Fleets of the Five States - Downloads now available!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Nice.

I'd just like to point out that long-range sidewinders don't work very well; They typically curve too fast and end up short of the target. :?
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Ya, I really hate that. No matter how big the burst and deviation is, my long ranged sidewinders never hit anything smaller than 100 pieces (yes, I know there's a very broad definition of 100 pieces, but you all know what I mean). Also, why don't you want to stretch the first post? It's fun and it means people have to scroll down more to find stuff, and that's always good.
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

The sidewinders have 200% speed, so they will hit enemies that are not retreating. And well if they're retreating that means you're not assaulting the enemy from all sides as any Alliance attack should.

I will post a copy of the Alliance of Free stars ships in the first post then. I thought a huge first post might be a bit daunting but if thats not the case, time to make it huger :D
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Bumping for great justice.

The last of the five fleets, the Cygnian Warlords, has been posted after inactivity due to finals. These ships have actually been made quite a while ago. The ships are supposed to bear a faint resemblance to old Terran ships, however the resemblance is faint due to the Warlords' redesigns. They are like shadows or corrupted versions of the originals. Anyways, this faction is not too strong and is mainly there to add a pirate-ish presence to the otherwise well-organized political entities that the other states are.

Next will be stations and freighters for all the factions, then afterwards their enemies will be in a new thread. This includes the obligatory xenocidal alien menace.

EDIT: Downloads are up! Contains the stations as well as the ships (including some new ships not yet mentioned :) )

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Fleets.rar
kaaskopp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by kaaskopp »

quality and quantity? damn, those ships are epic wins imo!
[img]http://i17.tinypic.com/71qxdkx.png[/img]

joa, hascht wasch gegn waischwuascht?
scheiß weißwurst. Geht um alkohol junge!!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree with kaaskopp, the whole group of fleets is amazing (which is probably why Arc made it the fleet of the week). The Cygnians look great (as do all the other ships. Can you post some pics of the stations and the unmentioned ships?
Water_and_Wind
Captain
Captain

Post by Water_and_Wind »

Oh. Wow. Well, I'm honoured to have my fleets put into ships of the week. Thanks Arc.

I'll have the pics ready soon enough. :D

EDIT: New Terra: Descriptions pending.
gompasta
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by gompasta »

ok now there is a ( great ) download all i can say is "WOW" and "DIE!!!"
i am going to test ALL your ships against the levi.
Im back :)
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Congratulations for being on the weekly fleet spotlight. This certainly is a good set of ships here. :D
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Very nice! I love the Monolith, it's so well done. I know you said description pending, but are you going to make these sort of things for all of the five states, or only for New Terra?
zgeek1
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zgeek1 »

I'm definitely impressed. allot of diversity. I like that.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

zgeek1 wrote:I'm definitely impressed. allot of diversity. I like that.
Hey, noob. Read the damn rules. This thread is over a year old. Don't, fucking, necro.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.