Custom weapons and parts

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Would you like to create your own Weapons, Sections and Cores for future ships with your own style.

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 19

Akumu
Ensign
Ensign

Custom weapons and parts

Post by Akumu »

Is there a way to create my own parts and weapon grafics like new Cores, Sections and weapon images.
So we can create awsome new weapons with new looks like Turrets and tesla weapons.
It would bring more veriaty to the game.
Last edited by Akumu on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyront
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyront »

Nope, you can colour them but you can't make new ones.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

No, you can't. There is no way to import new sections or weapons or the like into the game, without screwing around with the sourcecode. More over, it's not really necessary for the most part, since lots of things are highly editable. I mean, "bring more variety"? HAH! When you can make anything from this:
To this:
And anywhere in between...

Yeah, variety isn't too much of a concern.

Two other things: For future reference, threads like this belong on the General Discussion board. Also, if you really are dyslexic (and I have my doubts about that, since so many people with shitty typing skills try to use it as an excuse), stop using it as an excuse. I have actual dyslexic friends, and they don't say "oh well I'm dyslexic I can't help it", they try harder to make up for the disability.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

I would like to see a new feature for easier creation of custom weapons. However, the current system and variety is like... the most varied game ive ever seen.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
Akumu
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Akumu »

I'm sorry for the dyslexia thing.
I do extualy have dyslexia altough it seems to have less effect on my english than it has on my dutch.
As for the veriaty I was more thinking in the spirit of new weapons and cool new parts for instence a bubble shield, tesla cannons and stuff like that.
The veriaty of the sections is less important becouse as you stated, you can make a load of things with the parts we already got.
However I've been playing a lot of space games like fraxy, Ogame and Dark Orbit.
In these games there are a lot of cool ship designs, but when I try to make them in the ship maker it doesn't turn out the way I would like them to (probable thanks to my limited skill).
when you make a part bigger or smaller it becomes fuzzy and ruins the ships look, and when you fill a big area with loads of small parts it gets to chaotic.
Also I'm sorry for posting in the wrong board, I would like to make it up by posting some of my ship designs (have to upload them first).
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oh, so you're Dutch? Also, I'd recommend using a spellchecker.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Akumu
Ensign
Ensign

My ships

Post by Akumu »

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Re: My ships

Post by DeathsHand »

Akumu wrote:The Imperial Fleet of the 2nd Age:

Emerald Cruser

Deadnaught

Juwel Interceptor

Destroyer

Interceptor

Predator

S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Akumu
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Akumu »

Thanks DeathsHand ;)
Why didn't my links work?
Pyront
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Pyront »

The ships look pretty good to me, and by the way you can press P to turn the lines on and off. :)
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

The ships are okay, but I have to say that the points on either side are a tad too repetitive for my liking and there's no colour. But it's a good first effort.
Not enough Delta in your life? Have a look at https://twitter.com/Deltabacon1 - I do a fair amount of casting and esports analysis which may appeal to some of you who are that way inclined!
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

They're the epitome of repetition and ugliness :/

I mean, they're a good start as far as most new comers go, but they aren't exactly pretty or technically well made.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

Colors and variety. They are your friends.

Color would make these look a lot better. Just mess around with a colorscheme, see if you can make something out of it.

And variety... well, not necessarily the repetition (although you really might want to mix it up a little), but the ships themselves. They look alike, with only minor differences in size. You want to make them look different, while adhering to one main theme.

Anyway, they're not horrible. You've got some potential here. Just refine it.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

T-002 wrote:Colors and variety. They are your friends.

Color would make these look a lot better. Just mess around with a colorscheme, see if you can make something out of it.

And variety... well, not necessarily the repetition (although you really might want to mix it up a little), but the ships themselves. They look alike, with only minor differences in size. You want to make them look different, while adhering to one main theme.

Anyway, they're not horrible. You've got some potential here. Just refine it.
I'd say they're definitely better then most people's starting ships though. For sure.
Improving quality of life since 1955.
Akumu
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Akumu »

Thanks,
I realy apriciate your advice, I'll shore use it.

It's called the CosaMoon and its one of my best ships.
I'm also trying to create a story for the diferent factions I've made,
Like the Imperial ships I posted earlier.
The CosaMoon will be a AeroCorp. Production And will be a main battle ship for the AeroCorp. space collonies.

[img]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo31 ... nSD230.png[/img]