Battlestar Galactica - Tiger class Destroyer added

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raul
Captain
Captain

Battlestar Galactica - Tiger class Destroyer added

Post by Raul »

Ok first off, this is my loose interpretation of Battle star ships. Being that I am a avid fan of both the original series, the re-imagined one, and yes even 1980, the ships are a combination of those ships abilities. Problem being that, for example, the original base star was more advanced in every way than a battle star, but in the modern version it is no match for a battle star without its fighters. I've also changed a few things I dislike in all the versions. I want comments and criticism please.

Cylon Base Star
This is uncolored because I tend to ruin my designs with color. I'm still going to add nukes and either missile batteries or laser cannons in the ends. I build the two sections sepretly to show depth if the top is destroyed. Download will be up once weapons are finished.

I am currently about 80% done with the battlestar, 20% with the tiger class cruiser, and I've got a handful of civilian ships Im saving for the encounter. For the encounter I made mini galactica and base star, neither are made for appearance but rather balance. The base star's weapons are more powerful, its armor stronger but no point defense, and has many many more fighters. I made it the newer version cuz the older is boring in 2d. The galactica is armored but has weak poiints, has weaker weapons but lots of flak cannons. It has fewer fighters but they are harder to hit since they have skilled human pilots. It also has nukes but it requires some piloting to use them. Not sure how the encounter will play yet, but in one on one both ships have won easily depending on how I flew them. I will put up downloads and if you see anything that needs balancing let me know so I can finish it before I put up the encounter.
Save humanity, get the girl, and smoke some good stuff(because yes, in the original, half the crew were stoners)
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... actica.shp
Crush humanity! Despite looking like a lizard, isnt this enough of a goal?
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... sestar.shp
In the new BSG your certainly right. In the original they used energy weapons, except for two instances when they used nukes which destroyed the base star they were fighting. The cylons didn't use missiles because they had their mega pulse beams or whatever but then those ones weren't created by humanity so we might as well consider them two different species.
This battle star is not meant to be Galactica. For the sake of defying those who would say it doesn't look like the new or old one, I will say this is one of the four battle stars Commander Cain built on the planet his ship escaped to following it's supposed destruction. Three of those were destroyed in a battle but one escaped and joined the colonial fleet along with the Pegasus.
Its balanced the way I want it, but the base star will need redoing. The big demetor is a bomber...Any suggestions are welcome
Last edited by Raul on Mon May 19, 2008 10:39 am, edited 5 times in total.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

that is a tough call because the original used large energy cannons while the new one spams missles. Why are there open sections in the middle?
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Not bad, good work. However, Cylon Base Stars have 6 arms, and they end pointed (at least they do in the new series)
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Looks like something the guys at Wolf's Shipyard would make. :)
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

Here's the old base star
http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/image ... on_mk1.jpg

And the new
http://scifipedia.scifi.com/images/thum ... ar_001.jpg

Still, that's one huge frakking shuriken ;D
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I think it's meant to be a non-canon basestar like the Fury. In any case it looks cool.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Ah your both right. I was going from memory and I had a vague recollection of the original being octagonal, and the new one they usually just show close up shots of. I will probably fix it without too much trouble since the six points look better anyway.
As to the weaponry I'm leaning towards swarm missles in the tips and a couple mega beams in the center. I originally built it as just a station that was going to have glowing reactors in the center feeding power to each tip, hense them not being pointed. This probably could be corrected too...oh well thanks for the feedback!
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

delete this please? moved ships to main post for easier viewing. Thanks
Last edited by Raul on Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedSarge
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RedSarge »

The Base Star looks great! I know I'll only get somewhere around 4 Fps, but it will start to pick up once all the Hestias are destroyed. :twisted:

The mini ships run just fine at 22 Fps.
Hey, I'm new.
Zancloufer
Commander
Commander

Post by Zancloufer »

Not bad, but the Side pods are a bit big, and the head/back are a bit small in comparison.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

nice balanced. still i think the blaster on the galactica could use some broadside alineation. with the broadside AI they kind of never shoot. also didnt in trhe show both ships usually shoot missiles and nukes?

also I think the size of the small ships really cool, they kind of fit in with the stock ships from bsf!
Last edited by LordGarcia on Sun May 18, 2008 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Cylons use missiles because they have the resources. The Galactica mostly just defends itself against those fighters, with heavy turret mounted cannons.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

delete this please? Moved ships to main post for easier viewing. Thanks!
Last edited by Raul on Mon May 19, 2008 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Raul wrote:The big dementor is a bomber...[/img]

lol It's the name of an ancient Greek goddess! Not a monster from a stupid book series.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The big dementor is a bomber...Any suggestions are welcome
Friendly reminder: There's quite a difference between a dementor and a demeter.

That is however, the best battlestar I have ever seen.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush