LG's Various stuff, new ships in the tread

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

LG's Various stuff, new ships in the tread

Post by LordGarcia »

Alright! I just finished tweaking these little ships. they are totally simple and overall even weaker than the stock ships. I made two similar races tath are balanced out against eachother (almost, the yellow Flagship is a tad more powerful than the other one) However I'm going to spain tomorrow and I don't know if I'll be able to reach a computer. I just wanted to show you what I'm working at right now. these ships are finished as they are but I'm thinking about adding in some carriers and bombardement ships. Also maybe some civil ships. Oh I also am In need os proper names for the races, I can't come up with anything. However long talk short: hera re the two fleets and you even have a download of all I made around them (even some experimental shielded crafts and other experimental crafts that should blow up if the weapons are gone)

Download

The red and blue sections are the team colors, this shots where prefight shots, the yellow ones won because the flagship is as said stronger.

Comments please :)
Edit: and criticism, what do I make wrong that I hardly get any replys?
Last edited by LordGarcia on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Gkug
Commander
Commander

Post by Gkug »

They look good.
You are no God to me
You are nothing to me
This is a reckoning
Enjoy this while it lasts
It won't be long before it dies.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Although there is a point where asymmetry is being overused...
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

You can never have too much asymmetry.
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

the asymmetry looks nice on these ships. a bit sparse on weapons though but understandable considering what you are going after.

good work 8)
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Don't get me wrong asymmetry is cool, but each sides light frigates are asymmetrical, and they look the same. Both have a large left side, color shouldn't be the only distinction in two armies!
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Very good work. Mini fleets are always cool. However, I do think that there is too much assymetry on the little one thruster ship.

EDIT: You can upload rar files to the ship database as well, which would have been easier.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

well as I was aiming for very balanced fleets and I wanted the smaller ships to have the similar power, the similar possibility to survive and the similar count of pieces I couldn't have that much variation.
However if you look closely they might be similar but I tried to use different pieces at all.
Also to the uploading being easier, as I added all the screenshots and stuff I wasn't sure if I should upload it to the database. you see I usually would have displayed every ship with their pictures but I was right about to go to my vacation in spain and therefore had no time (btw I'm over there right now)
Once I'm home I'll try something with the smaller ships like making only one party have assimetry and watch how it fits.

Hey, thanks for the reply!

One more thing did anyone try them out? My aim was to get really many ships to make a cool dogfight-like battle without much weapon spam and wihtout dropping the framerate that much. Also I think that in movies like starwars the fighter are very fragile and might even die after recieving on or two shots, thats what I aimed for.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

Kind of an update here.
So I'm back from spain and am ready to review my ships. Didn't do that thought. However I made a new one, quite generic but here it is.

Download
What do you think?
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

cute
Don’t worry it has airbags.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

thanks, nothing that coud be improved?
However, I'll continue with the weak ship style, I like it when a fight doesn't cost ages till its over.
Therefore here is the next ship, I'm stil not totally satisfied with it so it isn't the final version. This ship is a long range slowfiring artillery ship (actually rockets but whatever)

thoughts?
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

and another update, I feel creative today.

-Incoming News-
CS yards, The famous Civilian Shipproducing Company Released today the CS Rainbow, a Fireworks ship for festive ocasions, this ship promises to become the most used host for parties. It provides many luxury attractions and the brand new fireworks sidepods (that are quite bigger than the main ship). The ship isn't combat ready, it is told that the fireworks could damage but it isn't reccomended to enter in a fight with them.

criticism?
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

All rightn no comments, I can live with it. Here comes a 'small fleets' update. I changed the assimetric ships on the yellow side and also modified some stats. the yellows now are in general slower but do more damage.

here are the shipwise pictures with their counterparts:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Hope the differences are now bigger
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

Six posts in a row people, you could stop this madness with a post, even if you tell me why I don't get that many feedback (I don't count one word posts)

So here is the next update. This time I have 3 new ships that belong to the small fleet series.

ImageImage
The Seastar somehow takes the job from both the Hathor and tha Ma'at. It's a station, able to jump and it has many demeters (they are really many because every laucher has multiple demeters at a time)

*edit: fixed tag error, now for real
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Ixranin's Legion would like to sue you for the design of the seastar. :P

Also, is it just me, or do your ships have even less HP than stock ships?