Old Official Ship Ideas Topic

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Dude.

Seriously.

Stop being so damn elitist. I'm not kidding. You have completely ruined my first days here. I really like this site, I really like this game, and I'd like to stay here and actually contribute, but I won't if won't be an enjoyable experience.

So Game_Boy, or th15, please come in here and set things straight on what ships are broken, and what needs to be change. Please lay down the law, because RayCav won't listen otherwise. I know us two could keep arguing for ages, but that would just degenerate this forum from intelligent, polite discussion, to pointless spamming and trolling.

So RayCav, guess what?
I am going to leave my ship as is, until th15 and/or Game_boy come on over and say what needs to be changed, as they have the final say in what goes and what doesn't. And I am still going to insist my ship is not broken, and that your ship is(and if mine is broken, it a lot less broken than your's).

Argue all you like, but you do not have the final say, and I want to my ship to be in the game. So only people with the final are one's I'd listen to.

That, and those that are being reasonable, like Mechman or Havock. In fact, I thank you both for taking a calm standpoint, and offering constructive criticism, and ways to change my ship.
The Infamous RayCav
Commander
Commander

Post by The Infamous RayCav »

The most offensive things I've done so far is call your ship a "monstrocity," compare it to the uber-wanked up ships that were popular when the ship builder was first launched, and explained why I didn't think either the Mars thing or the ramming thing were good ideas.
Natch
Captain
Captain

Post by Natch »

Okay, what I'm mainly getting at is your tone of voice.

I'll have to admit something here.

There was a reason why I posted my ship right after yours. And in almost laughably predictable fashion, you fell into my trap.
And if nothing else I just wanted to see your reaction. Absolutely worth the effort
It's still not a ship that I think is designed intelligently or realistically.
That's because, frankly, the entire concept is just dumb.
So? That's still a lame weakness, tacked-on in a futile attempt to make the ship seem less wanked-up.
Now to get back to the original point, your ship, at least at first, didn't even attempt to be a serious design -
there's not a lot of real forethought into the actual layout of the ship.

I'm seeing lots of "Your ship wasn't designed with any seriousness or intelligence because I said so" and very insult, harsh, criticism. You have given NO room for me to change things.

Okay, that rant is over, and I'm calmed down now. Let's try to not be as insultive/harsh/blunt/whatever you want to call with our criticism. I'll start off with that

*ahem*

One part that bothers me about your design is how much area your Aegis Shields cover. If you look, you'll see a large chunk of the perimiter is shielded. That makes it hard to take down. Making it a tad bigger, giving it less coverage from the Aeigis Shields, and seperating out the firing arcs(giving it less concentrated fire power but a more even layout) would help.

For my ship, would it be less broken if I removed the Aegis Shield covering the shaft? That would give it cover from a distance(less angles to choose from)but you can hit it from the side and get the shaft that way.
Antimatter
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Antimatter »

This is just dumb

Why r u guys even arguing???

Raycav:
You should just say whats wrong with it insteady of insulting its creator
So what if it's just like the ships made when the shipmaker just came out?
He's only been using it for like...one week?

And nobody said Natch's shipcant be classified under "battleship" or something right?

Natch:
Your ship isn't that bad.
Dun take things too seriously.
Also experience is important, try playing and reading
BUsting your own ships are also good for finding weakness

TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

In a short while (when I get home from work) I will post my not broken, alien dreadnought killing patrol craft.

One on one the Morning Star owns most dreadnoughts. Including the Hephestus and the Mars Cannon.

Go go useful Patrol Craft
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Game_boy wrote:You can't post the code; the files are encrypted (th15's invention, not mine) because access to the code would allow people to execute their own code in-game. I mean, you can anyway with a memory editor, but not easily.
You running your own code in your copy of the game doesn't bother me. It's other people embedding malicious programming into their ships and distributing it that I try to prevent.

Obviously, things are getting out of hand. The purpose of this thread is to catalogue the custom ships available with accompanying screenshots. You can discuss the designs elsewhere. So, I'm going to lock this thread and repost all of the custom ships in a new thread. In the future, it would be best if you posted a topic for your ships then added a reply to the new custom ships thread with a link to the ship files and screen shot. Any other posts in the new thread without a ship/screenshot will be deleted.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]