The Tasari Fleet (updated)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Zako248
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

The Tasari Fleet (updated)

Post by Zako248 »

I submit these ships for your review, as well as to the MRA universe. Comments and criticism will be welcomed.

Backstory under construction

These ships are from fairly young race called the Tasari. They have largely escaped detection by all of the major races in the Milky Way because of the remoteness of their home star, located more than 750 light years from the borders of the nearest faction.

The Pioneer

This is their first ship capable of interstellar travel.

Armament:
  • 2x Blaster cannons
Although it is an ancient design, the ships of this class are still used to search for and explore new planets, and to hopefully discover alien life.

"Um... Captain."
First contact

The Prospect

The Prospect class ships were built sometime before first contact had occured. These vessels were instumental in colinizing nearby planets and star systems.

A Prospect class ship explores a nebula

Armament:
  • 2x light particle beams
    4x small resonance torpedo launchers
Aries Class

One month prior to first contact, many ships have been reporting strange anomalies in spacetime, as if large objects were traveling at high speed through space. Worried, the Tasari started constuction of its first warship, The Aries.

Armament:
  • 1x light particle beam cannon
    2x dual light plasma cannons
    4x light particle beams
The Tasari wanted to be ready should the source of the anomalies prove to be hostile alien ships.

An Aries class ship under construction

Arcus Class

During first contact the Tasari were told of a powerful extra galactic race called the To'Hol Venaari, and that they were threatening the entire galaxy. The Tasari government pushed for the construction of two new ships to help defend themselves should this extra galactic race attack.

Armament:
    8x light plasma cannons
Yaris Class

The Yaris is one of the two ships built after the Tasari were told of the To'hol Venaari.

Armament
    8x light plasma cannons
    6x small resonance torpedo launchers
    4x anti-fighter particle beams
Tauri Class

In order to construct the Tauri, the Tasari need to build a much larger construction yard to accomadate it.

Seen here is the Tasari station, constructing a Tauri class destroyer. It is also servicing a Prospect class ship

Armament:
  • 1x main particle beam cannon
    2x resonance torpedo launchers
    2x plasma cannons
    4x light plasma cannons
    6x dual plasma cannons
    8x anti-fighter particle beams
The Razeir

The Aries, the Yaris, and the new Constellation class cruise ship for size comparision

Armament
  • 1x main particle beam cannon
    1x heavy plasma cannon
    2x anti-matter missile launchers
    2x heavy resonance torpedo launchers
    3x plasma cannons
    4x dual plasma cannons
    6x resonance torpedos launchers
    8x anti-fighter particle beams
    22x light plasma cannons
Download here
Last edited by Zako248 on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
ddx420
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ddx420 »

Not really liking the turrets on the Aries and Tauri. Perhaps if you considered overlapping the blasters with railguns/tachyons with 0 burst. Currently the stubby blasters sticking out of the Tach driver look stupid.

And the red glowy bits on said Aries and Tauri - what are those, engine glow?
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

I disagree with ddx - the blasters look like mean short-barreled cannons, homeworld 2 esq - just use a bit of imagination and remember that not every gun in space has to look like it was ripped of a world war 2 battleship.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Zako248
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Zako248 »

Wicky_42 wrote:I disagree with ddx - the blasters look like mean short-barreled cannons, homeworld 2 esq - just use a bit of imagination and remember that not every gun in space has to look like it was ripped of a world war 2 battleship.
Thank you.
ddx420 wrote:And the red glowy bits on said Aries and Tauri - what are those, engine glow?
something like that

Update:
added a new ship
added download
Check first post
ddx420
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ddx420 »

Minor error on the Razeir - near the foremost Gatblaster, there are two section 25's, one of which is uneven - the three diagonal "stripes" on it are ahead of its counterpart on the other side.

And the driver/railgun turrets are actually starting to grow on me - the way you pulled them off on the Razeir makes them look very good. What's the reversed driver at the front, between the two engine "mandibles"? Another turret?
Dagger
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Dagger »

Zako, I really like the look of those ships, though I have to admit my favorite one is the Tauri. It just looks mean and powerful at the same time. Great Job Overall.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Very nice ships. I stopped using blasters awhile ago and just mod gatling blasters to act like whatever weapon I want, but your choice. Although I like what you did on the Aries.

Nice that you have some degree of backstory.

I like the prospect but sadly my favorite is the Pioneer. The red aegis on each end just looks weird, though Im sure theres a good explanation for it.
KLJaden
Ensign
Ensign

Post by KLJaden »

Just one question... In the back story, what exactly is the species of first contact? I think I see... the idea is under construction according to the thing at the first.
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

Don't necro post......
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Nabaco wrote:Don't necro post......
Two weeks is not a necro. :/
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

KLJaden wrote:Just one question... In the back story, what exactly is the species of first contact? I think I see... the idea is under construction according to the thing at the first.
I'm not sure the race they actually made first contact with is so much hostile or important. The hostile race referred to is
a powerful extra galactic race called the To'Hol Venaari
From ArcaneDude's MRA thread, who are threatening the galaxy.

I wouldn't mind more backstory on which races they are dealing with or if they are adapting other's technology to increase their own...