Spootech Industries ships and other works of Spoot Knight

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Continue with the Fourth Revision?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 35

Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Spootech Industries ships and other works of Spoot Knight

Post by Spoot Knight »

Spootech Industries presents the lastest in technological advances for the United Commonwealth, with a detailed list of ship / weapon nomenclatures and information on special weaponry.

Information on ships are given from lightest classes to the heaviest.

Strike Craft can range from Gunboats to Frigates, these are the smallest of the warships, the most lightly armed / armored, but are also the fastest and most manuverable. In order for Strike Craft to equal the capabilities of the larger warships, Strike Craft are usually designed specifically for a special role, then used in conjunction with other Strike Craft, an example being a ship designed soley for direct fire with beam weapons flying alongside a ship designed for support with missile barrages.

The SIM-25 Curtana class Monitor utilizes the SIRd-41 Equalizer Raildriver armed on the Crusader Super Dreadnought as a main weapon, which leaves little room for anything else other than two Ripper Railguns. This ship is best used as an artillery ship, as getting too close to the enemy will easily result in the Curtana's destruction. A wing of Curtanas have the combined firepower to take out a destroyer, if it cannot bring weapons to bear in time.

Armaments:
Offensive
1 SIRd-41 Equalizer Raildriver
2 SIRg-29 Ripper Railguns
4 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
4 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

The SICv-11 Shashka class Corvette is the standard patrol and support ship in the Spootech fleet. While very fast, the Shashka is lightly armed, and extremely fragile and must rely on numbers in a combat situation. An area of concern is the lack of aft weapons coverage, this ship is almost incapable of defending itself from pursuing attackers. However, it has a fairly adequate foward striking capability for its size.

Armaments:
Offensive
1 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannon
4 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
4 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
2 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns

The SIFr-41 Broadsword class Missile Frigate was a standard patrol ship unitl it was refitted to operate as a missile platform, with SIML-33 Vindicator Missile Launchers, more powerful than the Avenger with a larger payload and higher rate of fire, several Broadswords can unleash Hell's fury with this weapon alone. The use of a more powerful missile battery makes up for the frailness of the ship's armor.

Armaments:
Offensive
2 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
4 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
2 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
6 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
10 SIML-33 Vindicator Missile Launchers
Defensive
6 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns

Taking a more straightfoward approach to fighting the enemy, the SIFr-46 Flamberge class Beam Frigate uses four pulsar beam cannons, named the SIFBr-12 Fury, which unlike the lance beam cannons, fire short, rapid bursts which still have devastating effects, but can do so even to large capital ships, which makes the Flamberge an ideal attack ship in small flight groups with ships that lack heavy firepower. This ship also relies on a Firestorm beam cannon, which makes this ship truly special as no Strike Craft is capable of carrying beam weaponry. Specializing in beam weapons leaves little room for other offensive and defensive weapons, as well as makes this ship slower for its size.

Armaments:
Offensive
1 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannon
3 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
6 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
4 SIFBr-12 Fury Pulsar Beam Cannons
1 SIFB-6 Firestorm Particle Lance (Standard power output)
Defensive
6 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns

Tactical Warships used to be the most powerful ships until the introduction of Assault Warships, their long service life means their numbers are much greater, and is usually the type of ship to use on a large scale assault. Tactical Warships range from Destroyers of any subclass up to Cruisers of any subclass (Battlecruiser being an exception).

The SIDe-34 Liberty Class Destroyer is smaller than a typical destroyer but has a suprisingly powerful broadside weapon system housing ten SIAc-7 Shadow Cannons, which act like a gatling gauss gun, as well as a pair of Firestorm beam cannons. The Shadow Cannons begin to fire once target lock is aquired but as it fires the weapon's fire rate speed up as the RPM of the barrels increase, the effects can be devastating against groups of small ships.

Armaments:
Offensive
4 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
6 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
10 SIAc-7 Shadow Gauss Autocannons
2 SIFB-6 Firestorm Particle Lance (Standard power output)
1 SIML-43 Harbinger Torpedo Launcher
10 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
14 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns

One of the newer Tactical Ships in Spoot's fleet, the SIDe-38 Independence Class Destroyer is more streamlined than the Liberty, slightly faster and more manuverable. However, the hull is not as strong, considering the Independence is longer in length. For a ship of this size, it is very powerful, with a large number of rapid-firing Plasma Cannons and Autocannons.

Armaments:
Offensive
6 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
6 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
8 SIAc-7 Shadow Gauss Autocannons
1 SIFB-6H Wildfire Particle Lance (Heavy power output)
2 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
14 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
14 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
6 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

The SICa-59 Constitution class Assault Cruiser is the mainstay of Spoot's fleet, upgraded considerably since its first years of production, the Constitution makes use of six SIML-43 Harbinger missile launchers, which fire powerful anti-capital ship torpedoes, along with its four Avenger missile launchers. It also makes use of eight Hailstorm slashing beams to inflict heavy damage to larger ships. Compared to other ships this is a ship worth keeping, and it is highly possible that the Constitution will see many more battles long after the rest of the ships become decomissioned.

Armaments:
Offensive
7 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
10 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
4 SIRg-37 Vulcan Heavy Railguns
6 SIRg-29 Ripper Railguns
8 SISB-9H Hailstorm Slashing Particle Lances (Heavy power output)
6 SIML-43 Harbinger Torpedo Launchers
4 SIML-26 Avenger Missile Launchers
10 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
18 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
8 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

Assault Warships are monsterous vessels that are few in number, but extremely powerful with a combination of armor that is nearly impenetrable and weapons arrays that can easily tear ships apart, they are also very sluggish, and easy to outmanuver.

The SIBc-64 Paladin class Battlecruiser is the lightest of the three Super Capital class ships, but that doesn't mean it can't toss out a considerable amount of firepower through its side batteries. The Paladin lacks the missile tubes seen on the other ships, but makes up for it with two batteries of four SIRg-37 Vulcan Railguns on each side.

Armaments:
Offensive
3 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
8 SIPc-73 Devastator burst-fire Plasma Cannons
4 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
16 SIRg-37 Vulcan Heavy Railguns
8 SISB-9H Hailstorm Slashing Particle Lances (Heavy power output)
1 SIFB-6VH Hellfire Particle Lance (Very Heavy power output)
14 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
32 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
10 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

The SIBs-68 Templar class Battleship uses a modular hull add-on on the port and starboard sections to increase the total weapons capacity and make a truly fearsome ship. An ideal flagship in the fleets of Spoot, the Templar handles very well in any angle, with SIML-26 Avenger missile batteries placed canted to the side of the ship's stern, this makes it very hard to fight from the Templar's six, as well as fatal.

Armaments:
Offensive
7 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
6 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
8 SIRg-37 Vulcan Heavy Railguns
6 SISB-12VH Blizzard Slashing Particle Lances (Very Heavy power output)
1 SIFB-6VH Hellfire Particle Lance (Very Heavy power output)
20 SIML-26 Avenger Missile Launchers
20 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
34 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
12 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

If any pilot stumbles within visual range of the SIDr-71 Inquisitor class Dreadnought, they're already dead. This behemoth sports two SIFB-6VH Hellfire class Lance Beams, along with an experimental XSIFB-13 Inferno beam cannon, which can obliterate hull as if it was paper. From the sides, pilots would have to fare against six SISB-12VH Blizzard slashing beam cannons, and ten SIML-26 Avenger missile pods.

Armaments:
Offensive
10 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
12 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
11 SIRg-37 Vulcan Heavy Railguns
14 SIRg-29 Ripper Railguns
12 SISB-12VH Blizzard Slashing Particle Lances (Very Heavy power output)
2 SIFB-6VH Hellfire Particle Lance (Very Heavy power output)
1 XSIFB-13 Inferno Particle Lance (Extreme power output)
20 SIML-26 Avenger Missile Launchers
20 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
40 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
14 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

Despite the sheer firepower the Inquisitor is capable of delivering, Spootech Industries began construction of the SISDr-01 Crusader Super Dreadnought, a massive warship almost three times the size of an Inquisitor, and the firepower of two combined. The Crusader also houses two experimental weapons, the XSIFB-66 Lucifer, a weapon frightfully more powerful than the Inferno, and a pair of SIRd-41 Equalizer Raildrivers made to punch through the hulls of smaller ships while taking them out with little effort. It also houses a modified version of the Hellfire beam cannon, with an increased range, but sacrificing damage output and requiring more time to recharge their capacitors. The armor of this ship is estimated to be 150% thicker than the Inquisitor's, and because of its size, it is about half as fast.

Armaments:
Offensive
37 SIPc-84 Pulverizer rapid-fire Heavy Plasma Cannons
40 SIPb-7 Eradicator Plasma Bursters
24 SIRg-37 Vulcan Heavy Railguns
17 SIRg-29 Ripper Railguns
18 SISB-12VH Blizzard Slashing Particle Lances (Very Heavy power output)
4 SIFB-6VH Hellfire "L" Particle Lance (Very Heavy power output - Increased Range)
1 XSIFB-66 Lucifer Particle Lance (Immense power output)
2 SIRd-41 Equalizer Raildrivers
20 SIML-33 Vindicator Missile Launchers
10 SIML-26 Avenger Missile Launchers
12 SIML-43 Harbinger Torpedo Launchers
56 SIPg-63 Lance automatic Pulse Guns
Defensive
74 SIPD-52 Interceptor Point Defence Guns
10 SIPD-50 Scout Flak Cannons

Download the entire fleet:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... _Fleet.rar
Last edited by Spoot Knight on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Only balance them against each other and whatever you have them designed to fight.

These look epic.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

their beautiful! I love that color scheme, and don't overarm them for their size. Amazing work
Harvestfreak
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Harvestfreak »

How I Balance my ships is I have them fight the Leviathan. But that is how my ships are made. Realistically.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Harvestfreak][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/Harvestfreak.png[/img][/url]
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Wow... :shock:
Strideo
Captain
Captain

Post by Strideo »

Now those are niiiiiice. 8)

I especially like the shape of the first two ships. The way you've executed the color scheme is just perfect and the weapons fit into the designs very well. Good job on making special places to fit the weapons in!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1681][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/Strideo/BF/AthacianShipyards3.jpg[/img]
Clicky to see my fleets! :D[/url]
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Great ships, if a bit dark. They flow very well. Interesting detail, especially the actented parts.

A shame those weapons stick out that much, though. they detract from the ship itself, but i guess theres nothing you can do about that.
KOS- Abaddon
Commander
Commander

Post by KOS- Abaddon »

Dude... holy shit. Those are freaking sweet. Just wait until the Apollyon fleet is overhauled!!! Then we'll see whos are stronger... :P
Caboose
Commander
Commander

Post by Caboose »

All I can say about these ships is, well, wow. Truly amazing ships. A bit of balancing might not hurt, but just remember: have a bit of overpowered fun every now and again. Now, i wonder what would go through the mind of an enemy driving a Hestia near this thing would be...
No, wait, go back! Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?

The United Terran-Grakk'Mar Alliance Fleet: http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2293&postdays=0&postorder=asc&vote=viewresult
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

KOS- Abaddon wrote:Dude... holy shit. Those are freaking sweet. Just wait until the Apollyon fleet is overhauled!!! Then we'll see whos are stronger... :P
And through this quote it shows what my ships in actuality are supposed to be balanced against...
You'll need to know the weapon stats first before you do anything, these ships can obliterate anything we've made before with just one of their beam cannons.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I really like these ships. They don't seem too overpowered, the way people are saying they're unbalanced would make you think that they're like m papal dreadnoughts. I remember your last set of ships and I want to say that these ones are a lot better. Well done, I hope to see the rest of the fleet soon.
ValesTii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ValesTii »

derekiv wrote:Wow... :shock:
[i] "Harken the angel summons. No mercy for the damned. No escape from the catastrophe.
The true path shall guide you to find peace in annihilation"[/i]
[size=75][u] Lezard Valeth [/u][/size]
KOS- Abaddon
Commander
Commander

Post by KOS- Abaddon »

Spoot Knight wrote:
KOS- Abaddon wrote:Dude... holy shit. Those are freaking sweet. Just wait until the Apollyon fleet is overhauled!!! Then we'll see whos are stronger... :P
And through this quote it shows what my ships in actuality are supposed to be balanced against...
You'll need to know the weapon stats first before you do anything, these ships can obliterate anything we've made before with just one of their beam cannons.
Ah. Looks like I've got some work to do, then, don't I? The main gun on teh Inquisitor is a bit re-dic, though. :P I'll get around it, though. Ha ha ha. The Apollyon are EVER-Evolving!!!
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Wow. Some really nice designs, blending flowing form with efficiency/realism like that.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

This is the first time I've seen weapon placement that can be considered beautiful.