my first fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

my first fleet

Post by hazelwooder »

these are my first few ships i have created the fleet doesn't have a name and neither do any of the ships let me know what you think in all of them i have put a hestia for size comparison

this ship has very weak armour and although lacking in point defences that is made up by the sheilded spines protecting the wings, this ship is designed for flanking larger ships.

this ship has 4 boosted railguns, it is also a very fast manuvrable ship not as much as the one above but enougth for it to be able to flank most ships because of the energy used to boost the railguns and keep the speed sheilds could not be added this is the downside to this ship it is easily damaged.

this ships main role is to overwhelm point defences with a barrage of projectiles this was one of the earlier ships as it carries no advanced technology when being constructed all of the budget was used on firepower and this ment the armour for the ship was cut back, the engine was an experimental engine the speed of it is very high but this caused a lack in its turning ability, also a new way of holding sections together using magnetized plasma.

this ship is the markII of the above ship the armour on this ship was increased and extra armour was added also more shield generators the weapons were updated to more modern beam weapons as these can't be stopped by point defences it was no longer needed for it to overwhelm them, new engines (can be seen in the middle back) and generators (can be seen to the sides of the core) were created during this ships design. the engines don't produce much thrust but its turning was increased the generators were added to cope with the power hungry beam weapons.

the ship above is mainly a support ship used to carry small fighters using several decks, as fighters lack jump capability. this ship is also used as a repair ship for damaged vessels carrying 4 nano matrix repair modules. once in a battlefeild this ship can be used to deploy defence platforms to create an outpost in addition to this it carrys a large amount of AI attack drones and long range artillery cannons at the front (pulsars).

let me know what you think any changes problems etc, im not making them available for download yet i still need to make afew more and prehaps some changes, in battle these ships are very balanced.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

isnt anyone going to tell me what they think? :(
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

It's only been an hour between your posts. This isn't a chatroom, replies take time.

They look pretty good, particularly for beginner designs. Just needs a bit of help with consistent colouring.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Not bad for a beginner, but I personally think that you need to develop a shipbuilding theme, try out modding so that you do not have a ship which is literally coated in weapons/modules, and perhaps develop a more coherent fleet. Your current ships look like slight mashes of everything (weapons, PD, sections, modules) together, and I'd say try to avoid that.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

any ship inparticular that raises the problems with too many modules/weapons
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

hazelwooder wrote:any ship inparticular that raises the problems with too many modules/weapons
Your 3rd, 4th and 5th ships strike me as going slightly overboard with coating. Try a little weapon/module modding. It'll help.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

i think the last one has too many weapons on it.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

lol i was just going over my ships, just got to the last one and i thought yeah that has too many weapons. then clicked refresh and you comment came up
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

how do you change the reload time of a weapon, when i change it from 4 which is default to 5 i test it and the reload time is something like 0.17. i forgot to read the top help bit its in 30fps so i have to do 30 for 1 second i have figured it out now.
Last edited by hazelwooder on Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

hazelwooder wrote:how do you change the reload time of a weapon, when i change it from 4 which is default to 5 i test it and the reload time is something like 0.17
Most of the timings on the edit panel are given in frames. BSF runs on 30 frames per second (fps), so your 5 frames per second would translate to 0.17 seconds of game time.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

I'm especially liking the second ship. These aren't bad at all. I personally don't like the first one though, the Aegis engulfs the whole ship, and the last ship is a cluster fuck of weapons.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

ok i have just finished sorting out the last 3 ships. i will post them soon. the first ship then i will sort that out now. thankyou everyone so far for your comments and help
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

ok these are my updated ships

this is the first one on the original list, i redesigned it and this is the new version of it, it still uses aegis to protect the wings but it has been changed to an outer sheild rather than sheilded spines. an upgraded missile launcher has been added to replace the gat blasters.

this is the 3rd ship on the orginal list. this one has had some of the weapons taken away and the power/fire rate of the weapons left has been adjusted to compensate.

this is the 4th ship on the original list. this one has had the same sort of treatment as the last one but 2 missile launchers have been added with an increased salvo size, and a powered up railgun because of the increase in power the movement had to be restricted the weapon only has a 10 degree firing arc and cannot rotate because vibrations from movement of it may cause instability causing it to explode when fired. also it takes 10 seconds to charge up each shot because of the massive power needed to fire it.

this is the 5th ship on the original list. the weapons and modules have been decreased in number and increased in fire power and fire rate. also a 15 salvo longrange missile launcher has been added to the ship.

the major weakness of all of these ships is that they have no rear or side firing weapons to defend from flanking. let me know what you think of the changes.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

Is the missile weapon supposed to be asymmetrical or did you forget to mirror that? (On the last ship)
Improving quality of life since 1955.
hazelwooder
Commander
Commander

Post by hazelwooder »

yes its only ment to have 1 missile launcher on that one. what do you think of my ships so far then?
Last edited by hazelwooder on Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.