The Legion

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Impeders do not drain. Even when stuned by Frosch. They just don't. Same applies to Aegis shielding.

Fast shielding I never toyed with before. But I'll look into it.

Well, how do you want the Frosch gun to work? My Module Energy Modding Track record is not super either, but maybe I can help?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Ixranin wrote: Issues:
-The Flash Shielding on the Type B Fatal Quickening doesn't work because modding module energy appears to have no effect.
So your trying to mod a deflector so that it comes on to protect a section for a second or two, then is drained and has to recharge? If so thats a great idea cuz I get sick of ships with a dozen deflectors that stay on for dayz.
I'll fool around with it but can you set the cost of activation to be very close to the default energy? So it activates but only has like 2% power to work with before it drops? If nothing works it may just be broken but still an interesting concept.
*edit* bah, either I'm not entering the right amounts or it really is broken...
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

A significant portion of the module stats are hard coded game even though the editor lets you think you're changing them. Deflectors, for example, can only have their recharge value editted. For some, only one value is ignored, meaning you can still control it by scaling the others, but it's frustrating to diagnose and do. So I tried to make flash shielding before and got my ego bruised when it wouldn't let me. Wanna make something of it?
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

TheBlueEcho wrote:Well, how do you want the Frosch gun to work? My Module Energy Modding Track record is not super either, but maybe I can help?
It'd basically be a Frosch with an extremely long duration, but also an extremely long recharge time and a low projectile speed. (Probably ~65) The Projectile speed I know works, but I haven't worked on the other two yet, mainly since I got stuck on the Deflector and Impeder issues and stopped doing much module modding after that.
mtheminja wrote:A significant portion of the module stats are hard coded game even though the editor lets you think you're changing them. Deflectors, for example, can only have their recharge value editted. For some, only one value is ignored, meaning you can still control it by scaling the others, but it's frustrating to diagnose and do.
This appears to be the case, so we'll probably just have to wait and see if BSF2's system is more open to such modding.

Also whoo, an emblem:

TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Ixranin wrote:
TheBlueEcho wrote:Well, how do you want the Frosch gun to work? My Module Energy Modding Track record is not super either, but maybe I can help?
It'd basically be a Frosch with an extremely long duration, but also an extremely long recharge time and a low projectile speed. (Probably ~65) The Projectile speed I know works, but I haven't worked on the other two yet, mainly since I got stuck on the Deflector and Impeder issues and stopped doing much module modding after that.
Try setting the Frosch Reload time to 0.01 (by editing the string), and setting the stun duration to around 900 (~30 sec.) to 1800 (~1 min.). See if that gets you near your expectations.

IMO Projectile speed at 65 seems kind of fast, since it's based on your number = how many pixels it moves across the screen per frame.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

65 is less than an inch on screen, so it shouldn't miss any ships that aren't super shrunk.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

TheBlueEcho wrote:IMO Projectile speed at 65 seems kind of fast, since it's based on your number = how many pixels it moves across the screen per frame.
I thought Projectile speed was scaled depending on the weapon, with 100 being default speed.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

It is for weapons, not for modules. I'm pretty sure projectile speed for modules is pixels-per-frame.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

This is completely unrelated, but I don't feel like making another thread for just one ship.

Me spoofing the ships of BlackRidge Pharmaceuticals, since he seems to have gone missing, at least for now.

The Plasmas and Mega Beams are decorational, and I see a layering issue caused by mirroring in the front.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Dang, that looks GOOD.
Hege
Commander
Commander

Post by Hege »

Dang, that looks GOOD.
I second this motion.

Thats amazing.

Though the cyan section 07's near the middle don't fit in my opinion.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/ddoxt0.gif[/img]
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

Is the outline an effect he photoshopped in?
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

uh no its not. hes just very good with the outlining technique.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Empty wrote:Is the outline an effect he photoshopped in?
Blasphemy!

Anyhoo, that is one sweet ship. :shock:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Thanks, let's see:
Hege wrote:Though the cyan section 07's near the middle don't fit in my opinion.
The sections are actually black and hidden beneath all the plating, that's just the boosters. I can try seeing if any other colors match better though.
Empty wrote:Is the outline an effect he photoshopped in?
I only use "Overlay" when Photoshopping BSF pics. :P And I didn't overlay that one.