Reverse Weapon Concept (only 2 ships for download so far.)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Reverse Weapon Concept (only 2 ships for download so far.)

Post by MDmakaan »

What is the reverse weapon concept???
The reverse weapon concept is to swap the roles of most used weapons.
As example, railguns are used as broadside cannons which shred the sides of a fleet, as flaks and particle cannons are high fire rate weapons to deflect stuff.
And beams as forward or sometimes broadside mounted weapons to deliver an huge, strong blow.

This concept makes it reverse!
Fast fire rate beams as sideway weapons, medium rate of fire beams with a decent amount of firepower are the railguns.
Main weapons are huge, slow projectile cannons with a low chance of being intercepted.
Point beams with lower deviation and lower fire rate are the point defense weapons.

Download the 2 ships so far here (to demonstrate, more weapons, more fixes and ships coming soon.)
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... oncept.rar

Pics

The small red beams are a bit like autocannons, high fire rate and low damage, good for hitting subsystems like weapons.
The purple beams actually are sweeping from side to side, giving a railgun effect.

The main gun is kinda sucky, lousey and not super usefull, i will work on it, its a slow bullet shotgun with high power.

By the way, these ships suck, but i just made em to demonstrate
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Just FYI:

[18:03] <AD> http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2810 <--- Why am i not impressed?
[18:04] <MC> His ships are a pile of crap with ugly gunz on them.
[18:04] <AD> The reverse weapon concept. Wow. That's really something new.
[18:04] <AD> Or.
[18:04] <AD> Not.
[18:05] <Exe> What the hell is that??!
[18:05] <Exe> WOW! He's discovered exactly what we've been doing ever since we could edit weapons in Ship Maker 2!
[18:05] <MC> TEH REVERSE WEAPON CONCEPT
[18:06] <Exe> Well done MDMakaan! Shiny medal for you!
[18:06] <Exe> :|
[18:06] <AD> Why does he insist on bringing up those retarted concepts? |:/
[18:06] <MC> Which custom title should we get Arc to give him?
[18:06] <Exe> Ask Anna to come up with something.
[18:07] <AD> "The retarted reverser".
[18:07] <AD> Or something in that way. |:/
There's not really any good point to this, is there?

It's nothing new, really. I've been using repeaters for main guns and blasters for fast firing guns for...ages?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

MDMakaan...

Not every ship designer has bothered to use beamers as main weapons.

And not every ship designer has bothered to use railguns for broadside.

Ergo, you suck. :|
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

what a nice chat between you guys, and yes i suck, but that won't stop me.
(not meant offensive or defensive tho)

*aka* with *most* i don't mean ALL, and not SOME
Last edited by MDmakaan on Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oh, how quaint! :lol: MDmakaan here thinks he's doing something ORIGINAL and INNOVATIVE! And I see he's still smearing his barely coherent ramblings all over the forum.

"what a nice chat between you two, and yes i suck, but don't won't stop me."

Brilliant. How can I top that?
Point beams with lower deviation and lower fire rate are the point defense weapons.
You do realise that point-beams don't actually have any deviation, always hit their target, and thus the only thing you did was make the point beams less effective, right?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I appreciate your enthusiasm and you should keep building. You are making enemies though by basically jumping up and down shouting that your ships are awesome and original. No ones are until they build for quite a while and in all honesty you just haven't done your homework on the basics of the game.

Anna and the others will be the first to complement you when you post impressive ships or a new interesting concept. Right now though none of your stuff is even up to basic standards. Don't give up but leave out all the flair;

IE: huge explanations extolling your ships values, giant titles, and a new thread for every ship. Nothing wrong with your old thread, look at page one of some of the 20pg threads here. Just post, listen to criticism, improve your techniques, repeat. If your interested in weapons check out some of the novelty weapons threads. Maybe even build your factions history as a primitive race looking to improve its technology, instead of acting like your the freaking Ancients like every other noob. Good luck.
Salvofire
Commander
Commander

Post by Salvofire »

Now now guys, shouldn't we encourage the noobs of this forum? I think this is the reason many people leave and our community doesn't grow much.

Yes, the idea was basically retarded, but give the guy a break. He's just trying to make an impact. As far as I've seen he hasn't been shouting he's the best the in the world nor been annoying as hell. Although, the red bold super large print was abnormally abrasive to the eyes.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

That'd be an excellent point except for two things, Salvofire: 1. If we don't tell them that the idea is stupid, they will continue. Tough love. I'd like nothing more than to see him improve and grow. But between the choice of "Some people leave and some people stay, and the ones that stay improve", or "Everyone stays and they still suck because no one will tell them that they suck", I'll pick the former every time.

Additionally, MDmakaan isn't a noob. He's been registered on this forum for longer than you have.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

Thats a good point seraph, but i left this community for a long time, a very long time, and i came back, lost all my experience with BSF, since there where new functions and new tricks to do!

On the second, i felt like being ignored or being blocked, lemme explain.
This is for now and before i left.

I post a thread, no much comments exept 1, not many views wile a other post, which is not updated but just got posted, has many more comments and many more views.

As result, i don't have critical tips from experts.
As second, i once posted some beginner 3D art, and i admitted to lizzie i wasnt good enough to make her very complex ship in 3d, what was the reply? insults, insults and only insults.
You know, that doesn't makes me feel good.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

um... what?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

MDmakaan wrote: Good point Seraph, I just came back and lost all my skills.

<angst>
No one critiqued any of my ships that I posted so I have no skills.
</angst>

Also I got Lizzied because I made a crappy 3D version of her ship even though I said I was a noob. I am sad.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2805

Doesn't that have lots of critiques?
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

MDmakaan wrote: As second, i once posted some beginner 3D art, and i admitted to lizzie i wasnt good enough to make her very complex ship in 3d, what was the reply? insults, insults and only insults.
You know, that doesn't makes me feel good.
You got insulted because you made some bullshit comment about how I was being mean for expecting you to make the ship. Rather I was actually just asking if you could do it. The insults started when you made a douchebag of yourself.

Stop twisting events to suit you. I really fucking hate that shit.

ASM: He never made a ship for me. But I lol'd. Lizzied? That's a new term. :lol:
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Ok, obviously this thread is redundant and retarded (the example ship has beamers as broadside weapons... unique how? Stretched pulsars as a main gun is great because?).. but, ASM's translation is just great...
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

MDmakaan wrote:You know, that doesn't [sic] makes me feel good.
Good Sir, you seem to have mis-estimated the general attitude of these forums.
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

discovered that already sir, not that i'm going to ragequit this place, never!