Commodore111's Custom Ships(Formerly A fleet soon to come)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ethril wrote:Personally, if I were Anna, I would feel flattered to have my style become so popular.
Yes, but you're not Anna, are you? :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Obviously.

The point was that he shouldn't be offended by it (if he is), but instead proud that he made an awesome style worth imitating.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I shouldn't be offended that he decided to make a ship that's almost a complete rip of something I made? What fantasy land are you living in, Ethril? I'll tell you what, how about I take, oh... the Lord or the Rings, say. I'll change some names, turn the Hobbits into midgets... Tolkien wouldn't be at all bothered by that, would he? Oh wait, I'm sure if he was still alive, he would.

I don't have any problems with using ideas or design techniques that I use. I don't even mind things looking sort of like my things. Out of five people I asked, five people could have sworn that it was a ship I made. Because it looks almost like it belongs in my fleet. There's a difference between "being influenced by a style" and "almost completely copying a style". The latter offends me, particularly if credit isn't given, because it shows a willingness to benefit off another person's work.

Now, if this is just a complete coincidence (which I doubt highly), then fine. And even if it isn't, I'm barely more than a little irritated, but please stop talking nonsense.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Ripoff is such a negative term, but sure. Let's go with that. *no sarcasm*
But yeah, the least he could've done is give credit for the idea.

I'd rather this not come to a long, meaningless shoutfest. Especially with you involved.
You intimidate me greatly. D:
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I redid the ship okay? I was typing a long post about why my ship is not a ripoff but here is the new version:

Spoot Knight wrote:I still fail to see how it's a total rip, general design-wise, I can see some similarities but not exact duplicates.
I was trying to show people that its similar but not a rip but im not willing to retype that post. And no, from my perspective I don't think that it would beling in your fleet, comparing it to your ships, it looks only a little like them.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

That looks amazing. Great job.
derekiv
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by derekiv »

Only thing I can find wrong is that the weapons look out of place, but I don't know what to do about that.

So, I'll just say: Great ship! :D
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Much better. Those wings have a potential. Id say get rid of the whole middle, leave the wings, and work your way up with from that.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Accually I think the middle is pretty much needed though.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

He means keep the wings, but recreate the middle in a different way. I think it looks great as it is. The comment about weapons being out of place is valid, though. I think it's because they are gray and you're using a dark color scheme. Nothing you can do about that.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

their not gray, the color scheme is dark blue-light blue-red
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Holy hell, man. READ. The weapons themselves are gray. They are a light gray. Light gray is considerably lighter than your color scheme, which is primarily dark. The weapons "stick out" because of this. It is a valid concern, but unless you want to change your color scheme, you can't fix it. I don't recommend changing the color scheme- I like it. Don't worry about it.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

sorry i gues I misunderstood you. Anyway heres the newest versions of the first 2 ships in the new fleet:

Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

I like the Life...holy hell...
XxKiraYamatoxX
Captain
Captain

Post by XxKiraYamatoxX »

That Illusion looks like pure ownage......