Custom Ships Archive #1

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wilbky
Captain
Captain

Post by Wilbky »

Good design, too many guns. Lessen the gun spam on it and just raise their values.
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7827/ouranhostclubuserbarba9.png[/img]
[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1041/waffleuserbaroq0.png[/img]
JaffaJoke91
Captain
Captain

Post by JaffaJoke91 »

a little heavy on weapons but other than that...damn!
Need... More... COOKIES!
Fuiste
Commander
Commander

Post by Fuiste »

Pretty much same sentiments as Wilbky and Jaffa, decent hull, but too many weapons. Though I guess my ships are just as guilty of that I suppose. It might not look as striking if you evened out the weapons, seeing asthe rear is practically bare, but that's just my 2 cents worth.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k112/Rudygizmo/Newsig.png[/img]
The Happy Panda!
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Happy Panda! »

its okay.....

everyone goes over the top on weapons tho
Atilla
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Atilla »

Time to post the last of my SM2 ships, before I move to the next version.

Download

The Fist of the Heavens does huge damage at long range. Unfortunately, the AI seems to have a slight problem with the Gosling launchers in the version I'm using. Hopefully this is fixed, or will be at some stage.

The Diadem is more-or-less your standard forward-firing beam ship, although it does make more use of Megabeams than most (alliteration semi-intentional). The Aegis is mostly there for looks.

Two more alien ships. Icon for short-range attack, and symbol for long-range support. Yes, I imported them as enemies this time, so they're the normal pink colour. I hope you're grateful.
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Mef, since I can't seem to keep a thread alive worth crap( I swear someone explai nwhy to me) I'll just post up here I spose.

Anyways heres one I just made:

The gestroth: Image

and http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... stroth.rar
admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

The Unforgiven.

Post by admiral_tee »

Here it is:
The Unforgiven.

I thought to myself - lets try some asymmetry...
Only to learn that the AI (or th15) doesn't favour the likes of asymmetrical design... :wink: :?

The idea of the ship was based on the top down design of a human warrior. Shield on the left arm, weapon on the other.

Her weapons fire 90d in the direction they are facing, all situated on the 'Weapon Pod' starboard side.
The Railgun is range 700.
The Beam is range 700.

Whilst the port side has the shielded armour.

The Passive defences such as the Aegis and Deflector are on the Central section.
The Gat' Blaster is modified in range 600, burst 3 and the only weapon on her Centre section.

I gave her Broadside AI, and a slight turning speed to counter her 'invincible' port side.
However the AI cannot decide whether to combat front on (what the?), or to broadside on the WRONG side... Again, what the?

Can anyone shed an idea as to why this strange behaviour occurs, and if there's a way to make it behave! :shock: :lol:
At the moment it lives up to its name.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Probably because it doesn't work on firepower per side/facing for the Broadside AI. Or if it does, the guns being on the wrong side are making it be a bit stupid because it expects them to be facing outwards.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

im new here so i guess ill bite. Heres my battleship, Novax. focusing on forward facing firepower, yet lacking significant defenses in the rear.

Trivia:
The pride of Defiant Shipyards, the Novax is a one of a kind battleship sporting both conventional and advanced shielding systems. In addition, the Novax is also equipped with 7 mark XIII rapid fire railguns that can be used for anything from ship to ship combat to planetary bombardment. The Novax is currently serving as the flagship of the 10th Fleet in Andromeda.

yea i don't like mass weapon spam, so i beefed up the weapons themselves. :) ... wait idk could this be considered weapon spamming?
admiral_tee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by admiral_tee »

Arcalane wrote:Probably because it doesn't work on firepower per side/facing for the Broadside AI. Or if it does, the guns being on the wrong side are making it be a bit stupid because it expects them to be facing outwards.
Any ideas how i can combat this...?
Like maybe adding the weapons on the core (or pieces on the core) and have the armoured/shielded section attached.. Like an outrigger on a boat.
And the weapons would still be facing one direction still.

I am thinking there must be some code involved with the broadside behaviour, as when a ship is damaged heavily on one side, it does rotate to show its protected side...

Any more ideas?
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Okay heres somehting for ya:

the Atreus mod: Image

Based(very loosely) offa this: Image
wolfy
Commander
Commander

Post by wolfy »

osilus wrote:Okay heres somehting for ya:

the Atreus mod: Image

Based(very loosely) offa this: Image
cute!

I'd post mine but it's so ridiculously far from completion...
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Cute? But a battleship shouldnt be cute....does this mean im unmanly?!?! *goes into shock*
wolfy
Commander
Commander

Post by wolfy »

osilus wrote:Cute? But a battleship shouldnt be cute....does this mean im unmanly?!?! *goes into shock*
that's not a battleship (too small), more like a light destroyer or larg-ish ptrol craft. patrol craft can be cute can't they?
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

maybe...I spose...UNMANLY!!!*goes back into shock and starts twitching*