Old Official Ship Ideas Topic

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

I think it's fairly well balanced, considering the fact that it has 16 Gluon Bolters.
Yes, it's come true:

First we had the idiots who don't know what balance means.

Then we had ignorant people who randomly downloaded it and create megaships because it seems fun.

Then we had people who tried to be reasonable and scaled it down to eight lasers on a side.

And now... now we have the sarcastic ones.

Great job at suggestions, people.
[b]Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.[/b]
RRoan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RRoan »

I actually do think it's fairly well balanced considering the massive reload times on the Bolters (although if there were a way I would have made it so you had to fire eight at a time). And the fact that it only has a pair of blasters (less than some patrol craft!) as its only conventional offensive armament. As well as the fact that that you can disarm it quit effectively if you get in behind it. Basically, I think you're full of shit.
Waddledoo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Waddledoo »

RRoan wrote:I actually do think it's fairly well balanced considering the massive reload times on the Bolters (although if there were a way I would have made it so you had to fire eight at a time). And the fact that it only has a pair of blasters (less than some patrol craft!) as its only conventional offensive armament. As well as the fact that that you can disarm it quit effectively if you get in behind it. Basically, I think you're full of shit.
How can anything survive being hit by 8 Bolters? Yea I can see the reload would be quite long, but once enemies are close enough they are immediatly overwhelmed. Is this ment to be a playable ship or a powerful enemy?
Visit my custom ship archive at [url]http://www.freewebs.com/battleshipsforevercustomships[/url]
RRoan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by RRoan »

Waddledoo wrote:How can anything survive being hit by 8 Bolters?
The Alien Dreadnought survives pretty well if it's facing this thing, actually. It'll usually just take out a few of the parts sticking out to the side, and that's if you use all 16 at once.
Waddledoo wrote:Is this meant to be a playable ship or a powerful enemy?
I'd think it was obvious it was supposed to be an enemy. In the hands of a human it would be the next best thing to one of those horribly unbalanced superships that seem to plague the thread. :P

Edit: Put it up on rapidshare if anybody wants to play with it.
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

The Alien Dreadnought survives pretty well if it's facing this thing, actually. It'll usually just take out a few of the parts sticking out to the side, and that's if you use all 16 at once.
Your aim must be terrible.
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Actually some of the megaships are pretty interesting in the way they are structured. I've been on the look out for them because I've been meaning to include a really really big ship as one of the enemies in the later missions.

Either way, remember to use the latest version of the shipmaker guys, you should definitely get v1.4 since it supports saving of ship designs.
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

aeteRnus: Finally some balanced ships! I think they're excellent ideas, especially the mini-Battleship: small, close-range but devastating. That's the sort of ideas I think we need.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

yes it is :p

But Even it can't stand up to 5 alien dreadnaught attacking from the back.

I'm planning on making some Romulan ships now, on request of some friends, and maybe more fighters.

Which remings me. t=the ship editor needs a smaller core piece for making fighters.Thats what this game needs, fighters.
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

Fighters were in th15's plan all along but were removed in favour of Demeters because of micromanagement issues.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

*sigh* too bad, fighters wuld be more fun :p

yay! finally a well-balanced ship! Its a Hestia Refit, heavy battle design. A few more deflectors, bigger wings, and 6 smaller weapons. Took one of them, with the help of two normal Hestias 4 minutes of circling and firing to defeat 1 alien dreadnought. One hestia and half the hestia refit were destroyed.

so if someone could tell me how to extract the code and post it, I will post it.[/code]
Last edited by Boba Fettuccini on Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

...O.M.F.G.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
Game_boy

Post by Game_boy »

No.

I win the Uber ship contest hands down. (no questions asked.)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6662 ... nerlz8.jpg
pwhk
Commander
Commander

Post by pwhk »

Game_boy wrote:No.

I win the Uber ship contest hands down. (no questions asked.)

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/6662 ... nerlz8.jpg
Oh my god. My computer will probably die when 100 Alien Dreadnoughts is attacking a same thing. (And I noticed that 4 fps...)
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

thats pretty cool! can you upload the files somewhere and share them?
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

aeteRnus wrote:Image
...how did you put alien ship cores in the middle of the ship?