The Dae'Dilus: A series by D00D! (Newbie here)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

D00D!
Commander
Commander

The Dae'Dilus: A series by D00D! (Newbie here)

Post by D00D! »

THIS IS MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT TO CRAFT A STORY WITH MY CUSTOM SHIPS. :wink:

Anyway, I've been designing ships for sometime now but this is the very first time i'm releasing my ships into the wilderness of the internet. In anycase, I'm placing my ships in a coherrent storyline so they don't really get ravaged by trolls. :evil:

The first ships that will be feature in this story is the Dae'Dilus, my best, biggest, most overpowered ship ever made. (Hey i gonna have to start off with a bang right? :D ) In anycase, the first episode is gonna come up soon. Be patient, photobucket takes a long time to up load!

Pardon the wierdness of the plot, i'm a child writer at heart. :D :oops:
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Re: The Dae'Dilus: A series by D00D! (Newbie here)

Post by Anna »

D00D! wrote:THIS IS MY VERY FIRST ATTEMPT TO CRAFT A STORY WITH MY CUSTOM SHIPS. :wink:
Typically, we don't care about a thread until there's actually a ship posted in it.
Anyway, I've been designing ships for sometime now but this is the very first time i'm releasing my ships into the wilderness of the internet. In anycase, I'm placing my ships in a coherrent storyline so they don't really get ravaged by trolls. :evil:
That's nice, but I don't actually see any ship here.
The first ships that will be feature in this story is the Dae'Dilus, my best, biggest, most overpowered ship ever made. (Hey i gonna have to start off with a bang right? :D ) In anycase, the first episode is gonna come up soon. Be patient, photobucket takes a long time to up load!
Why is it that people feel the need to put unnecessary apostraphes into names, to try and make them sound more exotic? It just comes off as looking and sounding like you're a try-hard. As a note, no one cares about how overpowered your ship is, as making a powerful ship isn't hard. As to biggest, well... I doubt it.
Pardon the wierdness of the plot, i'm a child writer at heart. :D :oops:
Please stop abusing the emoticons.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Episode 1: The begining

Post by D00D! »

On the Planet New Cambridge, Headquarters of the United Planets Science Department.

Atlus was nervous, very nervous. This had been the first time he had ever and most likely only time he has to handle such an affair of importance. Despite being typically calm even among his race of Pelicuns, Atlus has yet to overcome the anxiety within him.

"Atlus, the meeting will start in FIVE, FOUR, THREE,TWO,ONE"

And there he stood, facing the representives of all seven major races. The stern face of Lancelot, leader of the Lupins stared back at him and for a momment Atlus was tempted to call of the meeting just to avoid those cold dark eyes.

"You have summoned us Prof Atlus?" asked Seline, representive of the Great Clan of Hiss.

"YYees, but of courrrrse. Arrreee allll of us he-heere?", Atlus stumbled in his sentence. "Very well, we shall begin."

"Today, the UP has summoned all of the major races here because of a sudden threat that have arosed in the A-7 sector."

"A-7. That is one of the most remote part of the galaxy, the only thing of intrest there is the Ruins of Wyrdysm. Surely you did not summoned us here just to discuss a pile of rubbles and antiques?" Exclaimed Haluu, leader of the Industrious (And some say arrogant) Hippons.

"Well, you are correct, we are here to discuss a recent change in the Ruins. For those who don't know, the Ruins of Wyrdysm is one of the largest ruins of the first age. It also happen to be one of the least explored because of this"

"In particular, the heavy concentration of inactive ships as well as the presence of an Alien Levitahan has discourged any goverment from doing active research. Morever, that area is also close to the home planet of an indegious species whic-"

"Would you cut to the chase? What's so important about a bunch of primitve and inactive ships that we should worry about?". It was Cornack, Lord of the Tortians. Atlus was annoyed but he could see the futility in boring his audience any furthur.

"This change we are talking about happened around 6 starhours ago, a gigantic and immense alien ship appeared within the ruins."

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll16 ... reen03.jpg[/IMG][/img]
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Oops

Post by D00D! »

You can't see the last pic, let me repost it again.

Anyway, back to story.

Eps 2: Dae'Dalius Emerge

All around the council, each of the representive expressed shock. Some of them have actually fainted.

Atlus countinued, "As you can see, this ship of unknown origin mysteriously appeared within the ruins. Shortly after, all inactive ships were reactivated, and engage this foregin vessel but.."

IMG]http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll16 ... reen08.jpg[/IMG]

"The battle was over within 5 starseconds. It is clear that whatever this ship is, it possess weaponary far exceeding us. Some of it is even is impossible in theory. Our sciencetist are trying to pin down its exact power and have come up with this stimulation."

"As you can see, its-"

"Enough of this drivel, we know that its is powerful beyond all measure, what we want to know is where is it and why is here!" The council was very agitated. The sight of the ship was enough to frighten most of the more peaceful races, but to see it in combat was enough to scare even the most warlike of races.

"I know what it is...." All attention turned towards Doupig, General of the Pig armada yet still a child.

"It is Dae'Dilus, the death of the galaxy."
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

That is your ship? :lol: Interesting design, although the weapons covering every inch of its hull make it look downright hideous. You do know that you can edit them to be more powerful, so you don't need so many of the damn things, don't you? Anyway, do you intend to post a download for this ship?
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Post by D00D! »

Yeah, i know it has alot of weapons but thats the point, all of it is overpowered and modifed to the extreme. It is my BIGGEST MOST OVERPOWERED SHIP OF ALL.

The screanshots are just a taste of what it can do.I'll be showcasing its diffrent weapons by type over diffrent episodes. Be paitent, i have to make an entire new fleet for each episode and race to be demolished by the Dae'dilus :cry:

Oh and BTW: Its more tha 1 MB in size for the files, you're need liquid oxygen and a nuclear powerplant to run it at full power :roll:

Anyway, I plan to release the Dae'Dilus specs over each episode. When the series ends, im gonna give it up for download.

For now, pls wait paitently for the next race's fleets to be destroyed. I'm gonna design each of them to be as unique as I can. That's seven diffrent type of fleets and maybe i'll throw in a bonus one or two.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

Shape isn't too bad. I hope the parenting isn't messed up.
It needs more guns though. You can still see bits of the hull showing underneath. (this is sarcasm for the sarcasm-impaired)
Last edited by Droid on Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ai_512
Commander
Commander

Post by Ai_512 »

Needs fewer, more powerful weapons.
It appears you know how to mod them so do so because as of now, well... we can't see the hull
:roll:
For a good example of a powerful ship with few weapons check this thread:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2113
See? Those ships (The Synapse Fleet) manage to be extremely powerful with very few, heavily modded weapons
[img]http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/NerdofChaos/Ai541.png[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=61047#61047]Ai's Ships 'n Fleets[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2664]My New Fleet[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Okay. I have a very distinct feeling that the parenting on that...thing is horrid. Apart from that, weapons coverage is an issue, although the design itself is very interesting. Absolutely not bad for a first-timer.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

First off, a parenting picture of Shipmaker is in order, or we'll never know for sure if you screwed up the entire ship due to parenting errors. And personally, I would say it's a nicely-built hull, but the weapon coating on it is akin to...desecrating a painting. Though I do understand you want complete imba on your ship, covering it in craploads of weaponry isn't aesthetic at all. Perhaps a little modding.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Preview!

Post by D00D! »

Preview to Ep3: Attack On Hiss!

After wasting the better part of the afternoon, i finally finished the Hiss fleet.

For those intrested in the Hiss, read on. If you just care about the ships skip the next paragragh.

The Hiss are a relatively new race in the United Planets. Ruled by a martiarch, the Hiss were discovered only when early Pelicun Vessels penetrated the Siltherin Nebula. With a dense nebula as a natrual defense, the Hiss managed to develop Ion based weapons inspired by the natrual Ion storms that occur within the nebula as well as exotic Tau weaponary. The average Hiss are similar to the creature 'Snakes' that had lived during the mythical age known as 'Earth'

From Left to right (Or from biggest to smallest)

1: 'Basilk' Hiss Battleship
2: 'Cobra' Hiss Tatical Destroyer
3: 'Diamond Back' Hiss Heavy Assult Destroyer
4: 'Copperhead' Hiss Heavy Bomber
5: 'Viper' Hiss Light Fighter

Okay now for the Details:

'Baslik' Hiss BattleShip:
Rare are the occasion where the 'Basilk' is needed, rarer are the situation in which the 'Basilk' does not prevail. Armed to the teath with ion tech and a massive Tau cannon, foes should fear the Basilk's gaze.

Weapons:

8 Mass Ion Stormer:
Ion Stormer generates fast moving clouds of Ion. Usually the Clouds takes time to form, however each cloud helps fuel the next until the enermy is enveloped in a gigantic storm of ion cluds.

4 Flanker Cannon:
Flanker Cannons are unqiue to the Hiss, shots fired from it curve either left or right to hit anthing that trys to flank it

4 Ion Cannon:
Ion cannon shoots out clouds of Ion that quickly tears apart enermy ships.

'Cobra' Hiss Tatical Destroyer:
An extremely fast destroyer, the 'Cobra' can lay waste to unexpecting ships by incrediably fast flanker Cannons. Its special nature makes it the only ship in the HIss Fleet with the Muon Wave generators.

Weapons:

12 Micro Flanker cannons:
Micro Flanker Cannons works exactly the same way as Flanker Cannons, except faster and more accurate

2 Micro Ion Stormer:
Works exactly the same way as the normal sized ones

2 Muon Wave generator
Exclusive to the 'Cobra' Muon waves are extremly damaging projectiles, the down side is that they are slow as Turtons

'Diamondback' Hiss Heavy Assualt Destroyer:
The 'Diamondback' makes full use of Tau tech, becoming a massive artillery platform. Heavy Flank Cannon makes sure that the flanks have good protection. Its only weakness is its slow speed and rear.

Weapons:
4 Tau Nova Cannon:
Bigger, better and overall more destructive than the original Tau Cannon

2 Heavy Flanker Cannons:
Desigend to destroy medium sized ship, the heavy ion balls tells its foes not to fool around

4 Ion cannon:
Same as before
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Not bad, not bad at all. Though you may want to crop those pictures in the future.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
D00D!
Commander
Commander

Preview! Part 2

Post by D00D! »

The 2nd part of the Hiss Fleet!

'Viper' Hiss Light Fighter
The Viper represents Hiss Military at its purest, relying on indirect weaponary rather than brute force

Weapons:
2 Flanker Cannon:
Same as before

2 Ion Cannon:
Same as before

'Copperback' Hiss Heavy Bomber
The 'Copperead' uses ion technoldogy at its most brutal. Most ships are shreded when straying too close to the ion storms. It also as prototype tau weaponary.

Weapons:
2 Ion Cannon:
Same as before

2 Micro Stormer:
Same as before only smaller

2 Tau Cannon:
Same as before only smaller.

For those intrested in the actual weapon firing, here are a couple of screanshots

Tau Supernova Cannon charging

Tau Supernova Cannon Firing

Ion Stormer at maximum rate of fire

For those who wish to download the Hiss Fleet, the address is below

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... t_Pack.zip

Final Note: I don't even know why i bother to make it so detailed, its all gonna be destroyed in 5 seconds by Dae'Dilus anyway :roll:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

CROP. THE. PICTURES. What's the point in a massive picture if you only have a small ship to show?
Da Don Mega
Commander
Commander

Post by Da Don Mega »

Not Bad. But i agree that the daedilus needs a bit of work on its weapons
I AM THE DON MEGA... and I find your lack of faith disturbing!
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg[/img]

"Better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."