Nexus Alliance Fleet(Wtf Atrum posted ships? NOWAI!)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Atrum
Captain
Captain

Nexus Alliance Fleet(Wtf Atrum posted ships? NOWAI!)

Post by Atrum »

----------------------------------------------------
///////NEXUS ALLIANCE STAR NAVY
//////FLEET INFORMATION DATABASE
/////UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH
////CLASSIFICATION LEVEL: RED

Autonomous Combat Drones

The Autonomous Combat Drone series are cheap, independent, AI-controlled attack robots that can unleash havoc upon enemy fighter squadrons. The Bomber version releases a nanocloud that can wear down Capital ships over time. The Nanoclouds are particularly useful at causing point-defence weapons to waste their shots, and more importantly, "Go Spaztic."

Volo-Class Corvette/Postulo Volo-Class Dogfighter Corvette

The Volo-Class, and its' variant, the Postulo Volo, are fast, powerful corvettes designed for patrol, reconissance and fighter/drone-interception duties. They carry a small crew and are armed with light weapons. Fast and agile, they strike a balance between the Frigate-Class and Combat Drones/Fighters.

Chalybs-Class Beam Frigate/Chalybs Telum-Class Artillery Frigate

Sporting two beam cannons, the Chalybs-Class can engage other Frigates or larger ships in groups. It's variant, the Chalybs Telum, sacrifices speed, armor and the beam cannons to mount a deadly Storm Cannon, a long-range artillery cannon capable of tearing down capital ships section-by-section.

---------------------------------------------------
Ventus-Class Attack Destroyer/Incendia Tempestas-Class Artillery Destroyer

The workhorse and pride of the Nexian Fleet, the Ventus-Class Attack Destroyer sports energy and beam cannons, as well as a single plasma autocannon. Good point-defence and shielding round off this already impressive ship. It's brother, the Incendia Tempestas, sacrifices speed, armor and a few weapons to mount two Ifrit Cannons, and a Photon Bolter that shoots near-invisible streams of photons at the enemy.

Mucro-Class Cruiser

The Mucro-Class is essentially the Ventus on steroids. Wing pods allow for enhanced shielding, additional weapons and upgraded armor but this come at the price of speed. The Mucro is used when the Ventus is simply not enough, and trades in the middle Plasma Autocannon for a Photon Cannon.

Regis-Class BattleCruiser

A massive juggernaut of energy and beam cannons, the Regis is incredibly heavily armored and shielded, and carries two EMP Cannons. These cannons, unlike conventional ones, shooots an extremely powerful pulse, then fires a cloaked shell containing nanowires that cause additional short-circuits, if the pulse hasn't stopped the hostile ship already.
--------------------------------------------------
Weapons
--------------------------------------------------

Energy Cannon

Medium Nexus Alliance weapon that fires a burst of energy bolts. Deals moderate damage.

Beam Cannon
Powerful Nexus Alliance Beam weapon that fires a short-lived burst of energy. Deals a lot of damage in a short amount of time and is uninterceptable.

Nanocloud Generator
Releases a swarm of ravenous nanobots at the enemy. This causes enemy ships' point defence to go crazy and deals fair damage all over the ship.

Storm Launcher
Fires a powerful, precise bolt of antimatter at the target. Ideal for breaking down
stronger ships piece by piece. Can also be used to target weakpoints for massive damage.

Downloads:

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... eFleet.rar
Last edited by Atrum on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Ham
Commander
Commander

Post by Iron Ham »

y'sure you have enough guns on the bigger ships? :P
A tout le monde!
a tout mes amis!
je vois aime!
je dois partir!
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Iron Ham wrote:y'sure you have enough guns on the bigger ships? :P
Needz moar gunz! :P

I like the arc of blasters on the edges of that big ship.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I think the last ship has invisible drones...
Nice work, anyways. I like the "curved pod" design.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

ITT Atrum steals my shieldwalls.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

I really like the curved designs on the two largest ships. However, the rest of the fleet uses a completely different style, and they don't fit together too well. Still, nice ships.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

As a whole, a solid and good looking fleet. Im not a fan of color scheme, though. Only two colors, and its too bright.

But Mucro and Regis are really the highlights here. I like the first one, and the Regis is just sweet. Except maybe the yellow connections between the pods, those two pieces with aegis sticking out of the hull near the engines and a few depth/mirroring errors, its perfect. Its got loads of interesting stuff in it - the whole curved pod with blasters idea, usage of circle pieces as weapon munts, the engines, the way youve created inner hull (yellow parts)... good stuff.

Those zoomed in screenshots are not the best idea, imo. Glow becomes too excessive in them. Oh, and crop your images, please :)
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Regis looks good.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

Invisible drones? Yeah, the Regis and (I think?) Mucro sport Nanocloud Generators, like the bombers. And yeah, I think the Regis needs moar forward guns... Might be adding another beamer bank.

Editz: My bad on the image sizes. Sorry to all you 640x480 guys out there >.>
Last edited by Atrum on Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

*EvilAngryAtrumPost*

Except that by using a core, and sections, and weapons, you have stolen my design.

Grr.

TH, fix missiles and demeters. I want to let the Missile Ships and other ships out of the closet...pwease?
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I think that was the killing blow.

MAKE MOAR SHIPS SO I CAN BLOW THEM UP.

Also, the nanocloud thingies seem a bit OP compared to the rest of the weapons.
Atrum
Captain
Captain

Post by Atrum »

I know that...I know that...

They only work over time. If you need something (SMALL) gotten rid of quickly, you're better off having a group of Interceptor Drones harassing it instead of a Bomber.

Or maybe a pair of Volos.
Anty
Commander
Commander

Post by Anty »

omg the stormlauncher is mean, it blew up an entire arm of my Marton dreadnought without even another piece beeing destroyed. I do find the EMP cannons are way to powerful
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

POST MOAR SHIPS
Kartoffelkopf
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kartoffelkopf »

I noticed the sarcasm, too.