MRA; Second Gen on page 21

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Interesting story?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:54 am

Yay!
100%
Nay.
No votes

Total votes: 12

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

The Lightbringer is currently going through a phase of upgrading, modification and rebalance. Examples include expansion of it's laser arrays and addition of new heavy weaponry.

New weapons include addition of the Borealis Array (an expansion on the mid-forward Sustained Beam Cannon Array) and a prototype Ion Torpedo Launcher. The ITL has a slow reload, but launches very powerful shots that are almost impossible to properly intercept.

Other modifications include power amplification to the foremost beam arrays to ensure they deal as much damage as possible, whilst directing some power away from the outrigger mounted sustained beam cannons due to the fact they see less use in short battles.

Several new SBC Turrets have been added, also.

Important Memo: Thanks to alterations in the powergrid and the feed system of the existing ELLIS projectors, we have been able to add two additional ELLIS projectors to the central array. The current projectors have been modified for increased rate of fire by reducing the energy expenditure per shot; however, this has reduced their maximum range, as the lower-powered beam loses cohesion sooner.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MAGGOTS need to make more offerings!

~~

Orion Shipyards Lightbringer-class Heavy Destroyer

Data:
Name: Lightbringer-class Heavy Destroyer
HP: 2500
Speed: 1.50
Turning: 0.30
AI Range: 1000
Accel: 0.03
Description:
Number of sections: 121
Total HP: 279669.53
Number of weapons: 51
Number of modules: 21

Armaments:
4x Forward-Firing Sustained Beam Cannon
6x Medium Sustained Beam Cannon
4x Sustained Beam Cannon Turret
1x Borealis Array (consists of 6 modified Beam Cannons)
8x MAC Turret
8x LRM2x6 Turret
1x Ion Torpedo Launcher

Defenses:
4x ELLIS Projector
10x PHALANX ACPD Turret
1x Deflector Array (8 Deflectors)

--

And announcing a new addition!

Orion Shipyards Guardian-class Destroyer

Data:
Name: Guardian Destroyer
HP: 2850
Speed: 1.35
Turning: 0.45
AI Range: 1500
Accel: 0.02
Description:
Number of sections: 96
Total HP: 254204.91
Number of weapons: 31
Number of modules: 19

Armaments:
8x Linear MAC
2x Linear MAC Hardpoint
6x Conventional MAC Turret
1x Twinbarrel Heavy Linear MAC Turret

Defenses:
2x ELLIS Projector
12x PHALANX ACPD Turret
1x Deflector Array (6 Deflectors)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Arcalane wrote:MAGGOTS need to make more offerings!
Exactly.

And I am very pleased with those designs! MRA approves \o/
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

OberDreadnought; I'll be stealing the design.

Cheers!
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I'm doing the write up myself, as Ara is a lazy person.~AD
no fuck you ~Ara

Crown Colony class CFC

Manufacturer; Kora Inlet Drive Yards
Class; Cruiser, Fast/Command

Manufactured by a prestigious Aralonian contractor, the Crown Colony is a prime example of the fourth generation of Aralonian engineering. It was also the first 4th Generation ship to be revealed to the public, during 308 AEC at a naval review over the world of Saris IV.

The Crown Colony can fullfill many roles; it is well armed, has good armour capatbilities and is outfitted with precise point-defense systems and deflector shield emitters. It boasts several Aralonian beam weapons, as well as powerful bolt cannons. (Tech reports on these weapons are classified as of yet.)

Armament;

-Nuclear torpedo launcher 2x
-RG-550-L135Mk5 550mm railcannon 7x
-Primary lithium-ion heavy beam cannon 1x
-Secondary lithium-ion beam cannon 2x
-Continuous-wave lithium-ion beam arrays 2x
-PD-LSR-Mk8 Orbital Defense System-derived Mk.8 point defense laser 3x

Equipment;

-Independant Auxiliary Reactors for boosting weapon output 2x (IAR's)
-8 Reactive Armour generators (described in Aralonian Technology post)
-4 Kora Inlet Drive Yards P3X-II Series sublight ion/plasma torch drives
-1 Kora Inlet Drive Yards Einstein Rotation Drive
-2 Reutonian Enterprises secondary fusion batteries
-Gravitic drive for maneuvering attitude control

This hull has been specially modified from the basic Crown Colony for export, removing some of the particle beam arrays for improved performance of the gravitic and sublight thrusters.
Last edited by Aralonia on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
DR nibbles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DR nibbles »

These ships look very nice.

I don't like the look on the first set.

But the second and third set looks awsome.

Well they ALL look awsome i hope DL comes soon so i can battle it. :D
as soon as i saw this game i downloaded it :D
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Orion Shipyards Arbalest-class Torpedo Destroyer.

Data:
Name: Arbalest-class Torpedo Destroyer
HP: 3100
Speed: 1.10
Turning: 0.40
AI Range: 1000
Accel: 0.02
Description:
Number of sections: 122
Total HP: 331516.04
Number of weapons: 40
Number of modules: 25

Armaments:
3x 100m Repeating MAC Cannon
6x 75mm MAC Cannon
14x LRM-5x2 Turret
3x Heavy Ion Torpedo Projector

Defenses:
2x ELLIS Projector
12x PHALANX ACPD Turret
2x Deflector Array (4 Deflectors each, Total; 8)

The new Arbalest-class Torpedo Destroyer is one of Orion Shipyard's finest ships yet. It's triple battery of Heavy Ion Torpedo Launchers may consume nearly a third of the ship's total power output, but their firepower is immense; each projector alone boasts twice the firepower of the projector used on the Lightbringer-class Heavy Destroyer, albeit with an extended recharge period.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

With permissions from ArcaneDude.
----------------------------------------------------------

<center> The Pandora Corporation presents the MRA a kind token of there appreciation and support in the help to restore the Alliance.

The Lang Syne Redux

The Lang Syne R is the Successor to the Original Lang Syne, featuring similar qualities, with better design. Using the Latest engine developed by our R&D, the RCD (Revolving Crystal Drive), this ship features a decent amount of agility and speed despite size, and doesn't require large amounts fuels like the first. It also features the new-type Spearhead Hood to the front of the hull, which provides increased protection alongside a nice appeal.Each Variant comes Standard with the Quick firing Needle Guns, Ion Coil guns and Blasters, along with the devastating Daybreak Beams to coat Enemy hulls with Firepower. Turret Enhancers have also be installed, to increase the Damage output of the foward weapons.

Variants Alpha and Beta also comes with twin Auxiliary Laser Deployers, which fire Autonomous Spearbeam Torpedoes that fire at a target from a range, and rebuild quickly. However only Alpha comes with the Condensed EMP Emitter, and Beta with the Seether Railgun. Variant Delta Sacrifices the Laser Deployers and 2 Ion Coil guns, in exchange for 2 more Seethers, akin to the original Lang Syne Model.

Layout
-- Offensive --
8x Needle Guns
6x Daybreak Beams
4x Ion Coil guns (2x Variant Delta)
2x Ion Blasters
2x Auxiliary Laser Deployers (Omit Variant Delta)
2x Acute Lasers
1x Spreader Cannon
1x Seether Railgun (Variant Beta, 3x Variant Delta)

-- Defensive --
14x Deflectors
2x Point Destroyers
4x Flak Cannons

-- Modular --
1x Condensed EMP Emitter (Variant Alpha)
2x Turret Enhancers

-- Imagery --
Alpha Model
Delta Model
Original Lang Syne
Cancelled Refit </center>
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

don't know, maybe overdid it, but meh.

The Oiron SGC Mothership.
In Action <,<
Backstory:
After years, the Humans found the anicents through the Stargate Atlantis. Th Anicents were one of the Alliance of Four Great Races. The Alliance was formed from the Anicents, Azgard, Furlings and the Nox. However, the anicents built a great mothership with a Stargate. With this great mothership called Oiron SGC (Stargate Center) Mothership, they drove many evil races away from the Pegasus Galaxy. After the evil races were draw away, they buried the Ship on an Unknown Planet. In time, the Humans found the ship. They learned to control it, and found the Stargate on the Oiron SGC Mothership. Althrough there was no Goa'uld or other races left, they use the ship to destroy the Aliens. In time, they will learn to use the Stargate, but not yet. Shall the Destiny chose the time of the Stargate Opening.

Description:
The Orion SGC (Stargate Center) Mothership, was build by the Anicents. The ship has it's power by the Stargate model 2, and it's made that the adress doesn't change. Famous for it's great Weasel Storm.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

That submission isn't valid for several reasons;

1- it sucks. I'm sorry to say it, but that's the impression I get on those screenshots.
2- It's a Stargate ship. HOW THE FUCK DOES A STARGATE SHIP FIT INTO THE MRA STORYLINE? It doesn't even look like the Orion.
3- Weasel spam.
4- (not exactly a reson, but still) HORRID. BACKSTORY.

Shall I admit this?

Image Image Image Image Image

Then njet it is.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

that looks a teeeeeeeny bit overpowered.

also it is very yellow.

edit:
also, am I allowed to upload multiple ships + variants?
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

The ship design is not bad, i like how the weapons look when they fire but the back story makes no bloody sense :?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@Drone Fragger: Hmmmm. As a new member, I believe it would be more advizeable for you to make your own thread with your own ships before doing commissions.
Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

...But I thought you said anyone could do a ship for the MRA?
Drone_Fragger
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Drone_Fragger »

ArcaneDude wrote:@Drone Fragger: Hmmmm. As a new member, I believe it would be more advizeable for you to make your own thread with your own ships before doing commissions.
Bah, I didn't mean that, I just meant can we do more than one ship for the MRA or whatever.

Edit: well I guess I can try with this ship right:

BLASTECH MINING CORP. PROUDLY PRESENTS:

THE NIHLANTH; CONVERTED MINING HEAVY CRUISER

That's right, now you too can own this marvel of mining Technology, Proudly converted for warfare to defend the MRA from marauding alien scum! With it's batteries of our own patented high energy heavy duty asteroid destroying plasma cannons (Converted to target and destroy ships with long range firepower) and strong armour and micro-roid destroying space lasers (tuned to shoot at enemy projectiles) , no ship can best this asteroid stripping beast in combat!*

*unless they have deflectors or any form of shielding or armour, but tha's cheating so it doesn't count.

Features:
- 6 x 0.5Gw Plasma cannons (3 per broadside)
- 8 x 190Mw Plasma cannons (4 per broadside, with 2 being able to fire directly forward also)
- 30 x 90Mw Plasma cannons (15 per broadside, with 10 able to fire forward)
- 4 x 5kt Torpedo Launchers
- Totally awesome* Broadside technology (hey, when you want to make a mining ship that can target asteroids from all directions with single turrets please tell us how)
- A complete lack of deflectors! (Why do we need weapons grade anti-projectile shielding on our mining vessels are you silly or something)
- Lots of tiny micro beams for melting asteroids (and weapons) into harmless dust before they punch holes in our wonderful spaceship! (and make it explode)
*May not be awesome depending on if the enemy utilises this to concentrate fire onto vulnerable sections with ease
So, if you Hate deflectors, and hate enemies, then you'll love the NIHLANTH HEAVY CRUISER (hooray)

So yeah, this is meant to be the same class as the Typhoon, but when fighting it, victory seems to depend on either:
- The Typhoon oneshotting several point defences at once so that a failure curve happens and the Nihlanth explodes.
- The Nihlanth managing to hit the back part of the Typhoon enough for the Typhoons main ultra fast Missile launchers to blow up.
however, it does seem to be pretty balenced, as the large number of Point defences offsets the deflectors, and if the enemy puts deflectors on their own ships sections, then the plasma cannons can't deal enough damage to cause them to explode outright, or flank them like torpedos do. Also, that is a custom green colour, it isn't the default one (although it looks exactly the same, I just like that green)
Last edited by Drone_Fragger on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:29 am, edited 2 times in total.