Custom Ships Archive #1

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

Arcalane wrote:
Kale wrote:
Kaelis wrote:@ Kale: Oh wow, just noticed this... And yay, theyre EVE ships! Theyre worthy of their own thread, imo.
Hush...

Never actually played Eve online, tho my brother does. Just stumbled upon the ship comparison sheet one day and decided to rip a few designs outta there :P Didnt actually think anyone would recognize them.

Now I feel like doing a Eve ship fleet..
There is a large index of all EVE ships in post-Trinity graphical glory here for non-top-down view goodness.

I plan to work on a Cormorant for BSF in the next few weeks.

Pretty much all ships on that comparison sheet are side-on, which as you can imagine is kinda bad for making decent replicas.
I happen to be flying a cormorant right now, if you need pics I can give you some. (also have 6 reapers, a Merlin, a Kestral, and a Caracal)
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

TAS Habakkuk and Tyranus

Post by AidanAdv »

After 5 years of construction, the first of the new Overseer class Heavy Cruiser was completed. The TAS Habakkuk was named after a biblical prophet who predicted a work "which ye will not believe" It would first see action at the battle of the Three Navies in Sirrus sector. After the war it toured major spaceports ending with Earth. It was later scrapped and sold to high maintence costs and the lack of need for such ships.

The TAS Habakkuk with the 3rd detachment

The Tyranus was built in secret in the asteriod fields surounding Gryphon IV. It used captured Terran alliance technology to teleport behind unspecting vessels and destroy them with a volley of its shockbeamers. Also it could use its gravity field projector to hold enemy ships while it destroys them. It would then teleport away to safety. It was the flagship of the Rebel fleet. The Tyranus was destroyed at the battle of the Three Navies.

The Rebel flagship, the Tyranus.[/img]
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Tsakara wrote:
Arcalane wrote:
Kale wrote: Hush...

Never actually played Eve online, tho my brother does. Just stumbled upon the ship comparison sheet one day and decided to rip a few designs outta there :P Didnt actually think anyone would recognize them.

Now I feel like doing a Eve ship fleet..
There is a large index of all EVE ships in post-Trinity graphical glory here for non-top-down view goodness.

I plan to work on a Cormorant for BSF in the next few weeks.

Pretty much all ships on that comparison sheet are side-on, which as you can imagine is kinda bad for making decent replicas.
I happen to be flying a cormorant right now, if you need pics I can give you some. (also have 6 reapers, a Merlin, a Kestral, and a Caracal)
It's simple really. All I need is a top-down view with the front of the Cormorant facing right, so that the shot can be imported into ShipMaker and used as a guideline. If it's still possible, you can make the camera stop rotating by toggling "Orbit Station" off, then all you need to do is piss around with the LMB/RMB to get the camera in the right position for the shot, and then take it! Simple.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

that or you could just take the picture outside the station!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Could you get a closer zoom than that? I want to be able to pick out at least a little detail for making it.

Also; using the non-trinity graphics set, are we? :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

my computer would have a stroke if I tried to use Trinity graphics.

I can't get on now but I'll post a closeup later.
Ambo
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Ambo »

Cormorant: :)

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Much better! Thank you. :)

Expect this one done within the next couple of weeks.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

Here's my first true 'titan' ship, the Farlight:

(I'm too lazy to do custom colours on the hull :P )

All weapons are stock, except for a few weapons which have increased range due to their placement on the ship, and the central shockbeam, shown below toasting a Cronus:

The main gun isn't too overpowered, and I think the rest of the ship might be a bit undergunned. :roll:

Main gun:

Code: Select all

weapon|ShockBeamer|5|0|1|225|12.50|1000|1150|0|0.95|Matter Annihilation Beam|16777158|75|-1|0|2|6|-1|1|1.20
PS: Ship database. TH15. Fix. :?
Robar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Robar »

Hi all! Here are some ships of mine:
Hammer is a Federal Heavy Destroyer designed to clean up enemy territories quick and effectively. It has quite many blasters and armor, it's a real bulldog. How do you like it? (mainly the design)
Torpedo is a Federal Heavy Cruiser designed to protect the big merchant ships of the NeoCapitalist, and to raid the pirates.
It belongs to the nation of NeoCapitalists. They are big-headed and wealthy men want to take as many mineral resources as they can. They are at war with the local pirates. I'll show them, too.

The Hammer:
The Torpedo:

You can download the ship here:
http://www.robar.extra.hu/bsf_pic/neocapitalists.zip

(Please notice that these ship are not finished, so I'm expecting your advises, not a master of Shipmaker yet :))
THE BIGGEST Battleships Forrever!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Not bad. Not bad at all. I do think you need to declutter them a bit. Y'know, mod the weapons, and remove some of them.

Welcome to BSF!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Robar
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Robar »

Thanx! Yes, I edited only the weapon arcs and ranges, the damages, fire rates etc are the original. Now I have some problems unfortunately, I can't open normally these ships with v0.88 shipmaker, always there are some errors. (I installed 88 today, I'd played with 86 until now)
THE BIGGEST Battleships Forrever!
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

So here's my ship that's been slowly growing over the past couple of days. Each successive step has the previous step in it, with the possible exception of one or two pieces to make it fit slightly better.

Larger pictures of the individual ships are in the relevant thread, didn't want to clutter this thread up too much. Feel free to criticize and comment there too.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Robar wrote:Thanx! Yes, I edited only the weapon arcs and ranges, the damages, fire rates etc are the original. Now I have some problems unfortunately, I can't open normally these ships with v0.88 shipmaker, always there are some errors. (I installed 88 today, I'd played with 86 until now)
Yes, that's normal. .86 had the beta of ship maker 3 installed, so ships done in it won't work on the newer versions of SM3. You'll have to redo'em.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Zeybrin
Thats amazing, especially the coloring! can't wait till I figure out how to do all this!