Anty's shipyard - new etara WIP

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anty
Commander
Commander

Anty's shipyard - new etara WIP

Post by Anty »

...because I can't find the old one, its somewhere drifting into the pits of the forum

however I DID listen to your advice

I cut my huge ship open, used the pretty parts and created a cute little battlecruiser with it

Last edited by Anty on Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

1. What's the use of the aegis on the wings/ in the center.
2. Starships aren't supposed to be cute. Heart-shaped ones maybe, but
BATTLECRUISERS? no.
3. How are you running that at 19 fps!?
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

1. lasers
2. everything is relative, actually it was a joke, it isnt cute at all
3. uhm is that good or bad?

4.omg I just realised I forgot the Missile launchers
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

1. oh.
2.Bleh.
3. I can hardly run something with +200 sections at 2 FPS on my comp @ mom's.

4. OMG UR RIET. ADD TEHM NAO. :P
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Quite a beautiful ship you have there, i like most of it, most. The only part i will pick on is the exhaust nozzles, they seem really out of perspective when seen from above, but that could just be a stylistic thing so anyway.

good job!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Far better than your last try. Good job.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I like it. The engines look cool but like what dark ship said they look out of perspective, which is kind of too bad :(
Other than that the ship looks cool.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Not bad, a vast improvement. The lack of color and your engine design still bother me though but it IS a good improvement.

One thing I like is it looks more crisp and clean then your prior works. Looks much less like a jumbled mess on the inside.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

the only thing about the engines that has bothered me on every ship that anyone used that design on is that they look like your viewing the ship from above and behind, in which case they look excellent. But the rest of the ship is seen from above unless you do something incredible with shading and angles. Try making the circles narrower, and scooting the engine vent sections in so it doesn't look like we can look straight into the engines from directly over the ship.

That said, an excellent expansion of your yrian(sp?) and a worthwhile battleship. I like the highlighting because it makes up for lack of color (because I'm one to talk :lol: ) but if your going with gray, try some more shades of gray to promote the depth you already have. ie make sections lighter the closer to the center of the ship they are, or vice versa.

Hope that helps and that you build more along this line. Any shots of it firing or will there be a download?
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

I thought it was time for something else, so I decided to build a fleet of insect like warships. This is the first ship, the maglir

Do you guys think the front claws are too stretched out?
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Get rid of the stretching please, it doesn't look good :|
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

It's always better to take the long way around and use more sections than utilise the shortcut which involves resizing them to unimaginably ugly proportions and placing them in places which just seem to fit. Remember that.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Nevermind the colour looks something like putrid flesh. :?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

Arcalane wrote:Nevermind the colour looks something like putrid flesh. :?
that was the intention actually

Get rid of the stretching please, it doesn't look good
yeah I was wondering myself
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

If you're aiming for that putrid flesh colour then I think you've hit a bullseye on that. Eww. :?
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]