Custom Ships Archive #1

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Yeah, I set Player Ships A to a light grey, Player Ships B to a dark grey, and Player Ships C to the bright red marking colour. All parts use the A colour by default, but you can right click on a part and select "Change Colour" to cycle.
Da_Higg
Captain
Captain

Post by Da_Higg »

But mirroring doesn't mirror the change in colour...
Look Up
upon reading this:
50% of people will have scrolled up
25% will have looked at their ceiling
The last 25% can now feel smug because everyone else has taken orders from a little sig box.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

This is why real men eschew the use of the mirror option. :P

Actually I stopped using Mirror because it flipped out and cloned all the guns and parts for some reason, so everything on the Sovereign-class Super Dreadnaught is hand-placed. Well, nudge placed to pixel perfection because I'm a terrible perfectionist in these aspects.

Updated the Sovereign main post, will be adding screenshot of latest vers and download here in a sec.

Sovereign-class Super Dreadnaught
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Taioko wrote:Go into shipmaker... Place a part... Right click it... "Change color".

That should do it.
What I mean is 'tan parts with bright red ones', which I cannot seem to get. I want the blue/purple/pink with bright red highlights :P
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Da_Higg wrote:But mirroring doesn't mirror the change in colour...
Eh, I just select each mirrored bit and change colors as appropriate.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Danny420Dale wrote:
Taioko wrote:Go into shipmaker... Place a part... Right click it... "Change color".

That should do it.
What I mean is 'tan parts with bright red ones', which I cannot seem to get. I want the blue/purple/pink with bright red highlights :P
You can't, though. You're stuck with three colours. :P

Just do what I described before the Sovereign pic/download post. There's a bug with the ship editor that means it saves old colour schemes into the blueprint files, but as long as you can remember the order you should be fine. After that it's just a case of methodically tweaking from ingame references.
Fangz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fangz »

The Suicidal Mk2. For a destroyer-class ship, not pretty, not even armed. But designed to take on large ships. Very fast (though slow to turn), frontal armour insanely strong, side armour insanely weak. It's meant to get up close, and then get triggered by enemy ship's turrets, spraying shrapnel and causing mass damage.

Anything too slow to move out of the way and lacking enough shields to protect 99% of the ship all the time (I'm looking at you, Sovereign...) should consider this a high threat, and invest in screening ships to defend against this menace.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... al_Mk2.zip
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Ah, a flying suicide bomb. Cute!

I'll test a swarm of em vs my Waverider II.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Nada. Sovereign took... ohhhh, around 20-30 damage. The Sovereign's AI prevented it from triggering the Suicidal's sole offensive mechanism, and the deflectors prevented the bomb from doing any major damage to the hull, even when it was directly underneath the Sovereign.

I had to use an Aedon to set it off. :wink:
Fangz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fangz »

Well, I did say it was for use against ships, not weakly godlike entities with 3000 Hp in every piece and enough aegis shields to cover 90% of its components and self-repair.

It's pretty fun for blowing up clumps of NORMAL SHIPS though, and with some skillful deployment and alot of luck, 2 can knock out a Cylon basestar.

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Actually, the Sovereign only uses classic Deflector shields to prevent it being too powerful. I had originally toyed with having some of the front arc covered by Aegis shields, but I scrapped that in favour of lots and lots of standard deflectors. The Sov can only really protect 50% of itself at a time (it would be hard pushed to protect every section of it's outer body against incoming fire, for example) even with 60 generators.

The weakest segments are the engines themselves, rating in at 1000 HP per segment. The only 3000 HP piece is the core, actually. ;) None of the subsectors were modified for enhanced damage resistance, all of it relies on the inbuilt damage distribution system. On the other hand some of the frontal pieces have just under 2000 HP.

I never said they were balanced against stock ships, after all!

The things can kill a Leviathan in under a minute. Maybe under half a minute. :roll:
Fangz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fangz »

God save the king.

Update to the Suicidal to gear it more towards taking out capital ships (as opposed to clumps of normal ships like the old one) - The Suicidal 'Regicide'. It still can't *catch* the Waverider II though.

Changes:
-Harder to trigger firing mechanism
-Teleporter to overlap enemy at last moment
-Some pathetic pulse guns to trigger AI to shoot at it. (I test with Ally ship vs Enemy ship. I assume if you just choose passive AI, they don't usually target suicide bombers?)
-Better speed and turning
-Wing armour

Groups of 3 at a time seem to work well vs the Sovereign. About 6+ are required to take it out.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... gicide.zip
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Fangz wrote:It still can't *catch* the Waverider II though.
I have a feeling that ship is the most powerful ever designed for the game. Go figure I'd do something like that without realizing :lol:
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

I wouldn't bet on it.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Fangz wrote:-Some pathetic pulse guns to trigger AI to shoot at it. (I test with Ally ship vs Enemy ship. I assume if you just choose passive AI, they don't usually target suicide bombers?)
Technically I did order the Sovereign to hold fire, but it activated it's shields automatically.

I just conducted a test, by the way. Counting pauses, it took around an hour and twenty minutes to one Sovereign to kill another, with myself controlling one and the AI the other.

One. Hour. And. Twenty. Minutes.

Yes, I have dated screenshots to prove it. :) There's about... well, numbered from 109 to 174.