to use more pieces and mor variation. Overall a good ship.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I let out a small gasp when I saw this ship... And yes theres alot of repetition but for how sleek the design is it would look weird if there wasn't. At most Id say add more detail in the center to cover up the larger sections but even then it would have to be repeated down the whole middle. Very hotrodish.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

And here she is in her full Infernal Glory.

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Holy weapons spam batman! Congratulations, you've managed to make me hate railguns and redesign my battlestation with one ship.

It took me three tries to defeat the Sword of Satan. It did manage to make some nice holes in my station but more importantly it wiped out all my light external weapons with the blaster spam, and most of the internal heavy weapons with the railguns. I only defeated it by digging a hole straight up the middle, so only a few impeders and repair modules could reach at a time. Even that was a race I almost lost. Very, very nice ship.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

jwa8402 wrote:Holy weapons spam batman! Congratulations, you've managed to make me hate railguns and redesign my battlestation with one ship.

It took me three tries to defeat the Sword of Satan. It did manage to make some nice holes in my station but more importantly it wiped out all my light external weapons with the blaster spam, and most of the internal heavy weapons with the railguns. I only defeated it by digging a hole straight up the middle, so only a few impeders and repair modules could reach at a time. Even that was a race I almost lost. Very, very nice ship.
Thanks. The basic architecture is highly-evolved from old Aralonian broadside ship designs, the blaster shotguns are highly modified Minotaur Heavy Turbolasers, and the Infernal Rail Shotguns are again modified Minotaur railguns. I'm surprised it didn't zap you with its spinal array, which is my Q-Pulse modification of a Seraphim Industries Balmung Beamcannon array.

Image[/img]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Updated DL, ship now has a jumpdrive. Other ships may want to keep their distance :twisted:
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

hm... would you mind putting up a couple of pictures w/ black gradient? might make it look better in-game. (unless you already have that)
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

K black gradient:

Yes, that's a severely wounded Hypercube. It died soon after.

The ship the Evil Beam tagged died quickly as well. The allied SoS never fired its Evil Beam, just its forward weapons back to the second Railgun turrets.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Aw hell, my empire hates you for this :shock:

Awesome ship is awesome! :D
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

Sorry, I've been gone and havn't resopnded well.
jwa8402 wrote:Holy weapons spam batman! Congratulations, you've managed to make me hate railguns and redesign my battlestation with one ship.
Didn't I do that too, to your dreadnaught???

As for the ship, too many mega tachions for me. Even with that though, they acctually add a scence of irrefutable fear of the ship itself, almost like the Memento Mori *shudders*.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

IBurn36360 wrote:As for the ship, too many mega tachions for me.
They're turret covers for very large (and as you've seen by now extremely destructive) weapons.
EyeBurn36360 wrote:Even with that though, they actually add a sense of irrefutable fear of the ship itself, almost like the Memento Mori *shudders*.

That is EXACTLY what I set out to do with this ship. Thanks for the ringing endorsement! :twisted: :twisted:
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Behold the Evil Beam in its full Infernal Majesty!