Battlestars Forever - Galactica, Pegasus, Basestar, Fighters

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Grenville wrote:Do i spy little raiders flying about that base star :o
Yes :-p. There's a fairly large viper/brawl brawl encounter I posted on the first page.
Far better than your galactica attempts, although I've never seen a Cylon Basestar with red war paint. They're usually grey and black.

Come to think of it, I've never seen a purple Battlestar either.
The underside of each 'arm' is a red/grey rusty color since the cylons decided to make their hangers out of meat... I'll tweek the color a little more. :-\

Now... Galactica's hull is that weird metalic blue color along with the Mk7 Viper. I just used the custom palette since I didn't want to remake the color every single time. I haven't tried SM Helper but default windows palette limitations are the reason.

Yah know... after doing some testing, the main lag problem looks like all the guns on galactica since the gunless 300 section model loads in about 1/3 of a second. I might go and add that extra detail. :-)
Don’t worry it has airbags.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

WOW :shock: That is impressive, very nicely done.
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

I just played the viper/raider fight.....that was insane :shock:

How did you get them to actually fight like fighters ?

My fighters just tend to sit there and act like meat shields :?

Even when i put in a negative AI setting to get them to strafe they strafe then sit there like a target for around 30 seconds then turn around and strafe again then repeat

Its hard to get the damn fighters to fight like fighters should :?
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Sounds like your problem is high accel, Grenville. Set it low, or the AI will stop moving before turning around.

ASM, the Basestar is much better than the Galactica. Impressive.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well... you'll have to toy with it. The two most important factors are acceleration and turning.

Start with flanking and -2000. Then toy with it to get the smallest negative value where the fighters don't stop. High RoT weapons are recommended.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

... Pegasus... I start building it and realized that it would take over 500 sections to do since its about 4x the size of a basestar... :shock:
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

antisocialmunky wrote:... Pegasus... I start building it and realized that it would take over 500 sections to do since its about 4x the size of a basestar... :shock:
500 sections is not that bad, i have a ship thats over 700 and its not much bigger then spootknight's assault cruiser ^^"
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Pegasus is pretty good. I can't help but feel that the basestar is too small and out of proportion.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Hmmm, you might be right. I jsut spent aobut 1/2 and hour trying to find some size info on the base star. I couldn't find anything except a single mention of 5100'.

So I guess I need to increase the size to about 183%.

I guess I'll go and remake it. It'll look alot less cluttered than that one one and look more epic.

Pegasus needs to be scaled up by 7% too. :cry:
Mjolnir
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Mjolnir »

antisocialmunky wrote:Hmmm, you might be right. I jsut spent aobut 1/2 and hour trying to find some size info on the base star. I couldn't find anything except a single mention of 5100'.

I guess I'll go and remake it. It'll look alot less cluttered than that one one and look more epic.

2 things.
1. Basestars are longer than the Pegasus.
2. Basestars carry over 700 raiders.
[img]http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8666/cylonbasestareyevq0.gif[/img]

Mjolnir, Hammer of Thor. Id like to see you try to kill me, and why would you want to take my stuff, its all crap anyway.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I was already thinking that this basestar was so small...
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Mjolnir wrote:
antisocialmunky wrote:Hmmm, you might be right. I jsut spent aobut 1/2 and hour trying to find some size info on the base star. I couldn't find anything except a single mention of 5100'.

2 things.
1. Basestars are longer than the Pegasus.
2. Basestars carry over 700 raiders.
1. Thanks, I'm going to go check. on the new model. Pegasus is almost exactly 120% the side of Galactica so I'll check on that. If someone could find an officienl length measurement of Pegasus, that would be very helpful.
2. Yeah, there's 729, someone counted.
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Well, that doesn't have a basestar but sci fi's encyclopedia has it listed at 5100 feet. I did find those drawings too but they don't have an absolute size for Pegasus. Infact other than the 2^(1/3) estimant from the 2x volume reference, no one seems to have official numbers.

Also. Pegasus is huge.

EDIT:
My size references:
Galactica: 4640 ft
Basestar: 5100 ft
Pegasus: 5826 ft

Pegasus is huge.... If someone had a screen cap of Pegasus ramming the basestar, that might help.
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

Its easy to find size comparison pictures but hard to find cannon data on measurements :?

More size comparisons

Galactica and Prometheus
http://battlestar.prometheus.googlepage ... e-full.jpg

Size for ships from original series but not new one (left of picture)
http://www.danzelmo.com/SpaceshipSize_C ... nChart.jpg

:EDIT:

Battle stars fighting base stars
http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/d/d3/BONC.jpg
http://media.battlestarwiki.org/images/ ... us_Ram.jpg

:EDIT:

http://www.tecr.com/galactica/

FOUND IT!!!!!!

http://www.st-minutiae.com/misc/compari ... _large.png
Galactica 1414 meters long
Pegasus 1600 meters long
Basestar 1555 meters long