Gri'ortis Me'kia Fighter ship.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Gri'ortis Me'kia Fighter ship.

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

I just wanted to see if the color scheme was good, it looks a little off... But it kinda looks good, but im taking any suggestions. I havent placed weapons yet (as you can tell in the image below.) im also taking suggestions on that also.

May i present the Gri'ortis Me'kia

Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

This ship is utterly horrible.
It looks frail and the colors are bad too. There is a lot of repetition of pieces.
Just delete this ship.
Grath
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Grath »

I'm afraid I can't be sure yet, but I think my eyeballs just vomited, then imploded.This ship looks like you slapped it together in about five minutes, including time spent coloring.
The front with the core is incredibly vulnerable to weapon fire
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

Deleting it is out of the question, yours eyes can puke all they want. I just wanted suggestions on color and weapons placement.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

The engines are really bad. Not sure where to start with them.
It's too frail looking and the color choice is bad as well.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

Theres only going to be one engine in the red section of the back.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

To be fair, it's not very good methinks. I think it would be better with something in the way of a rust brown/copper color, but now it looks...bad. It's also a bit frail, as others have said, and I don't like the repetition in the central part.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Slominator
Commander
Commander

Post by Slominator »

I like the general outline. It would be better if the core were moved back into the main body and the wings were better connected. It also looks messy in spots and the repitition is bad.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2470]FreeSpace 2 Ships[/url]
[img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll224/Slominator/fs2sig24.jpg[/img]
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

Ok i messed with the repeting of the middle problem

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Better. But to be fair the ship's shape and section use aren't very appealing altogether. It's a bit...amateuristic, to be bold.

EDIT; the core is also WAY too far to the front.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

I totally re-made the wings and i tryed to keep the same shape as best as posible. I will try moving the core back as best as possible.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

Saint Jamez911 wrote:Theres only going to be one engine in the red section of the back.
Was referring to the wings because it looks like a Klingon Cruiser from Startrek.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

Ah ok.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

You could probably use less pieces and theres some layering issues that would improve the look as well...
As for coloring I don't care for too many of the colors so I usually go with that grey + highlights of the fleet colors...
As for weapons, obviously there will be either beams or demeters on the wings depending on whether its a carrier or attack ship. Tthe neck is prime realistate for a spinal cannon. Perhaps missles or sidewinders on the wing struts?
I see what your trying to do, and I also see why the others are calling it bad. However I'm not sure what your actually capable of, so no amount of bashing will make it better if thats the best you can do.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

I moved to core back so its not as vonarable to attack.