I.C.C (The Interstellar Cultural Confederation)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Rhiawhyn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I.C.C (The Interstellar Cultural Confederation)

Post by Rhiawhyn »

Sadly I have yet to finish the entire armada, however I did finish 5 of the ships ;P

Now as you can see I am using a shield plate method, Each plate can only take a set amount of damage based on the type of ship before it breaks.

These shields are by far the most useful, as one stealth corvette can just barely kill four pirate crusers, and that is with a good player at the helm.

If you guys ask for a download I will try and get one up with a pack that holds all of the current ships.

Comment, Rant, Review and don't forget the criticism. :)
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I actually really like these ships =D

Good job!
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Rhiawhyn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhiawhyn »

Thanks for the review ;P

Any ideas on what to change, or do you want an download... I am still trying to throw it together as I did not expect a reply this fast XD.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Overall, not bad. Here's some bulleted criticism.

-Not a fan of your "shield plates." I've seen a lot of this lately, and Arcalane is the only one I can think of that's really pulled it off.
-Too many weapons. They're just loaded with guns.
-You don't really have a set "technology type," if you will. Basically, you're using a large variety of weapons. You get a more defined effect when your fleet primarily uses one or two weapons, with two or three more thrown in from time to time. This isn't too big of an issue.
-They don't look like a fleet. Your hull designs are pretty nice, but they don't share too many design traits. They all look like individual ships.
-Segment choice is a bit lacking. While the designs are really quite good, mixing alien and terran segments creates a sloppy effect.

As a whole, they're pretty good. Nice ships, but definitely some room for improvement.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

I'd say an overall A- here. Good, but nothing spectacular(just my opinion).

A question however, what's the reason for the title(The Interstellar Cultural Confederation)?
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Rhiawhyn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Rhiawhyn »

Sponge wrote:Overall, not bad. Here's some bulleted criticism.

-Not a fan of your "shield plates." I've seen a lot of this lately, and Arcalane is the only one I can think of that's really pulled it off.
-Too many weapons. They're just loaded with guns.
-You don't really have a set "technology type," if you will. Basically, you're using a large variety of weapons. You get a more defined effect when your fleet primarily uses one or two weapons, with two or three more thrown in from time to time. This isn't too big of an issue.
-They don't look like a fleet. Your hull designs are pretty nice, but they don't share too many design traits. They all look like individual ships.
-Segment choice is a bit lacking. While the designs are really quite good, mixing alien and terran segments creates a sloppy effect.

As a whole, they're pretty good. Nice ships, but definitely some room for improvement.
Thanks, and on the different weapon notes, the faction has a large assortment of different types of weapons, primarily however the weapons stay the same in principle... just the power and size of it changes with the class of the ship ;P. Why stick a 18" cannon on a ship that can't even power it, let alone take the recoil from it.

About the "they don't look like a fleet" oh but they are a fleet, the wings are apart of all the new hull designs of the I.C.C, And the older ships are more or less the only ships without them, Aside from the U.G.T.O ships >_>.

A question however, what's the reason for the title(The Interstellar Cultural Confederation)?
There are two different factions that are currently getting worked on

The I.C.C and the U.G.T.O (The United Galactic Trade Organization)

The U.G.T.O are currently at war with the I.C.C, as the I.C.C are more or less rebels trying to fight for there freedom.

Anyway thanks again for the reviews
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Rhiawhyn wrote: Thanks, and on the different weapon notes, the faction has a large assortment of different types of weapons

That's what I figured. Being a collection of cultures, that's understandable.
About the "they don't look like a fleet" oh but they are a fleet, the wings are apart of all the new hull designs of the I.C.C, And the older ships are more or less the only ships without them, Aside from the U.G.T.O ships >_>.
What?
Aside from the fact that they all have shield walls and most of them have pod-style wings, I fail to see many similar features. As you said, this is a collection of different cultures, so that's not necessarily a bad thing. I realize it is a fleet, but fleets usually have characteristics that are evident in all of the ships. "Has wings" is a pretty broad characteristic.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

How are you supposed to fight ships that are completely surrounded by aegis? It looks silly, anyway.
Temujin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Temujin »

I could fly a Ferret through the holes in the shielding.
[i]In difficult ground, press on.
In encircled ground, devise strategems.
In desperate ground, fight.[/i]
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

Wonder if my Dark Orions can punch through those shields. Maybe the Besieger could......
Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

That is the absolute worst fleet name I have heard so far (no offense intended).

I like the big ship though.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/Herumtreiber/Sprites/BeachwithTurtle.jpg[/img] by Me.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Theres a reason for the name, but have you ever heard of a govermental body with a cool name?
I think the shields are designed to be punched through on a given side.
Each vessel is fairly specialized so it makes sense not to follow a common shape, no RL fleet does.
Shoulda called it FS lol...pure awesomness. Now gotta make some kluth bombers with lots of plasma charges to look like neutrons. I made two ugto ships but they didnt turn out quite as accurate as I wanted so I will go back and work on them now that I know more about the controls.
Kartoffelkopf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kartoffelkopf »

I don't like the shields either... :P
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I like the use of the inner aegis deflectors. Either change the colour of the shields or shrink them to an invisible size.
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

Rhiawhyn wrote:The I.C.C and the U.G.T.O (The United Galactic Trade Organization)
Has someone been watching Kiddy Grade? U.G.T.O sounds oddly like GOTT (Galatic Organisation of Trade & Tariff)...

Anyway, what DeathsHand said.

Nothing spectacular, but nice shapes.

I think the color scheme could be adjusted.

The perimeter shielding is off in my opinion. Like what Sponge said, Arcalane's one of the few people who's really got it right. This one's kinda like... like... bl3d4's Vangaurd all over again. Ditch 'em or modify 'em.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]