My first serious attempt at shipbuilding

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

My first serious attempt at shipbuilding

Post by Lloyd16 »

I finally decided to build a decent looking ship. i felt i should post it here,and if i should make a full fleet out of it.

ImageImage
The Zepios-Class Destroyer.

Armed with 2 Class-1 Projectile cannons
2 Class-2 Mass projectile cannons
2 anti fighter particle turrets
and a class-1 Penerator Mini Railgun
and protected by a Layer of Class-2 Abbrive Shielding.(1000hp)
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

You could do with changing the colour scheme other than that it looks fairly good.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

it's OK, but nothing really special. It's too small to try any of the techniques I would think would make it better, but perhaps try adding an engine to the back

EDT: I didn't notice it before the comment on how fast it died, but FYI, ablatives are generally done with lots of small sections. the outlining is really just a visual effect thing.
Last edited by FIREST0RM000 on Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
What?
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by What? »

Ignore this, I am stupid.
Last edited by What? on Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="What?"] Wut. [/quote]
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

What? wrote:From what I see...It seems to be able to die from a Zelus pretty fast...
Lloyd16 wrote:The Zepios-Class Destroyer.

Armed with 2 Class-1 Projectile cannons
2 Class-2 Mass projectile cannons
2 anti fighter particle turrets
and a class-1 Penerator Mini Railgun
and protected by a Layer of Class-2 Abbrive Shielding.(1000hp)
Let's see here. Even if all of the weapons are unmodded, they would STILL kick the shit out of a Zelus. Not even to mention the fact that it has 1000 HP ablative shielding.

And Lloyd16;

Penerator = Penetrator
Abbrive = Ablative
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Lloyd16
Commander
Commander

Post by Lloyd16 »

yes, i know i can't spell.
And you will be surpised at how long it lasts. even through it was not designed to take much of a hit.
Been trying to find a way of making an engine look good on it, found nothing yet. also any suggestions on a different colour scheme are welcome. and all of these weapons are modded for extra shots, extra damage, and smaller range. And the whole point of ablative shields is that on most sci-fi shows when they get hit with shields up, the hull still gets some damage. Having 15 sections starts to deflet the point of them.
FIREST0RM000
Captain
Captain

Post by FIREST0RM000 »

tip: get a spell checker. should be available with google toolbar or another one you might have.

as for the colors, they are alright. the problem lies in quantity. get rid of that mass of one color at the center and it would look much better. find a way to break it up.
"any problem can be solved with a gratuitous enough use of high explosives" Normandy
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

FIREST0RM000 wrote:
tip: get a spell checker. should be available with google toolbar or another one you might have.

as for the colors, they are alright. the problem lies in quantity. get rid of that mass of one color at the center and it would look much better. find a way to break it up.
Shades are the best way to do this. Just get different shades of blue or red in the center, should make it look better.

On second thought, think of eliminating either the red or the blue. Those colors don't mix too well.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]