Swede's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Swede's Ships

Post by Swede »

Hey everyone. First fleet, first ships, yadda yadda. If there's anything you think could make 'em better, don't hold back.

The Papacy has existed since the beginning of time. At least, that's what they'd tell you.

A long time ago, before man had taken to his new home in the stars, the Pope wasn't the leader of a nation, but the leader of a church. Even then, though, he held incredible power, able to spur a neutral nation to war or force peace on countries that had made war for ages. However, the Pope, in order to force his religion on the residents of our home world, lost so long ago, united the nations who belonged to his church and, through them, conquered the world. Soon after, like a wave, the church's forces swept through the solar system, annexing or destroying every colony in it's way.

Now, the Pope rules our galaxy absolutely, and even on the outermost fringes of the galaxy, there's no scarcity of Imperial Patrol Craft. But it is on these outer-rim planets where a revolution is brewing, and the brave men and women of the Heretic's Union have begun converting every ship they can get their hands on into weapons of war, with which they intend to wage a war against the church, and, if need be, against god himself.

The Fleet of the Imperial Papacy
1. Cross Fighter
The smallest, weakest ships in the Pope's fleet. Generally reserved for major offensives as cannon fodder, or as flank guards.

2. Cross Bomber
Weaker than a fighter, but with a heavier weapons load-out. Often used as long-range support, hiding behind the battleships and firing missile salvos, or to flank an enemy with fighter support.

3. Temple Mobile Defense Platform
When facing a foe superior in firepower, the Church will often field their Mobile Defense Platforms. They have no offensive armaments, but are nearly impenetrable from the front.

4. Faith-class Patrol Cruiser
The most prevalent of Papal forces, Patrol Cruisers can be seen in bulk anywhere from Mars to the Outer-Rim. The bread-and-butter of the Papal forces.

5. Crusader-class Assault Cruiser
The biggest and most powerful of the Church's mass-produced ships. Capable of fending off large fleets of small ships, but less effective against equally-sized cruisers.

6. Cargo Freighter
A widely-used cargo transport. Fields no weaponry, thus relying on other ships to defend it.

7. The Rapture
The Pope's personal transport. No ship in the galaxy can single-handedly stand against it, and because it's never left on it's own, it is rarely challenged.

Heretic's Union
1. SynTech 'Linx'
Developed by SynTech, a computer company, to connect their databases into one seamless network, the Linx's heavy armor, originally designed to withstand the battering of asteroids, proved effective enough for the Union to begin outfitting them in bulk. Makes up the majority of the Heretic Fleet.

2. Astronautical Sporting Corporation 'S-100'
The S-100 was built for speed, and thus can easily outrun any other ship in the known galaxy. The Union usually employs them as messengers and scouts, though in times of need a mass of them can generate enough fire to equal a larger ship.

3. Testudo-class Armed Mobile Shield
Built from the remains of Papal ships, the Testudo utilizes miniature Dark Matter Reactors to create a nearly impenetrable force-field. Presently the shield fails when stretched over larger surfaces than the Testudo, and uses too much energy to be used in mass to shield a single ship.

4. Terra Galactica Trading Craft Mark 2 (TGT-2)
One of the cheapest light freighters on the galactic market, the TGT-2's compulsory freight containers are perfect for deploying attack drones.

5. Bluth Astral Construction Enforcer
The Union's largest widely-available ship, a group of Enforcers is a capable opponent for anything it might run into. Though originally designed to protect the interests of the Bluth business against competitors, the Enforcer has proven an effective weapon against the Papal fleets.

6. Bluth Astral Constuction Annihilator
Developed just before the Bluth Company began building ships for the Union, the Annihilator is the only ship believed to be capable of opposing the 'Rapture'.

UPDATE:
Here's another ship I've done recently, though I don't think I'm going to include it with these fleets. It's called the 'Zeus'. Still trying to get the Giant Railgun on the back to work right.

Last edited by Swede on Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

if that's your first time, they are looking good. Did you parent 'em properly? :lol: just asking
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Crosses are fail. The rest is fine for a first-timer, but if you want a defensive shield wall, use larger pieces for more effectiveness. Number six could use a few more guns.

Welcome to the forums.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Hiant: I haven't gotten around to much testing, but they should be parented correctly. I'll see about getting a DL tomorrow though, in case anyone wants to try 'em out themselves.

Also, I fixed the glow effect thing, so the pic doesn't accurately reflect the color scheme in-game anymore.

EDIT: ArcaneDude: Yeah, they were the first thing I did, and they ended up coming out like shit. As for the defensive ship, I wanted it more as a moving shield then a wall, as most of the HU ships are small, fast, more guerrilla-type ships.
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Updated
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

The rapture is quite nice and a definite improvement
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Thanks. :P Updated
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

I like the fighter crosses, they're hilarious.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Hilariously awful, amiright?
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Major Update. IP ships are done.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Re: The Imperial Papacy

Post by Spoot Knight »

Swede wrote:No ship in the galaxy can single-handedly stand against it, and because it's never left on it's own, it is rarely challenged.

O rly? :twisted:

I'm liking those mounts for the GatBlasters.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Thanks. Those semi-circles are bastards to try and arrange the right way, though. :x
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

You do know that you cann use the 'edit' tab to rotate thrusters right? It would good on the Faith's outer thrusters.
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Swede
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Swede »

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm using an outdated version of the ship editor, or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong spot. Here's a picture of my edit tab with a thruster selected.

Also, if anyone wouldn't mind helping a n00b, I still don't know how to change the weapon colors. :?
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

You're looking at the wrong spot. See the "ADD" tab at the side, next to the section selection thing? And the "EDIT" tab right below it...?
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]