Bluhman's Ship Gallery

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Bluhman's Ship Gallery

Post by Bluhman »

Wow. In the span of just four/five days, I've made quite a few ships. Some I like, others I hate to no end and whatnot, but anyway, here's my ships. Every last one that I have respect for, due to its usefulness, appearance, or traits.

And now, brief info.

Legionary
My newest ship. The Legionary basically has a ton of smaller bits surrounding it, each equipped with its own blaster, and a particle gun for projectile interception. It's very powerful; beats down all the other ships shown here, except possibly the Mother-Ark.

Juggernaut
As you might be able to tell by the name and the aegis deflectors, the Juggernaut is best at taking damage. It both has excellent close range brawling capability, and a shield generator that allows him to play as a support ship as well. Can get somewhat marred in battle, but overall lasts a while against enemies.

Claymore
A rather early design. Claymore is pure support and defense. The only attack part equipped on it is a lancet beam, but other than that, it's clean of any sort of attack capability. As far as support goes, the Claymore has it all: The ability to make shields, repair, shoot down incoming fire, and it's very durable as well. Nigh invincible, in fact, due to the core being completley surrounded from every side by a part with an aegis deflector installed on it. Of course, in a One-on-One battle, the Claymore can't do much.

Falcon
My very first ship. The falcon is currently the second fastest ship in my game, at a speed of 12. Basically, the falcon is a close-range brawler, meant to swoop in to combat head on and fire off a flurry of pulse beams into the enemy. As you can see, it has boosters, meaning it's going to definitely do a lot of damage. When using the ship, I usually control it directly, telling it to dodge and swoop through enemy fire repeatedly. Very effective tactic that works well and allows him to defeat enemies while taking minimal damage.

Peregrine
The younger, much newer brother to the falcon. Peregrine is faster, and more maneuverable. In fact, it's the fastest ship in my game, at a speed of 15 if I recall correctly. The Peregrine, however, is a lot less durable and powerful than the falcon.

Sparrow
Another early ship. The sparrow is another close-quarters attacker. It could be described as a Peregrine which sacrificed a large amount of armor and speed for maneuverability and attack power. En masse, the Sparrow can completley wreck enemies up.

Mouse
Absolute smallest ship I've ever made. Armed only with a mining ray, and two wings, the mouse is not very powerful at all.

Pirate Sniper
The Pirate Sniper is pure attack power. No speed or defense. As you can see, it has a huge ray of beamers that all fire in a single line, adding up for massive damage. Of course, the beamers' can't really turn, and because the ship is so unwieldy, the main cannon usually gets wrecked apart before it can fire. But what do you expect? It's really supposed to be an enemy design anyway.

Turricano
A thick-skinned far range attacker, with blaster cannons and plasma launchers. Of note is the fact I keep mixing up the ships back with its front. In some cases, I've found the Turricano better at surviving enemy attack than the Juggernaut.

Wacky Seagull
First ever cruiser. I don't particularly like it, but it really does a great job in the firepower category. Aside from that, it's got some deflectors and drone launchers. It's a rather simple Battleship, really.

Panicker
When I heard about the whole negative AI range thing, I thought that maybe the AI would cause the ship to run away from the enemy, which was intriguing. So I made the panicker. It has cannons mounted on the posterior, and a few point-defense systems. It really is most effective when running away, but unfortunately, its AI doesn't exactly make it do that.

Mother-Ark
My favorite Battleship. The Mother-Ark I could see as being some sort of big-boss in the game. It's main system of defense is launching any sort of drone it can at the enemy. Defense platforms, Demeter drones, Interceptor drones... Coupled with particle guns, nano matrices, and a gluon launcher, the Mother-Ark is pretty much capable of beating every single other one of my ships in a One-on-One battle.

These ships, and a few more, can be downloaded here: Bluhman's Ships Version 1
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

A few changes here and there. Some already in the 1st download, others not yet. But here's just a few ships:

From top left, going across rows downward:
Pirate Cannon
"Talos" Alien Flagship
Royal
Juggernaut Upgrade
Turricano
Falcon Downgrade
Peregrine
Readjusted Mother-Ark
Seraph - New Claymore

And now for the stats of change on these ships, and info on the new ones.

Pirate cannon is unchanged.

Talos is a large Battleship, meant to be balanced with the rest of the game as a big boss. Has Tachyon cannons, Plasma cannons, and Beamers, coupled with two aegis deflectors, and a gluon bolter.

Royal is another very large Battleship, which could probably be balanced with the rest of the game.. Possibly. It is meant to be an older ship, and as such, lacks deflectors. What it does have, however is a crapload of blasters of both types, beamers, plasma cannons, and two interceptors for a LITTLE protection. The Royal is also very hearty at 1050 health, and works absolute best when making broadside attacks.

Juggernaut has now gotten extra weapons and interceptor weapons. He's also had his health ramped up from 300 to 500.

Turricano is unchanged.

The falcon has now lost all its deflectors. It's also lost its beamers, leaving it with only gatling pulse guns, boosters, and a gatling blaster. His arcs have been reduced as well.

Peregrine is pretty much unchanged.

The Mother-Ark lost its Nano-Matrix. Already having gratuitous armor, it really didn't need it.

The Seraph is a step down from the mighty Claymore. Only having a singe nano matrix, it doesn't heal allies as well, and its Aegis deflectors aren't positioned in a way that makes it near invincible, but still is a very good utility ship, with interceptors, a lancet, and a projector.
goblin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by goblin »

Very cool! While a few of these ships may be a little overpowered (haven't tested them yet...), they look beautiful.
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Two new ships I made. One silly, the other being rather balanced if I do say so.

Cloner
The Cloner's just a battle platform with three platform fabricators attached onto its butt. In seconds, this ship can make virtual copies of itself. The disadvantage of this ship, of course, is that it's sort of fragile and it can't move.

Hestia Sigma
The Hestia Sigma is basically a Hestia stolen by Pirates and modified extensively. As the Hestia is an all around ship, and the Hestia Alpha is a close range brawler, the Hestia Sigma could be described as a far ranged blaster, with Three Blasters and Four Scatter Beams. The ship is very good at taking care of frontal attacks, but because its turrets can't really turn that much, and the fact it has no deflectors and a severe lack of interceptors, it can be quite vulnerable to back attacks.

EDIT: Ahh... Alright. One last one:

Secada
The Secada is a far-ranged patrol ship. It's got some great defensive capability for a ship of its scale, with lots of frontal plating, and three particle guns, but it is somewhat lacking in the way of weaponry, with only two blasters. It's somewhat swift, with a speed and turning of 5, and has a hearty 250 Health.
TrashMan
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TrashMan »

Strange name selection.. the Claymore is realyl shaped like that greatsword, but naming is completely opposite of what it does.

Claymores and greatswords and meant for devastating damage while sacrificing some defense (actually, the greatsword is probably one of the best swords ever made...but let's make it simple, shall we?)

I'd suggest altering the first Clymore design - from defense/support to offense.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_iswhite.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/shipdatabase/uploads/VANavy.rar]VA FLEET[/url]
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Can be arranged, since now the Seraph takes care of defenses and support.