Newcomer: Shadorian Industries

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Shadoroth
Ensign
Ensign

Newcomer: Shadorian Industries

Post by Shadoroth »

Hello all, Shadoroth here. I am a new shipbuilder and newcomer to these forums. Just thought I would post my first ship that I am making. This is about 1/3 complete. I still want to give it some cool wings, as well as weaponry. No backstory, no colouring yet. Suggestons/comments?

Shadorian Battleship MK. I

mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Some of the parenting near the middle look a little interesting, and the loops might be parented that way on purpose, or that could be another problem. My main suggestion is that you try and remove some of the repetition somehow. If you really want the inside of the loops to be spiky like that, you could keep the section 26's but add other, not so repetitive sections on top of them. Welcome to the forum :D !
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Shadoroth
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Shadoroth »

Ah. What would you recommend? I wanna make the inside support in the back a bit spiky, as well as smooth out where the right-most glowing circle is.(It powers the main beam)

As for the parenting in the front, it was a mistake with something done to the core, i moved the core half-way through working on it. I'll fix it up in the final project
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

How about making it solid instead of an amalgam of connected spines? :?

The general shape could be something interesting, but it really needs work. There are a serious amount of parenting errors, but as you said, they can be fixed. There's also a mirroring error; the forward strut of the largest reactor is off center.

Other than that, welcome to the boards.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush