Aquilonian Fleet. COMPLETE!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Koross
Commander
Commander

Aquilonian Fleet. COMPLETE!

Post by Koross »

Here is my second foray in trying out a fleet. This is still WIP as I will be adding more ships to this.

1) The Battleship Barracuda.
Embracing the traits of the great predator of the reefs, the barracuda, this battleship combines close ranged firepower and the ability to pounce in and out of attacks makes this battleship a force to be reckoned with. The Barracuda spearheads the Aquilonian attack fleet and will usually be the first ship to charge in to the enemy lines.

2) The Coelacanth Cruiser.
The Coelacanth is slow and lumbering but gives support with its long range weapons. The only ship in the fleet equipped with railguns, this ship tends to hang back and give long range support with its railgun and missile launchers. However, it does have the capability for medium attacks.

3) The Scorpaenidae Battleship.
Unlike the Barracuda, the Scorpaenidae is a frontal assault ship and will help to draw fire from the other ships in the fleet. It is also the only ship to be further armed with two defensive satellites, making its defences more robust. The Scorpaenidae is the core of the Aquilonian fleet and can fill any role needed.

4) The Coenobita Clypeatus Support Frigate.
Hanging out in the edge of the battle, the Coenobita Clypeatus Support Frigate is only armed with 1 weapon but is equipped with various tactical modules. It was built to fill in the role of a general support frigate. With its nanomatrices, it can repair damaged ships, slow down projectiles with its impeder platforms, that are churned from its impeder fabricator, making it easier on the defences of the fleet. In addition it is armed with lancets to take out enemy weaponry. Finally, the Frosch gun gives opening to the attacking Aquilonian ships to destroy enemy ships with ease.

5) The Manta Carrier.
This giant carrier shadows the fleet and attacks from afar with sheer numbers of drones, ripping the enemy fleet apart. At the same time, it is also equipped with a platform fabricator to drop down offensive or defensive platforms. It is one of the bigger ships of the fleet and its size gives out a threatening presence in the battlefield.

6) Acanthuridae Patrol Corvette.
Seeing that the fleet was lacking any patrol type of ships, the Aquilonians went to work. The ship had to be fast, manoeuvrable and able to outrun any heavy ships. Hence, the Acanthuridae Patrol Corvette was born. It had the fastest engines in the fleet and was able to flank any enemy ships with ease. However, it lacked armour and it needed its speed to overcome any hard hitters.
Picture of Acanthuridae in its attack run.

7) Carcharadon Dreadnought.
The Aquilonians needed ships that could command the battle fleet effectively. It had to be able to hold out on its own and at the same time be able to project a sense of power and pride. There was a lot of experiments with various designs but in the end, they have it! Taking the inspiration from one of the most primitive predators of the sea, the Carcharadon Dreadnought was born! The Carcharadon Dreadnought was massive and its presence often caused terror in the battlefield. The mere sight of the dreadnought awakened old primal fears amongst the enemy and most would run instead of fight. As of this time, only 3 Carcharadon Dreadnoughts were built. Each concentrated on a certain type of weaponry. They are Zeus (beam heavy), Hades (projectile heavy) and Poseidon (a mix) Aquilonian Carcharadon Dreadnought Class ships. All shall tremble and fear.

8) Sphyrnidae Cruiser
The Hammerhead Cruiser is a short range attack ship that is more of an in your face design. The broad head of the ship is a great place to mount weaponry and it was done just that. Any frontal attacks are cleverly defended with well mounted deflectors. Literally, the head of the ship is the strength of this vessel, offering offensive and defensive options.

9) Isurus Frigate
Utilizing The Pouncer (modified dieterling) to great effect, this mako shark based ship appears to whizz in and out of attacks quickly, making it a difficult target for large ships. However, the frigate was designed to take out fast ships, which is evident by its beam based weapon complement. Able to catch up with most fast ships, the Isurus frigate will make a short work of any interceptor type of vessel.

10) Great Whale Capital Ship
This is the heart of the fleet, the greatest ship ever produced by the Aquilonians, it carries the might and honour of the Aquilonian battle group. No mere words can describe it. Once you see it in battle, it is a sight that you will never forget.

This is a complete pack of all the ships in the Aquilonian Fleet. I hope you enjoy using these ships as much as I have enjoyed making them. Grab them >HERE<.
Last edited by Koross on Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Nice little fish/aquatic theme fleet(somehow the color scheme does not seem to fit, but thats just me). Ship#4's thrusters look a bit vulnerable(possibly intentional though?).
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Yeah the placements of those thrusters on the Support Frigate are intentional, they are already kinda weak ships but all you need is one Support Frigate to turn the tide of a battle.

I wanted to have an aggressive colour scheme, hence the colours I chose. I still need to learn how to put good colour schemes to proper section placements, to make the ships more pleasing.

Thanks for posting. :)
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Updated the fleet with the Manta Carrier.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Koross wrote:I wanted to have an aggressive colour scheme, hence the colours I chose.
Understood. But I still personally feel that bright red and bright yellow just don't mix together well. Even when looking from a distance, it's still quite a bad eyesore.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

Hmm I guess it is either the yellow or the red has to go. Probably yellow and red together doesn't work or I need to lower down the yellow usage. We shall see ...
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I disagree, I really like the colour scheme. It's bright and, well, aggressive. It also contrasts well with the darker bits. Does the Manta use the same colour red as the other ships? If so, I think you should leave it. If not, then change it to the same red as the other ships. Anyway, I think you should leave the colour scheme as it is or, at most, darken the read and/or yellow, but above all, I don't think you should remove either colour.
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

All the reds in the fleet are the same reds. The funny thing is that in Shipmaker, the colours look what it should be. Unfortunately, loading the ships up in BF, the colours become dull for the sections that were resized.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I think thats because of the depth of the parts and the ship glow
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Two questions. What's your glow set to? Do you have gradients on? Either or both of these could be causing your ship to lose colour. If it is neither of these, then it's probably a bug.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

AidanAdv wrote:the ship glow
Set this to pure white. Looks much more aesthetically appealing.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

mmmmm...fish...
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Nice... Yummy....
Sorry...
Can I copy the 'side' thruster thing?

PLEASE???
Me like fish.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Koross
Commander
Commander

Post by Koross »

AidanAdv wrote:I think thats because of the depth of the parts and the ship glow
Hmm I didn't know that. I'll try to bring the depth of those parts closer to the surface and see how it is.
Bad Boy wrote:Two questions. What's your glow set to? Do you have gradients on? Either or both of these could be causing your ship to lose colour. If it is neither of these, then it's probably a bug.
Glow is set to rgb=1,1,1 or very close to black. I don't remember reading it where but I read if you put it black(rgb=0,0,0), it might bug the game? And gradient I let it set to default in the shipmaker.
bl3d4 wrote:Nice... Yummy....
Sorry...
Can I copy the 'side' thruster thing?

PLEASE???
Me like fish.
Sure. I don't think I started that design though. *shrugs*

UPDATE: Fixed the colour issue. It seems that you have to choose 'no gradient' from the core and the colours stay as how it is in the Ship Maker.
UPDATE 2: Updated the fleet pic and also added in a new download link for all the ships, including the Manta Carrier. Enjoy.
KOS- Abaddon
Commander
Commander

Post by KOS- Abaddon »

HOLY SHIT!! It's a freaking killer lobster!!!!! That is so freaking sweet. ha ha.
Anyway. I like these. Nice and original with a cool color scheme. The manta ray thing is pretty sweet.