BillyJoeBob's Ships.Strelok Experimental Super Dreadnought

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

BillyJoeBob's Ships.Strelok Experimental Super Dreadnought

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

My first ship ever, the Scinfaxi. I made it "by hand" before I knew how to mirror >_> I also kind of happened as it went, with no premeditated design.

The XBP-35 Battle Platform, it was made a bit after the Scinfaxi.
A picture of the parenting.

Even if modifying the Hestia has been beat into a pulp I thought I would try making it into a mini battleship \o/

Now renamed the Axon Battlegroup
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... egroup.zip

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Final.shp Here is a download of the Scinfaxi. I will upload the others later
XBP-35 Battle Platform
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... tation.zip
Last edited by Billy Joe Bob on Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Joss
Commander
Commander

Post by Joss »

I must say that first ship is amazing without mirrowing, and the rest are good too.

Personly not so keen on the Hestia.
The below is true...
The above is false....
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Take out some of the weapons from that station and it'll look really good.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Yeah, The railgun batteries for one are a bit crowded. My main problem is that it is weakest at the plasma batteries on the sides.If you see the parenting, if you destroy the pulsar batteries you can lose a big chunk of armor. What if I was to add some supports from the railgun battery piece to the plasma cannons?
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

Scinfaxi, Ace Combat fan?
Not bad ships, I like the look of the station, especially.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Ahaha, someone got it!
I am currently testing how I can fix the armor problem on the station. Possibly adding some of the sections that are the cargo pods(I forget what number :v) to the plasma batteries and see how it turns out.
I am happy about how it came out and I'm uploading the "beta" for people to test out and tell me what to fix.
Link added at top of page

Also as a side note. When I was making the Scinfaxi.... one of those "I made a whoops" moments.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

OMFG....
OP alert!
Tone them down please...
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Averam
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Averam »

bl3d4 wrote:OMFG....
OP alert!
Tone them down please...
Dude, thats just your opinion. Maybe he's like me, and likes the "Big ships = lotsa guns" school of thought. And tbh, who are you to decide whats OP (overpowered)? Sure, the ships are more powerful than the stock ships, but as long as he balances his ships against each other, and has fun playing this game - and yes, it is just a game at the end of the day, whats your problem? Did I miss the memo where you were elected all-powerful god of BSF, where it was decided that your word was law on these forums?
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

You've got a point...
I take that back.
If thats the case, then...

Moar ships & even moar guns.

I demand.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Hehe, I'll get on it with more ships.
The reason I had the explosion of mega beams was I gave it a clip size of 25 thinking it would increase the firing duration...rather than just making a shotgun :roll: .
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

Sorry about the double post. :oops:
I'm going to take a hand at making a fleet. I hear its all the rage these days :v.
My current ship is some sort of Hestia equivalent destroyer/patrol ship. My question is, should I Have all blasters, or blasters and a beamer? My goal is to make a fleet that is stock balanced, or near stock.
(no I won't update with every ship I make, just periodic clusters of them.)
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

Well, you can always mod any weapons so the final result is stock balanced, so the weaponry you pick should be flavour/story based. As long as they seem equal to the vanilla ships, you're fine.

......[size=0]I feel beamers are always used a bit much, but don't listen to me...[/size].......
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

New Update!
Punisher Class Cruiser.
Weaksause descriptions coming up!
"The Wasp Mk I is an obsolete design. However many fleets prefer this version as its blasters and high speed pack a punch against even tough armored opponents."
"The Wasp Mk II is the latest design. With an improved reactor allowing for a beamer and an extra point defense turret to be mounted. However, the extra armor and weaponry causes this variant to move slower than its older bretheren."
Brick; N/A yet.
Catalyst: N/A yet.
"The Punisher Class Cruiser is based on a heavily modified Catalyst hull. The reactor has been upgraded to accomodate the new deflector system and high power railguns. The ships is best when used from afar to snipe enemy ships"

I still haven't thought of a name, backstory but its coming along. I think I'm going to abandon the stock balance and go with sane, but balanced ships in the battleship category.
Comments and criticisms please.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Interesting combo of alien and terran parts. I would've set the depth of the terran parts lower so they don't stand out as much. Good job regardless.
Billy Joe Bob
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Billy Joe Bob »

BillyJoeBob's fleet, now with 100% more capital ship!
This is why I said I would abandon the stock balance thing.
I'm quite proud of how the Galaxy Class battleship came out (but not as much on the name :roll: )
Backstory will begin when I'm done building all my ships. I have a carrier, a dreadnought, and possibly another destroyer and cruiser to do.
Comments, Criticisms on how the fleet is progressing.