Slamscape's Custom Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

slamscape
Ensign
Ensign

Slamscape's Custom Ships

Post by slamscape »

Here is a thread where I will add and update my custom designs. Most of the ships have been balanced, although most of them are still undergoing tweaks.

Rhino - Battleship
ImageImage
Hull: 500
Speed: 1.10
Turning: .45
Accel: slow

2 gatling blasters
6 Lasers
2 scatter lasers
2 Point Masers
2 Deflectors

This is a strong battleship that shines when attacked from both flanks, however the short sections that compose the hull means its easy to overwhelm the 2 deflectors. Also the only Point Defense is in the rear meaning plasma will be very effective.

Bulldog - (Assault) Destroyer
ImageImage
Hull: 400
Speed: 1.60
Turning: 0.50
Accel: low

8 blasters
2 scatter lasers

One of the heavier destroyers, its slow and tough and puts out a large amount of blaster fire per volley. However its lack of any active defense means it will not withstand prolonged pounding to its hull.

The Wall (working name) - Defensive Destroyer
ImageImage
Hull: 200
Speed: 1.50
Turning: 0.15
Accel: med

2 Point Masers
6 Ageis Deflectors

Plain and simple, this ship is meant to soak up large amounts of fire from one direction. Its rather limited, the turn speed is slow and the deflectors are very exposed from the rear, taking out one spot will take out 2 sections of shielding.

Turtle - Defensive Destroyer
ImageImage
Hull: 200
Speed: 3.00
Turning: 0.75

2 Point Masers
6 Aegis Deflectors

The little brother/sister to the wall. It is a more compact design so it is able to survive better, however the area protected is a lot smaller, I would think the main use would be to protect civilian targets or the flanks of battleships.

Valkryie - Light Destroyer
ImageImage
Hull: 250
Speed: 4.20
Turning: 0.90

2 Gatling Pulses
2 Mining Lasers
4 Scatter Lasers

One of my favorite looking ships, the Valkyrie is a quick strike destroyer. The main strength is its speed, its able to get in quickly and do large amounts of damage, however one on one it will take large amounts of damage. Its main use is to flank enemy dreadnaughts and take out the deflectors quickly.

Unnamed Patrol Craft - Patrol Craft
ImageImage
Hull: 175
Speed: 7
Turning: 3
Accel: Fast

2 Plasmas

Still undergoing some tweaking, mainly to be used as a torpedo bomber[/b]
Major Diarrhia
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Major Diarrhia »

Those are all really nice ships.
[url=http://battleshipsforeverships.googlepages.com/]Battleships Forever Ships[/url]
[url=http://majordiarrhia.googlepages.com/]Sword of the Stars Mods[/url]
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

I love the ship designs, but there are a few things I'm noticing. These are my suggestions:

1. Make that big wall ship battleship class, and give it less pieces to make up the wall. I suggest elongating some of the pieces there, so you can reduce the number of Aegis Shields. Up the HP a bit more too.

2. The bulldog should be toned down in weapons, and piece number. A lot. It has too many weapons-about as much as your average battleship. I can't even count the piece number, but it's way too high. Other than that, I like the design. It suits the name well, but it seems to be stepping on the territory of the new Hestia Alpha.

3. The Turtle should have less Aegis Shields, and longer wall pieces. I'd give it some weapons: at least a Blaster or 2.

4. Your Rhino is great. I love it's design, but tone it's HP a bit. 450 would be good.

5. Valkryie. I love the ship. The design is easy on the eyes. Tone it's speed down a bit. It's faster than most patrol ships. I'd change the speed to around 3.70.

6. Unamed Patrol Craft. Looks fine. Tone down the speed a bit. 5.50 or so should do.

Well, that's my criticism. You don't have to take my suggestions, but you seem to be asking for our opinion by posting them here.
slamscape
Ensign
Ensign

Post by slamscape »

No like I said, they are still works in progress.

1. I was thinking about moving the wall to the battleship class, I don't really like elongating the pieces too much, they start to look kind of bleh when you do that, but I'll def see what I can do.

2. What if I was to make the bulldog a BS, maybe take away a set of blasters and add some PD or maybe add another weapon type? Cause right now it really can't stand up to the current BS.

3. The turtle is still a new design, I'll try out some of the things you suggested

I'll tone down the speeds on the other two ships as well and tone down the armor on the rhino.

I'll probably post downloads soon so everyone can try them out and make some more comments.
Captain Trek
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Captain Trek »

Rhino: I'm not sure really. I like the design, but I can't really say if it's balanced or not. The beamers being able to fire foward had me worried, but on the other hand, this ship doesn't have any of the PD that the Cronus has. Then again again, it has defelctors, but then again again again, they can easily be overwhelmed due to the Rhino's design, but thena again again again again, it's pretty much only going to have the toward prongs with the gat blasters on them facing the enemy if it's attacked from the front... so I really don't know... I would say it's a tad too fast though...

Bulldog: It's overdesigned and way too powerful for a destroyer. Removing the sections on the side would be a good first step to alleviating the overdesigned feel of it...

The Wall: I can see the use, but it's awfully ugly...

Turtle: This one's much more pleasant looking than 'the Wall'. It's like a destroyer vesion of the Peitho ij a way... I don't mind it...

Valkryie: I like the design. I would have said the gat pulses make it unbalanced, but this ship doesn't have any PD. Still, maybe you should replace them with normal ones... and do slow it down... say to 2.5 or 2.75. That way it's faster than other destroyers but still not as fast as patrol craft because, frankly, destroyers can't be and aren't supposed to be as fast as patrol craft...

Unnamed patrol craft: It's ok I guess, but it's too fast and too much like the Proteus. I'd say don't bother any further with it...
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

RHINO - I like it

Bulldog - maby a bit too many blasters?

Wall - A very usefull ship...as long as you keep it between your other ships and the enemy :wink:

turtle - same as wall

Valkyrie - a nice one. no real comments
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Antimatter
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Antimatter »

Posting the links for custom ships would be nice

Maybe zip for anything above three ships
slamscape
Ensign
Ensign

Post by slamscape »

I will definitely upload these ships, I just wanted to get some opinions and make some tweaks before I released them to the public. I'll probably have the download available sometime next week.