Armageddon's Scribe

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Choose a name (any new name suggestions will be entered into the poll)

Perditorus Scriptor
18%
Scribe of Perditorus
21%
Armageddon's Scribe
61%

Total votes: 28

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

My only dislike with titans is when people give them high HP (I also think it wouldn't hurt to tone down the high damage, but that's mainly irritating in beams). If it's got 1000+ sections, it seems silly that it should have more hp per section that smaller ships.

@Daxx: The part that we all find cool about this ship is that it looks pretty when it fires, not that it has high damage. People would compliment it just as much if each weapon did 1 damage. What's wrong with posting how many sections it is, though? It's not so we can go 'Wow!' at the number, it's to let us know the effort put into it. I'm as much a fan of small ships as anyone, but saying titans are slapping a bunch of pieces in a ship shape is unfair. By the way, you should join BABMW :P (in my sig).
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

The thing about this ship is that it was balanced to be able to take on Seraph's ships (his orbital ships to be precise). Thus it has a lot of life (12000), but also a lot of damage (I don't think that any of the weapons do under 1000 damage per clip, except the tachyons which do continuous damage). And screw the BABMW, join the UIUB (I'm thinking of getting rid of it since I don't really care if people don't use inventive beams as super weapons, it just makes their ship worse, but you should still join it).
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

BUMP! I finally finished it (I actually finished it 3 or 4 days ago, I just never got around to uploading and taking pics of it (mainly because I remembered I had Trackmania). Anyway, the download and pics are in the first post, enjoy (comments and criticism are still welcome).
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

My name won! :lol:

I had my new Crusader out for about a week now, check the second to last post on page 10 on my ship thread.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ya, I know you finished it, but did you put up a download? If you did, I couldn't find it.
My name won!
By a landslide (a landslide being 2 votes, one of which was cast by me after I had already chosen the name, thus meaning the landslide consists of one vote, so basically your name won by the smallest landslide ever, well done).

Note, there was neither rhyme nor reason behind my tiny rantlet, I just felt like it, so don't take it as an insult in any way, shape, or form.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

mtheminja wrote:My only dislike with titans is when people give them high HP (I also think it wouldn't hurt to tone down the high damage, but that's mainly irritating in beams). If it's got 1000+ sections, it seems silly that it should have more hp per section that smaller ships.
Well, ships are supposed to get tougher exponentially, while range, damage, sections, etc. increase arithmetically.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Life is exponential, when you're 20 you're more than 100 times as strong as a 2 year old.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Bad Boy wrote:Ya, I know you finished it, but did you put up a download? If you did, I couldn't find it.
My name won!
By a landslide (a landslide being 2 votes, one of which was cast by me after I had already chosen the name, thus meaning the landslide consists of one vote, so basically your name won by the smallest landslide ever, well done).

Note, there was neither rhyme nor reason behind my tiny rantlet, I just felt like it, so don't take it as an insult in any way, shape, or form.
Yeah, second to last post on page 10, there's a link to the .shp.
I don't want to put it here for obvious reasons.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Thanks, I didn't notice that. EDIT: Everyone, you can stop voting, there's really no point in voting for the name that's already been chosen.
Const
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Const »

I'm wondering, how do you make the beam wide without making the turret wide as well...?

nice effects with the beam also, liked how the drivers added some sort of ripple effect.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v185/elite07hunter/Sig%20pics/damnedlucky.jpg[/img]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

He probably used a shockbeamer, layered with something else to do damage. However, I can never get them to fire in sync... >.> (but people can, I just don't know how its done)
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I used two shokbeamers (the purple and the pink), and they were joined by a white beamer further down the ship. The beamer does the damage. To get the effect to work, just make the firing arc 5 degrees or so.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

New version, new pics, new DL! Sorry about the link fail, I'm not sure how to fix it. What do you all think?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Return of the purple penis...now with mutilated foreskin.

/me sobs in a corner
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Its still ugly as sin.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003