Ships from Master Chief - Updated 9/6/2008 - BONUS CONTENT

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Ships from Master Chief - Updated 9/6/2008 - BONUS CONTENT

Post by Master Chief »

Preamble

Ever since I have joined Wyrdysm Forums, I have had this sense of regret all the way till now - that I have not been able to contribute to the community in many ways, that I have been a nuisance, a useless fellow,and a (on occasion) complete idiot/retard. This has been reinforced by the fact that I have committed many mistakes in the past, apologised countless times over and over again, and have faced others telling me that I shouldn't be doing this. I've pondered on this many times, and had been always telling myself that I should redeem myself, pull up my flagging reputation. So far, I've tried my best to do that, by contributing in discussions (to the best of my abilities), by participating in tournaments,by improving relationships with fellow BSF fans who have been extremely supportive as a community.

But I realised one gaping hole, which time and time again have been pointed out by senior members of Wyrdysm - I lack a fleet, I lack ships to give credit to my reputation, I lack things which I have shared with the community, things which are needed as a forum member.

I decided to build fleets. Well, though I did start off rather enthusiastically at first, my excitement soon died off, time and time again, due to my constraints pertaining to school. There were even times I considered giving up the entire idea completely, thinking it unfeasible for my schedule. The ships were created, deleted, and re-did over and over again. I found myself in this cycle, without any way of really overcoming it. It was disappointing, frankly, when I saw the countless number of ships others churn out week after week, when I myself don't even have a thread to my name in the Custom Ships forum. Time, it seemed, was my key limiting factor.

But ever since the school term ended at the beginning of last week, I have finally been relinquished of this strain on my schedule - time for ships at last, it seemed. I procrastinated for a while, thinking that it was still an inappropriate time to post up ships. I wanted to finally show off the results of my time at Wyrdysm, but I did not know when. And after a senior member commented on IRC (on discussion about the third BP) that I wasn't supposed to talk after I posted ships, I finally realised the depth of my follies. Dragging on, it seems, should not and later would not become yet another option I take. So I started designing. Some of the designs I have withheld so far, since I am still working on them, but the ones now that you see below are those which I feel confident enough to release.

And here, right before your very eyes (for those who disbelieve what they are seeing), will be Master Chief's own ships. Yes. I have decided to end this long drought, and seed the clouds to make them begin to rain starships and fleets. The wait for you guys has ended, this is the beginning of things to come, just over the horizon.

I hope the community can forgive me for my previous mistakes (or at least forget those), and these ships are dedicated to you guys, for the many things you have yelled at me for and corrected me, for the things which you have showed me and caused me to be a better person, and for the things which you have definitely led me to enjoy and learn from. I hope this can be a sign to everyone that I am improving, that I am taking in your advice, and that I am changing, definitely for the better, at long last.

Dedication

These ships below are dedicated to all the contributive members of Wyrdysm, especially those who have advised me as to my behaviour (or chewed me out in the past), and the following, which I have shamefully taken ideas from, or even ripped off shipbuilding styles from: Anna, Lizzie, Siber, Aralonia, Commodore111, Spoot Knight and Tsakara. Do inform me if you feel that I have left someone out.

Faction Information

Unified Republic of Earth
Memores acti prudentes futuri - "Mindful of what has been done, aware of what will be"
Established 2068

Ships

Republic Starships usually have distinct characteristics such as the overall blockiness of the ship structure (no matter how much the civilian population complains about their unaesthetic looks, as Fleets Command has always wanted that look as a legacy of the first ships of the Republic), ablative armour (highlighting the outline of the ship in blue), colour-coded sections (blue outlines for special weapon mounts), common use of Sectional Shield Generators, and (on capital ships) the thrusters you can see poking out of the starship's hull at the stern. Though they look an eye-sore to most United Fleets of Earth Personnel (more commonly known as Fleets Personnel), the majority of humans have learned to appreciate these ships for their role in defending humanity from the Katuri onslaught. Thus, because of this, FLEETSCOM (in an unprecedented move) has decided to release blueprints of these ships for the first time in Republic history, a move which is planned to boost morale and improve overall propaganda efforts. All blueprints below are to scale with each other unless stated otherwise.

UF Fighter

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
2 Lance Plasma Cannons
DEFENSIVE
---NONE---

The only space superiority starfighter which the Fleets use, a Fighter can easily tear apart a Patrol Craft, given the extraordinary amounts of luck, daring and numbers which such an assault would require. These Fighters are usually piloted by low-grade Artificial Intelligences, and are used as a close-range distraction maneuver which is normally considered suicidal for a human pilot. Nonetheless, it fills this niche which no other ship in the Fleets can do, and also can be used as a in-atmosphere fighter should the need arise during ground engagements. Due to its small size, point defence, sadly, is an impossibility, and so is thick armour which can protect this craft better from attack.

UF Bomber

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
2 Stinger Missile Launchers
DEFENSIVE
---NONE---

Incredibly, though Fleets Personnel by far and by large dislike the Fighter (due to the potential of debris from such easily-destroyed craft to impact and damage other ships), they admire the Bomber for its two Stinger Missile Launchers, more that capable of demolishing a Patrol Craft within a few seconds. Again, no human pilot usually pilots this AI-controlled craft, due to the insanely low survival rates. The lack of PD on this craft is due to the same reason as the Fighter above. In fact, the UF Bomber is simply a Fighter with a slightly modified hull that allows more room for missile storage, and is slightly better armoured as a result. The rule of thumb while dealing with such craft? Don't ignore it, prevention is a much better option than cure, especially when you're engaging a craft with the second highest damage-to-tonnage ratio in the Fleets, after the Fighter.

UF Patrol Craft

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
2 Resilience Plasma Turrets
2 Stinger Missile Launchers
DEFENSIVE
2 Denial Point Defence Chainguns
2 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators

A well-rounded ship usually meant for scouting or skirmish purposes, the Patrol Craft is well-equipped for its size, considering that it boasts weaponry strong enough to take on small capital ships when in numbers. Though small and speedy, most Fleets Personnel intensely dislike this craft (no matter how many times they admit it as being crucial to humanity's survival in the War) due to the fact that it sacrifices armour for speed and weapons power. Incredibly, groups of these craft have been known to disable other distracted ships by flanking them and destroying the vulnerable thrusters at the sterns, a feat which was commonly attempted by both sides during the Insurrectionist War, thus making this ship useful in its own way.

UF Monitor

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
1 Tremolo Plasma Ordinance Launcher
DEFENSIVE
2 Denial Point Defence Chainguns
2 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators

An occasionally used ship of the UF, the Monitor is a fearsome thing to behold, as its rapid-firing main offensive weapon can lay waste to even starships of Destroyer classification and above. The Tremolo Launcher accelerates what would be commonly called as "Plasma Charges" to high speeds, causing these flying bombs to crack through ship hulls before detonating within them and leaching plasma all over. Any capital ship which encounters hostile Monitors usually has only two courses of action: 1) Focus a considerable amount of firepower on the craft or 2) ignore it and be damaged considerably, due to the plasma leaching effect. Despite it's inherent usefulness, FLEETSCOM has never ordered the wide-scale production of this ship at facilities all over the Republic, due to its high cost of manufacturing and weak armour which allows it to be destroyed just as easily as the Patrol Craft.

UF Corvette

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
3 Resilience Plasma Turrets
1 Illuminati Directed Energy Weapon System
DEFENSIVE
4 Denial Point Defence Chainguns
5 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators
NEITHER OFFENSIVE NOR DEFENSIVE
4 Realspace Ion Thrusters (2 for controlling Direction, 2 for Thrust)

If any Fleets Personnel ever comment that the UF Corvette is useless or obsolete, you can instantly tell that either he has had too much to drink already or he is completely insane. The lowest-ranked capital ship, the Corvette is more than capable of destruction in numbers, due to its highly powerful Illuminati Directed Energy Weapon System, which is the striking feature of any capital ship, and can lay waste to just about any decent armour section in one single firing cycle, if the Shield Generators do not kick in fast enough. This is a ship which has played an enormous part in stalling the Katuri advance especially in the Outer Worlds, where numerous packs and task forces of such craft managed to defend (or at the very least, hold back the invaders) human-held systems and worlds, and buying some time for the Inner Worlds to prepare for assault. Even then, any observer will be able to spot this capital ship within any task force or battlegroup, due to its immense usefulness and advantage provided by its size and speed, and capability to inflict considerable amounts of damage against the enemy for a ship of that size and tonnage.

UF Frigate

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
3 Resilience Plasma Turrets
8 Stinger Missile Launchers
2 Illuminati Directed Energy Weapon Systems
DEFENSIVE
6 Denial Point Defence Chainguns
6 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators

Better armoured and better equipped than the Corvette, a UF Frigate can easily punch holes in amour with its 8 Stinger Missile Launchers, and also has an extra Illuminati Directed Energy Weapon System. Though slightly slower and bulkier than the Corvette, the Frigate's usual role supporting an assault by larger ships or supporting a usual defence (most prevalent in the Outer Worlds) with UF Corvettes and smaller craft. Along with the Corvette, this is one of the most commonly produced capital ships in the United Fleets, and sacrifices firepower for relatively unhampered maneuverability. Seen at nearly every battle in the Human-Katuri War, its firepower, when combined, can result in devastating destruction due to the ridiculously insane number of Stinger Missiles these ships are capable of launching, and the numerous Illuminati Directed Energy Weapon Systems these ships can possess while in groups, again epitomising the Republic idealism of "strength in numbers".

UF Shrapnel Submunition Kinetic Kill Vehicle (more commonly known as a SSKKV)

Armaments
---WARNING: SHRAPNEL SUBMUNITIONS ARE A CLASS 7 HAZARD---

A craft usually sent in after the first engagement has been made, the UF SSKKV packs a nasty amount of shrapnel inside its innocuous-looking hull, making even one hit from this vehicle potentially capable of complete starship destruction. Though FLEETSCOM was initially reluctant to construct these ships because of potential public backlash, they eventually did go ahead after furious calls by Republic civilians to unleash their revenge against the Katuri advance (after repeated evidence of the atrocities committed like orbital bombardment of Republic worlds), no matter how brutal and inhumane the underlying principle of this kinetic missile was. Now the Katuri immensely fear this ship once it appears in the battlezone, as they know what devastation this creation of mere human civilian defilers can do to their own hallowed ships.

Civilian Freighter

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
---NONE (Restricted by Republic law)---
DEFENSIVE
6 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators

The most common civilian ship anyone will see in Republic space, the Freighter holds the reputation of being able to support the many worlds by way of inter-system trade. Maneuverable but sluggish, this craft is capable of holding tonnes of needed basic commodities and other products, and is the reason why the Republic has patrol ships and listening posts to warn and defend civilian craft such as these from attack, due to the usual fragility of the hull. Smaller than the Heavy Freighter, this ship is usually used en masse in trade convoys. Its 6 Sectional Shield Generators provide a veritable amount of defence to this otherwise weak ship in terms of armour, while there are no other armaments which could be utilised to attack other ships, in accordance with Republic law. Civilians have been arguing for the allowance of point defence weaponry on their ships, but as of now, the Republic Senate has not lifted the ban, saying that these weapons could go out of control in the hands of a rogue ship captain.

Civilian Heavy Freighter

Armaments
OFFENSIVE
---NONE (Restricted by Republic law)---
DEFENSIVE
10 Impediment Sectional Shield Generators

A slow and lumbering starship used for civilian purposes, the Heavy Freighter carries exactly what its name implies - bulky items which are destined to another system. This craft, like all other civilian ships, can be easily modified and re-used as a passenger transport, a luxury cruiser, or even occasionally a moving self-enclosed habitat, suitable for human habitation over a period of time. The numerous Sectional Shield Generators provide enough protection to this ship such that even Fleets Personnel are envious of these sometimes, and the detachable cargo sections on both port and starboard are capable of turning into escape pods should the need arise. Notably, this ship can also be turned into a moving shield for the UF, as demonstrated at certain battles during the Insurrectionist War, due to the above abundance of such generators, proving its versatility to be even beyond plainly civilian purposes.

Downloads

Upon demand, here is a compilation of all released UF starship blueprints. Feel free to use them, wreck them, upgrade them or essentially do anything to them in simulations, but do seek my permission for inserting them into your timelines, or I will personally hunt you down with the combined might of a thousand starships. :lol:

DOWNLOAD FOR ALL RELEASED UNITED FLEETS STARSHIPS BLUEPRINTS

Note: All Republic starships are not custom-coloured but do have the below colour scheme on my computer.

[Ship Colours]
1blue = 80
1green = 80
1red = 80
2blue = 255
2green = 180
2red = 0
3blue = 200
3green = 200
3red = 200

[Glow Colour]
blue = 255
green = 255
red = 255

Bonus Content

Anthem of the Unified Republic of Earth
Battle Theme of the Republic
Battle Theme of the Alliance to Restore the Republic

Footnotes

Master Chief claims no responsibility whatsoever for any injuries or liabilites incurred while viewing or commenting on his ships.
Copyleft © 2008 Master Chief (Wyrdysm Forums). All rights unreserved.
Last edited by Master Chief on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 52 times in total.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Master Chief, you have my congratulations. For the past few months, I have been sitting on the tip of my chair for these ships, and you haven't dissapointed me. This was a promise you kept, and it earns my respect.

Well done.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

TBH your smaller ships are way better then your dreadnought.
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Well said. It's great that you now have time to build ships, and these first few look like an excellent shape of things to come.

But the amazing eloquence of that post earns you cargo ship loads of respect from me. Godspeed, Master Chief!
"Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them"
Auriak Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1654
Mystar Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Bump. Backstory and ship descriptions have been added, for those who wish to read them at your own leisure.
Hiant
Commander
Commander

Post by Hiant »

I like the backstory and the ships. The ships are great :D
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I like the starfighter's basic shape, simple, yet aesthetic. The weapons are modded, yes? If so, then in what respects?
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

DeathsHand wrote:If so, then in what respects?
Let's just say that these weapons are stronger than stock. And yes, anything with greater tonnage than a Monitor can easily wreck the Leviathan. :P
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Bump. I love those Stinger Missile Launchers, a squadron of 7 Bombers managed to wreck 1 Patrol Craft in 5 seconds flat. :lol:

So yes, UF Bombers and the Civilian Heavy Freighters are out. Comments please, I need them.

UF Bomber

Civilian Heavy Freighter
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Oh that freighter is almost too nice for my pirate ships to blow up...almost...
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

I'm digging that freighter.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

jwa8402 wrote:Oh that freighter is almost too nice for my pirate ships to blow up...almost...
You wouldn't get a chance. I clearly haven't posted DLs just yet. Ironing out things like rogue particle guns, invisible weapons due to Shipmaker errors, modding every single thing, and other stuff. So no, you can give me feedback or comments, or just look, or go to the BP3 thread and download the UFS All Under Heaven to blow up for yourself. But be forewarned, that thing isn't happy about being blown up. :P
Lord-General Thunder
Commander
Commander

Post by Lord-General Thunder »

Master Chief wrote:
DeathsHand wrote:If so, then in what respects?
Let's just say that these weapons are stronger than stock. And yes, anything with greater tonnage than a Monitor can easily wreck the Leviathan. :P
lol.

But... why? :?

I've got a few "wank" ships, but they're only "wanked" by virtue of happening to be larger and have more guns.

Oh, and a hefty dollop of HP helps, but even so, I haven't gone over 2000 yet with my 'serious' fleet...
[img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/BLANKcopy-6.jpg[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

These ships are not wankships, they are balanced against each other, not to any other fleet. Though I'm wondering whether I should tone down the Monitor's capabilities, since one damaged ship can take on two Corvettes and still win. :? But still, it's a monitor, so I... :lol: