The Third BSF Beauty Pageant - FINISHED!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Ok, a quick question. Can I post a fleet that is part of a larger 4 fleet package here in the pageant, and then post it along with the other three in a separate thread later, once they are completed? Is this acceptable? :?:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

If you submit only one fleet in the BP, why not?

And THAT is the most retarted yet unimaginably funny avatar I have ever seen. :lol:
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
condorc3
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by condorc3 »

How long does entry normally stay open?
[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2373/picture1bu6.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1318]Visit Condor Industries![/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]My Uberwanks[/url]
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

condorc3 wrote:How long does entry normally stay open?
Usually until the date set for entries to be open until.
Anna wrote:Ship entries are open until the 1st of June.
[/post]
condorc3
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by condorc3 »

oh my bad, didn't notice that
[img]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/2373/picture1bu6.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1318]Visit Condor Industries![/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1620&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0]My Uberwanks[/url]
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Here's my Fanship submission, the TEC Kol Battleship from Sins of a Solar Empire:

Shipmaker shot:

In-game shot:

Reference Pic (from SoaSE):

Ship Battle Pic (also from SoaSE) (Warning: Large image):

I used a hell of a lot of doodads to get that colour effect. The ship also has 2 of the special abilities that it can get in SoaSE, Flak Burst and Gauss Rail Gun. To get Flak Burst to work as a weapon, you have to select the flak turret near the core and toggle the intercept mode to offensive, using the 'I' key.
Backstory is in the ship description.
Note: Some of the turrets are doubled up because are also turrets on the bottom of the ship.

-----DOWNLOAD-----

EDIT: Sorry for stretching the page. My bad. :roll:
Last edited by M123 on Sat May 03, 2008 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

I am so tempted to submit my Alpharia...

Here.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... l_Ship.shp
(Ive only uploaded the shp. file...)
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

@bl3d4: The colours! :shock: :D
RavingManiac
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RavingManiac »

I was not aware that bl3d4 could make reasonable ships...

EDIT: Now that I am sober, I take that back
Last edited by RavingManiac on Mon May 12, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

RavingManiac wrote:I was not aware that bl3d4 could make reasonable ships...
My cone cells are still not aware of this fact.
[/post]
Auriak
Captain
Captain

Post by Auriak »

Here is my entry for original ships: The Nor Creature Carrier.

Indeed, the Nor have returned again. For those of you who don't know (pretty much everyone I guess) the Nor first appeared as a species of hypermutational organisms flying around in insectiod starships covered in glowing energy fields. They were driven into the depths of ocean planets by the Mystar, where they sat for hundreds of years evolving and improving themselves.

When they emerged, it was revealed that they had dumped their space-proof energy fields for a fast-regenerating skin which was much more energy efficient. But being a ravenous race, they began to eat their way through the galaxy once more (but they were wise enough to leave a small amount of life on each world to replenish the food supply). This time, several races (including the Auriak and the Mystar) rose to do battle with the Nor, and beat them to the very edge of the galaxy.

But now, yet hundreds of years later, the Nor have decided to come out of hiding again, and have taken on entirely new forms. Their ships are now covered in a tough carapace and they sport many new weapons. The thing at the top of this post is the Nor Creature Carrier, a massive beast hosting many interesting symbiotes.

Starting at the front, we have a firebug launcher at the nose of the carapace. This fires volleys of three fast moving lifeforms which immolate on launch. they buzz around enemy starships as they explode, burning more and more of their biofuel (they have stores of oxygen inside them to make the reaction happen) until they disappear.

To the sides of the energy field projectors (a relic from their original forms) are the carapace crawlers. These creatures anchor themselves to the carrier and spit explosive spikes at incoming projectiles. A carapace crawler is also present on each wing shell (excuse the picture, that is fixed in the download).

At the crest of the forward carapace is the fragmentation worm launcher. A fast moving purple worm ejects itself from this organ and writhes through space, eventually exploding into several miniture worms which jump around the target.

At the front of the middle carapace (directly above and below the frag worm launcher) are the spark bug launchers. They fire volleys of five chemical-loaded bug things toward the enemy. They are very fast and have their own guidance and propulsion system, and can be difficult to intercept do to their numbers.

Behind those are two buzzer bays on each side of the ship. They are identical to demeter drones in every way.

At the rear of the ship are two shock worm launchers. Like the bigger one at the front, these fire a worm at the enemy. These worms are smaller and green, and leave an explosive chunk of biomatter at their detonation point. Most effective when the enemy is moving into them.

Each wing, as well as housing the drive system, carries an organ which spits dangerous biohazard waste at incredible speeds. Unlike the other weapons used by this vessel, the bio sludge spitter is not a separate lifeform.

The ship also carries three special organs which pump supercharged healing microbes to any place they are needed. The microbes can even be thrown to objects outside of the ship, aiding damaged allies.

Due to its heavy carapace and tough organic characteristics, the Creature Carrier is quite difficult to destroy. Its ravenous symbiotes also dispense with enemies quickly. The ship is also quite fast, but needs time to get up to its top speed. It maneuvers very poorly, sliding past its opponents while spraying its little beasties at them.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... arrier.shp
"Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them"
Auriak Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1654
Mystar Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Everyone, there's still three weeks left to submit ships and fleets! Come on. Give it a shot. I know there are plenty of fine shipbuilders who have yet to make any submissions. We particularly need more fleets.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Anna wrote:I know there are plenty of fine shipbuilders who have yet to make any submissions.
We're all judging, though :| or at least most of us are
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Here's my original ship submission, the Kareem Heavy Lifter:

Examples of what the Kareem Heavy Lifter can carry:

Backstory is in the ship description.

-----DOWNLOAD-----

Edit: Submission changed to just the empty KHL.
Last edited by M123 on Sat May 10, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

NO.

You submit one ship for the Original Ships Catagory. ONE. Not three different variations of the same ship. :x Pick one variant to submit, or submit a different ship altogether. This is not a valid entry and will be ignored until then.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.