Question topic

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anty
Commander
Commander

Question topic

Post by Anty »

because of the many questions posted in this forum as seperate topics, it seemed good to collect them all in one topic.

The purpose of this topic:

Here you may ask your questions about shipbuilding that are not covered by the FAQ, other players will then try to answer your question
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Okay, FYI, this topic has been made a thousand times already, and however it's a good idea, people just don't pay attention. That said, the questions that are to be answered here have already been answered a thousand times over on the forums, all you need to do is LOOK. There's a search button up there and there's the ctrl-f function.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Eaglehaslanded
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Eaglehaslanded »

Which happens to be really annoying to use on account of the fact that it doesn't let you search multiple times without waiting between searches, and it's really useless at finding things anyway.
[img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/Eaglehaslanded11/miserybanner2output.png[/img]
Pete
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pete »

Eaglehaslanded wrote:Which happens to be really annoying to use on account of the fact that it doesn't let you search multiple times without waiting between searches, and it's really useless at finding things anyway.
You got to admit, hes got a point there...
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=38337#38337][img]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb89/Pete1001/DarzBannerSmall.png[/img][/url]
Those are my encounters. Bloody hell, does ANYONE play those things?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

And the solution:
all you need to do is LOOK
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Eaglehaslanded
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Eaglehaslanded »

*sifts through 1129 threads* :wink:
[img]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk289/Eaglehaslanded11/miserybanner2output.png[/img]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

There's a few threads which should answer most questions.

Beginner's Guide

Custom Weapon Stats

Weapons and Modules Guide

Basic Ship Maker Info

Good Shipbuilding

Screenshot Guide

Forum Rules

Otherwise, PM a mod or senior member, they're sure to be happy to answer one or two questions, it's better than a whole new thread.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

then why do I see lots of questions still beeing posted as seperate threads in this forum?

having a thread where people just ask their questions will solve that forum clutter
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Anty wrote:having a thread where people just ask their questions will solve that forum clutter
Logical contradiction. If they have queries, asking someone via PM is good enough.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
See317
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by See317 »

How is it a logical contradiction MC?
Right now, there are 3 threads on the first page (4 if you count this one) asking questions. Having a single thread for these questions seems like it would be much less cluttered. Maybe my logic works differently then yours though.

As to PMing questions, who would you suggest be "On call"? I mean, who would you recomend they PM to get a helpful answer rather then a hateful bitch-filled rant on how to use the search? Having an open thread for questions allows anyone who is online to choose whether or not to toss in their 2 cents as well as providing a single thread that a new user could search for information before they asked a question, as opposed to sending them to 7 different threads that might have an answer or telling them to use the search.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

See317 wrote:How is it a logical contradiction MC?
This thread is forum clutter. Most of the questions asked here can be easily solved by looking harder or asking someone. That's forum clutter too.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

What we need is a nice, big thread, stickied at the top of every BSF forum, that is titled "READ THIS FIRST, YOU DAMN DIRTY APES", and lists the answers to all these commonly asked questions that we've answered a thousand times before.

Just an idea. :|
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Anna wrote:What we need is a nice, big thread, stickied at the top of every BSF forum, that is titled "READ THIS FIRST, YOU DAMN DIRTY APES", and lists the answers to all these commonly asked questions that we've answered a thousand times before.
Yep.

It would have to be an "Announcement Sticky", not a Sticky Sticky, so it can be more noticed. Otherwise it will go like dust to the wind to some people.

And if they don't see that then there Damned.
Last edited by TheBlueEcho on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

I'd go for a Global Announcement instead.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Spoot Knight wrote:I'd go for a Global Announcement instead.
That's Better.