Custom Ships Archive #1

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Woot, target drones!
Kartoffelkopf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kartoffelkopf »

Inspired by some of the kamikaze missiles going around, I made my own kamikaze ship, the Rusalka.

You can't see it, but there's about 16 tiny Section 08s under that big panel.

Here's a video of it in action.
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

I haven't joined the forum though I've made quite a few custom ships.
I'll admit I don't have the time to make intricate and delicately detailed geometric shapes (like Seraphim, o.o), although I won't say my ships are ugly.

My computer isn't really fast so bad frame rates contribute to the matter.

Anyway, here are some of 'em. (WARNING! DANGEROUSLY UNBALANCED! Lulz)

Opteron:
Yes I know it's named after the AMD processor.
Anyway, it's weapons are all modified and have names in regard to fire, such as the 'Phenom Firestream', 'Vulcan Volcano' and 'Loki Firecannon' which is being demonstrated above.

Dreamweaver MK-II
The Dreamweaver is the second of the Dreamweaver series (Dreamweaver MK-I will be shown some other time) and is outfitted with a large array of devastating beam weapons classifying it under the "Beamweaver" class ships which is a blanket term for craft built around beam weaponry such as the Oenone and Oenone Omega (one of my other designs).

Gaurdian Class Mobile Defense Platform
One of my favourites.
The Gaurdian Class Mobile Defensive Platform is an idea that sprouted from the sucess of the Peitho Battleship. Outfitted with a superthick defensive layer to weather the weaponry of some of the newest and deadliest ships, the Gaurdian can survive a long period of intense fire. Almost every incoming projectile is neutralised by its repeater pointbeams.

Fortuna Battlecruiser
The Fortuna is a design based off the former Roschach Manipulator type ship, the Eon (which was in turn built to replace the Eos). A centralpiece of this craft is the 'Eon Storm' (which, of course, first appeared on the Eon) array of blasters which release a rapid fire hail of sprayed blasts to cast a withering web of fire upon enemies.

Deuterion II:
The Deuterion II is a monstrous craft built by Teromulus Technologies, the creators of the original Deuterion. The original Deuterion (which will probably be shown some other time) was to be a testbed for Gravitic Binding and Ranged Power Transmission (RPT) technology. Due to the need for spacecraft for war during the period, the experimental tech was scrapped and the Deuterion was sent as a war machine. The new Deuterion II, constructed in a time of peace, allowed the new tech to be installed and refined. Wielding a massive array of weapons and trawling several 'battlestations' gravitically bound to key points of the hull, the Deuterion II is one of the deadliest and largest ships ever (largest in my hangar, at least).

Dellion Millenium:
One of my older designs, and my first 'big ship', the Dellion Millenium took it's maiden voyage on the millenium of the 31st century - 3000AD. Constructed by Dellion Space Industry, it was the flagship of the New Terran Space Navy.

That's all for now.
Will release more in the future.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Some of these look nice, remove the horrible uberstats and cut down on weaponry and you've got yourself a nice fleet.

BTW: Gaurdian, meant to be GUARDIAN.
mtheminja
Captain
Captain

Post by mtheminja »

salanos wrote:EDIT: Originally this was meant as an entry to the "60 Minute Shipbuilding" contest, but when I remembered it's not really for overpowered craft I withdrew the entry. I might re-do my entry for that contest.
Howzat? I think we're going to be building them at the same time.
Office hours: 12:30-2:00 PST M-F, in #BSF.
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

mtheminja wrote:
salanos wrote:EDIT: Originally this was meant as an entry to the "60 Minute Shipbuilding" contest, but when I remembered it's not really for overpowered craft I withdrew the entry. I might re-do my entry for that contest.
Howzat? I think we're going to be building them at the same time.
Huhz? Me no undastanz.

What I mean is tomorrow I'm going to make a whole new entry that is more... balanced.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Kartoffelkopf wrote:Inspired by some of the kamikaze missiles going around, I made my own kamikaze ship, the Rusalka.

You can't see it, but there's about 16 tiny Section 08s under that big panel.

Here's a video of it in action.
Very nice, wierd shaped missile there. Didn't have to make a video to show it off though! Good work.
ValesTii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ValesTii »

anyone up with suggestions for (modded) weapons that would fit the ship's design?
[i] "Harken the angel summons. No mercy for the damned. No escape from the catastrophe.
The true path shall guide you to find peace in annihilation"[/i]
[size=75][u] Lezard Valeth [/u][/size]
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

That gray, monotonous hulking mass... is SEXY!

I'd say put modified Gattling Blasters and Mega Beams in the small round holes in those sections down the middle.

Also, maybe a few Tachyons'll look good.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

ValesTii wrote:Image

anyone up with suggestions for (modded) weapons that would fit the ship's design?
Depends on what type of ship we're talking about here, What kind of ship is it? (flanker, frontline attack, fast hit-and-run, fire support, tech support, etc... etc....)

Unless you heavily modify them, megabeams are useless mounted on a fast ship, and modding them to be super accurate really kills their usefulness, as they fire for an extended amount of time, the damage adds up quickly if they are accurate. Blasters however, seem to go with almost every hull design, can't go wrong with blasters :D (as long as you don't pack them in there, um.... this is going to be a balanced ship, yes? Or is this going to be simply a salanos style "pwn the universe" ship?)
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

DeathsHand wrote:Or is this going to be simply a salanos style "pwn the universe" ship?)
Is that a complement?

Lul.

Yeah. I have a habit of imbaness.

And remember... its no good to quote with pics.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

salanos wrote:
DeathsHand wrote:Or is this going to be simply a salanos style "pwn the universe" ship?)
Is that a complement?

Lul.

Yeah. I have a habit of imbaness.

And remember... its no good to quote with pics.
Yes, that was a complement. Speaking of your ships, how do you make that laser light show effect on your dreamweaver?

I wanna copy it :mrgreen:
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

DeathsHand wrote:Yes, that was a complement. Speaking of your ships, how do you make that laser light show effect on your dreamweaver?
I wanna copy it :mrgreen:
Lol.

Erm, well.

How to make a Dreamweaver Style Ship

1. Install multiple beams on your ship.
2. Edit each beam till they have:
- 360 degrees of weapon arc coverage
- a long beam duration (say, 180 frames)
- a high damage
- A long range
- instantaneous turning speed (say 100)
3. Load it and destroy a ship with the Dreamweaver (probably a low hp ship so the light show lasts longer)
4. When the ship is destroyed, the beams will automatically create that beautiful dreamcatcher web of light.